Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

Take My Heart…

 

 

valentine mosaic

For this Valentine’s Day vignette, I incorporated  a few items from around the house.

.

hearts on a tray

I used a vintage mirror as the base for the display and placed a couple of pitchers on either side of a plant that is amazingly still alive after several years.

My brown thumb seems to have turned to green lately!

Two little pitchers in the appropriate colors for this holiday of love flank the plant.

They’re joined by glass and ceramic hearts.

 

red pitcher

This little pitcher really isn’t practical for everyday use- I bought it at a yard sale simply for its color and its cuteness factor.

 

white pitcher

The same thing goes for its companion white pitcher. Although, I have used this one on occasion as a creamer.

 

2 hearts

Here are the two hearts on the mirror.

 

glass heart

I like that I can see a small reflection of the green leaves in this photo.

 

greenery

I’ve had this plant under a glass cloche for the past week and it has started to sprout little pink flowers.

It must be feeling healthy.

 

pitchers and hearts

 

 

 

valentine card

I never do anything special to celebrate Valentine’s Day, but this year the husband will receive a card filled with those little candy hearts he likes.

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Linking to:

Laurie’s Valentine Party

Wow Us Wednesday

Treasure Hunt Thursday

 

 

15 comments:

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME/Doublewide Decor said...

Darling pitchers and the mirror is perfect to show them off!

Barbara F. said...

Awwww you need to do a little something for Valentine's Day. ;-) Although solo, I will make myself something nice for breakfast or dinner, something heart healthy! xo

Diane said...

That mirror is the perfect spot for such a sweet vignette. Both pitchers have tons of personality and love your hearts. Hope you husband enjoys his sweets!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

A very pretty Valentine's Day vignette. Putting it on the mirror was a great idea.
I have not done any decorating for Valentines and may just skip this year.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Your pitchers are pretty, Sue. Love that striped heart, too. I've gone the reverse way, for house plants anyway ~ they die on me.

The French Hutch said...

Hi Sue, I love your "Cupid Love". I think cupid is making his way around this week. Love the little cupids under the cloche and you have my heart with this post. Love the mirror vignette and the pitchers.
Happy Valentine's Day.....

~Emily
The French Hutch

Linda @ A La Carte said...

That is a very sweet vignette! I love the color of the red pitcher, who cares about practical when it's that cute!!
hugs, Linda

Sarah said...

Sweet vignette, Sue. I bet your hubby is going to be surprised. ;-)

Jo said...

Very cute! Heard you were in my neck of the woods...

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Very sweet vignette! I hope you are enjoying the month of hearts. xo

Lori E said...

I like that little pitcher. It looks really versatile. Your hearts are wood? I thought they were cookies at first. I would have been in for a big surprise had I bitten one.
I am not a big fan of celebrating "merchant holidays" myself but like the decorating ideas.

Shelia said...

Oh, Sue, this is so pretty and I love your pretty pitchers.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

The Tablescaper said...

Love the vignette. Neat pitchers.

- The Tablescaper

Laurie Ritchey said...

Sue, this is pretty, and I love that mirror your vignette is on. Thank you so much for linking to my party. Happy Valentine's Day! laurie

farmlady said...

So pretty! I love these small pitchers. I use them for little bunches of flowers when guests come. I always make a little posy on their nightstand.
Lovely arrangement... especially on a mirror.
Happy Valentine's Day,Sue.