Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Vintage Market & Extravaganza and Lots of Friends….

 

welcome to VM

It was one heckuva whirlwind time at the Springfield Extravaganza and Vintage Market last weekend! The fairgrounds are usually always hopping during this show, but with the addition of the Vintage Market,  the crowds came out in droves. I understood that first day attendance on Friday exceeded all past first day numbers!

Friday was spent shopping and meeting up with friends, Kathy and Debby. The husband and I arrived about 7:45 and we went right to the Vintage Marketplace tents. I was really anxious to see all of the vendors who traveled to Ohio for the inaugural Vintage Marketplace at the Springfield Extravaganza. My cell phone rang off the hook, so to speak, as I tried to navigate both Kathy and Debby to an appointed meeting place. My landmark of choice was a concession stand that looked like a giant ice cream cone!  Gotta love that fair food!

 

 

three ohio bloggers 2

Here we are standing in the Nostalgia’s Cottage booth, where I worked on Saturday with another blogging friend, Kathy Stantz. After introducing both girls to Kathy, we all had fun exploring her booth. Did you know that the both of them had the audacity to say that I am “bossy.”  I don’t know why…..    I just like to do things my way and give “direction” to others…..   Is that being “bossy?”  LOL 

Over the next few days, I was able to meet up with five other Ohio bloggers-  Carrie from Junque Magnet, Pam from Frippery, Jo from Jo’s Second Act, Angie from Lil Raggedy Angie, and Pam from House of Hawthornes.  No pics, though…. my camera got left in the car and I was too tired to run and get it. Did I mention that it was HOT? I got a great tan walking around the fairgrounds three days in a row!

 

 

the girls

Here are the girls from Nostalgia’s Cottage- Kathy, Susan, and Terri- all from Mansfield, Ohio. When the show closed down on Friday afternoon, we all went to the blogger’s party in the Junkmarket tent, where Sue Whitney was set up. We all had a blast eating snacks, drinking wine, and chatting with other other junkers. They are such a great bunch of gals and it was fun to work in the booth with them on Saturday! 

 

 

nostalgia's cottage booth

There was “junque” galore in Nostalgia’s booth. Most of the furniture was sold the first day and the girls’ crafted items sold extremely well, too.

 

jewelry, clothing, artwork

 

 

 

OHIO

The Buckeye contingency was definitely the largest group there.  We had a great time entertaining the out-of-state girls who weren’t aware that Buckeyes spell out “O-H-I-O” when “Hang on Sloopy” is being played.  Just hum to yourself…..  “Hang on Sloopy, Sloopy hang on….  O-H-I-O!   It is an official song for The Ohio State University. Not Ohio State University, but rather,The Ohio State University.  Here we are spelling out “O-H-I-O.”  From left to right are:  Kathy Stantz, Zuni Corkerton, Debby Messner, and myself.  Do you see the O, the H, the I, and the last O?

 

buckeyes plus 2

It’s the four Buckeye Bloggers you saw before, plus two Minnesota girls and another Ohio blogger in front of us. On the left is senior editor at Junkmarket, Lanette Lorsung, Lisa from Urban Farmhouse , and the Queen of Junk herself- Sue Whitney.

 

tot 2

Theresa from Time Worn Interiors sponsored a give-away for several sets of  free admission tickets to the Extravaganza and Vintage Market and I won!  It was nice not having to pay the $12 Early Bird entry fee for the husband. I let him spend that money on my lunch, instead!

 

tot's booth 1                                tot's booth 3

Theresa had such wonderful items in her booth.  I sure do wish I had been loaded with the big bucks, because she had a couple of metal tables that were to die for!

                                                                                               ~~~~~~~~~~

I don’t want to make this a photo heavy post, so I’ll be back with more pictures later. I didn’t go overboard and buy a lot of things this time. I was very selective and only purchased things that I really loved. I was bummed that I didn’t get the potting bench that I wanted because I waited too long to get back to the booth, but the guy who made it said he’d be happy to custom make one for me. He’s local to the area, so it will be easy to pick it up once it’s done.  See ya soon!

 

                                                                                                                                                                         ***********

If you haven’t already done so, don’t forget to stop over to THIS POST to sign up for my current give-away. Print Runner is offering one lucky reader 250 customized business cards!   

22 comments:

Debby said...

Oh friend, why are you cut off of the other pictures. You silly girl. I have been worried about not hearing from you. Were you a little worn out. I was after one day. Busy week watching kids....now I am packing for Colorado.....yippee. Will talk to you soon. Hope you are having a good week.

lilraggedyangie said...

Sue , it was so great to meet you ...looks lots of fun was had in the Vintage Marketplace !! Ill be emailing you some details about the tings we discussed soon ! Rest up you never know when the next shopping trip may occur lol Have a great weekend! hugs lil raggedy angie

Bunny Jean said...

Hi Sue!

What fun it must be to get together with a sisterhood of bloggers! Great pictures of the booths and people. I will be looking forward to more.

xoxo Bunny Jean

Salmagundi said...

Looks like fun! What's on the schedule this weekend???? Sally

Olive Cooper said...

Ya'll are having so much fun...I wish I was there instead of in this heat.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Wow -- what a wonderful time you all must have have and what wonderful goodies you all had for sale! I was drooling over quite a few items. Fun photos, Sue!

Jo said...

Have you rested up? It took awhile for me to get back to "normal" I think I had sensory overload - got a lot of gd ideas

Sue said...

that looked just like the Country Living Fair....and how fun to meet up with so many other bloggers....looks like you had a great time....But where was Sue?? I missed her picture...wasn't she there?
and What did you buy....will we be seeing pictures of your stash?

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Sounds and looks like you all had a fun time. Thanks for sharing it all with us that were not there. Would love to have been there - but a little far away. Congrats on winning the ticket.
Have an enjoyable and safe weekend.

Lori E said...

Thanks for the tour Ethel, I soooo wish I was there too.
I plan on attending a big event in July and I sure hope I remember to take pictures.
Isn't it great to find a local craftsman who can make special pieces for us.

NanaDiana said...

Oh- It looks like you had an absolutely wonderful time...AND...you met some wonderful people along the way. I know several of those gals from blogland. Gotta love that siley Debby, huh? Blessings- xo Diana

Jemsmom said...

That looks like so much fun!!! All the goodies look fantastic. I would love to go shopping with you and you find all the neat trinkets you find! Minnesota girls! I could have come with them!! Ha!

✿ⒹⒺⒺ✿@ A Lapin Life said...

Oh wow! It looks like you were all having so much fun!

Dee

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

LOL! Well you know Sue, Murph did start that conversation! I hope you had time to get some stuff for yourself. Yes, I'd love to see your cart ~ before I buy one. I have one saved in my shopping cart on Amazon. Pam sent me a link to a pattern to make the liner. It is raining and humid here in NY. Hoping I come back to nice weather there Tuesday afternoon. Talk to you next week!

The Vintage Farmhouse said...

I've got some photos up on my blog of you!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Looks like this was one awesome show...lucky YOU...for getting to go.

Blessings,
Linda

Pam said...

I missed that little scooter at Time Warn Interiors. I could have scooted around the show on that thing!

Susie Q said...

I know you all had a blast! Hope I get to the one in the Fall! Grace has become a garage sale lover so we hope to do some while she is out of school! If you ever have no one to go with, please call me! I miss you! I sent a message to you about Springfield but I guess you were so busy then...been wondering if we might plan another Summer Buckeye Blogger meet up!
Love,
Sue

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

Sue, I've just enjoyed seeing your last two posts. I'm so jealous of all of the great places you get to go. This looks like such a wonderful place, and everyone looks like they are having a blast! I saw some very interesting treasures in your photos. Wish I could have been there. laurie

Sandy said...

Sue, it looks like a wonderful time! I keep checking in to see what's new and it looks like you've been taking a break. Hope all is well.

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

I went to the one in Nashville and loved it! I eon free tickets from Teresa too! And I loved her booth!

Right now I am already looking forward to the country living fair in Atlanta in October! It was amazing last year!!

Lou cinda

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

*won*