Pages

Sunday, May 27, 2012

More Vintage Marketplace

springfield flea market

It seems as if it’s only been a few days since the Springfield Antique and Vintage Marketplace show, when in reality, it has actually been a week!  As promised, I’m back to show you a few more photos of the show. In my last post, I neglected to mention a few people that I’d seen and visited with- aahh, what was I thinking? Guess the fact that I couldn’t find their photos contributed to that faux pas. So without further ado, here are Nicki, Jean, Teri, Debra, and Carrie…..  

                                 

    nicki                                                                                      

 I had been commenting on Nicki Winkle’s blog for some time before meeting her in person at the Horton’s French Flea Market in Indiana last summer. She sold me a pair of  urns for a very good price last week and once I faux-paint them to make them “olden,” I’ll fill them with colorful blooms and set them on the back patio where we’ve put down nine cubic yards of mulch. We probably have six more to go. Yikes! Have I mentioned that my fingernails are black and they need a good scrubbing with peroxide and baking soda to get them clean? That was a trick an old high school friend sent me on Facebook the other day. It really works! 

 

 

 

                                   

 jean s.

 Jean Schuessler is a pal that I met a few years ago in her booth at Past Perfect, my favorite little shop up in Tipp City.  Seems that she had read my blog and recognized my profile photo! Jean, who is an Annie Sloan stockist in the Tipp City/Troy area, was at the Vintage Market promoting Annie’s paint products.  I’ve got to get her working on her blog-  I’m sure that she would have lots of painted treasures to show us!

 

 

 

 

terri

I met Teri Logan a few years ago when shopping her consignment store, Alley Cat Chic. Teri is the Dayton area stockist for Annie Sloan Paint and her booth space at the Vintage Market was stuffed to the gills with gorgeous painted pieces.

 

 

 

 

deb

Debra Campbell is the owner of Wall Artistry, Ohio’s exclusive distributor of Annie Sloan products, and she is an accomplished decorative painter. She had a good contingent of stockists working her booth and selling products last week. Debra and I met last year when I bought my first can of Annie’s paint from her.

 

 

gathered comforts, shannon

And although I don’t have a picture of Shannon from the Gathered Comforts booth, I want to send out a shout-out to her! I met her and her sister, Julie, a couple of years ago at the Springfield Extravaganza. She is such a sweetie and has such a fun, southern drawl. So good to see you again, Shannon.  Love your memo board!

 

 

 

 

junque magnet

And last, but not least, is my friend Carrie Murphy from Junque Magnet. Carrie lives just a short trip down the road from me in Lebanon, Ohio and she is a junquer extraordinaire!  Her son was her side-kick for this sale and he was such a polite young man. So glad you sold all your big items!  Now get on out and find some more great junque!

All right, now that I have redeemed myself for not including these girls in my last post, here are some more pictures of the show~

 

painted furniture

Painted furniture was everywhere! These pieces were in the Alley Cat Chic booth.

 

 

 

birdhouse

I saw this birdhouse on one of my forays to the back of the fairgrounds.

 

 

license plate art

These guitars were crafted from old license plates and barbed wire. Aren’t they too fun?

 

 

 

 

katie's booth

I met a new friend at this booth. Katie is a fellow Ohioan who owns a store in Columbus called SoBo Style. I bought one of her birch bark “vases.”

 

 

 

sue whitney

One ring-y ding-y, two ring-y ding-y……     Sue Whitney was attempting a call on this $4.00 toy phone. Check out the “Minnie Pearl-esque tag” on her necklace!

 

 

ammo box, shoes

Put on your fancy boots, load up your rifle with ammo from the box, and you’re ready for the flea market!

 

 

coffee table

This table was just one of many industrial pieces in the JunkMarket booth.

 

 

.

chests, lamp, map

More industrial furniture and lighting in Sue Whitney’s booth.

 

 

 

dresser and stove

Shabby chic pieces abounded in this booth in the one of the Vintage Marketplace tents.

 

 

gauges, table, lighting

Gauges can make fun statements as tabletop accessories AND as lamps!

 

 

industrial

Wheels, cogs, metal, and wood……   This table and accessories attracted a lot of attention in the JunkMarket booth.

 

 

nostalgia's cottage

Nostalgia’s Cottage booth space was where I spent my time on Saturday, working with Kathy, Terri, and Susan. What a fun bunch of girls!

 

 

 

 

jewelry, clothing, artwork

In addition to selling their “found” objects, all three girls are talented artists who create jewelry, clothing items, and artwork.

 

 

 

 

wine cork pulling2

At the blogger’s party on Friday, there was no corkscrew to open the wine, so Lanette Lorsung and I made do with a few things from the toolbox to get that cork out. She inserted a screw well into the cork and I held the bottle as she pulled the cork out with a pair of pliers. You have to get inventive if you want to drink your vino! 

Well, there you have it. It was a fantastic three days at the fairgrounds and I’m already looking forward to the September show. I’m sure there will be even more vendors participating in the Vintage Marketplace since it was such a big hit!  Hope your holiday weekend is going well. As for me, tomorrow will bring another day of laying mulch on the hill. It’s amazing how dark mulch can make a yard look so neat and tidy. Too bad it’s such back-breaking work. I think I’m off to have a nice long soak and a little snooze….

 

 

LINKING WITH:

 Monday Marketplace at Common Ground

 Knick of Time Tuesday at Knick of Time

Wow us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style

30 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Sue-What a great post and sooo much fun to see people that you know through blogging and now know in REAL life.

What a lot of goodies there- I hardly know where to look but I must say I am just in love with that big church birdhouse- I think I would have had a hard time passing that up...but I suppose I would have had to take out a loan to own it.

I can imagine that you ARE looking forward to September already- xo Diana

Debbiedoo's said...

How fabulous Sue! The vintage birdhouse was by far my favorite piece. However, there sure is a lot of beauties there! Glad you enjoyed it,now go soak!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Great pictures, Sue! I'm going to have to get there earlier next time I think. I'll bet your yard looks great. All that hard work putting down the mulch will be worth it.

Mary Ellen said...

Such neat things to see at setting such as these! I love that wreath above the blackboard at SoBo's Style- would love to see it in person as it looks like something I would love to try!

Pam said...

Could you have picked a hotter day to lay mulch? We did that earlier this year, but I bought bags because I thought it would be easier to haul them where I needed them. Not sure it was any better than just filling up the wheelbarrow. Love all your photos.

Jo said...

Great photos

Alicia said...

So many beautiful things! A feast for the eyes! I would love to find an antique or vintage show like that one!

I love the photo of you ladies opening the wine...lol.

Jemsmom said...

That is all just a feast for the eyes!!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Thanks for sharing more of your big weekend. Love the pic of you and your friend trying to open the bottle of wine. :D
Hope you have had a fun and safe holiday weekend.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

It looks like thus was such a fun event as well as I hope a lucrative one for all your friends! Everyone had such unique items for sale..I saw a few pieces of furniture I wish I had been there to buy!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

WOW Sue I would never leave a place like that!!

Polly said...

looks like you had fun!

Kathleen said...

Looks like you had fun. Cute drop leaf coctail table!
Congrats on the sheets win!

Shannon said...

Hey Sue
Thanks so much for the nice shout-out on my memo board. It sure was nice to see you again! Hope you have a great summer.
Shannon
Gathered Comforts

Pam@OurAdventuresInHomeImprovement said...

It looks like such a great show! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

I love your inventiveness with the wine. :)

Pam

Laurel@chippingwithcharm said...

Lucky you! Sure wish I could have made the trip...I had some of my "wares" in the JunkMarket booth...but couldn't make the trip this time. Looks like tons of fun...thanks for the tour :) Laurel

The Vintage Farmhouse said...

Eek, I am so not photogenic! lol

Andrea said...

looks like so much fun! I wish there was a great market close by to me =)

Peggy Meckling said...

So sorry I missed the Extravaganza this year. I was out of town. Planning to be there in the fall. Great pics! Thanks for sharing!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Goodness..that had to be a lot of fun. I haven't been to a Fair in years and years.

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

It looks and sounds like you had a wonderful time!! Thank you so much for the well wishes for Jordan too :)
Blessings,
Marcia

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

What a fun post, Sue, to see some of the things I saw and oooohhhed and aaaahhed over, and some that I missed--that show is HUGE! Wish I could've gone back. Great coverage of a great show! ~Zuni

Marie Antionette said...

HI Sue!

Oh... love me some good junkin'!! What great pics of everyone.

Just wanted to drop by and let you know that I am now sharing Marie's blog @ Dolls by Marie Antionette. I posted a new post about the fire that occurred in her kitchen which pulled her away from blogging for quite sometime. Marie & I hope you will stop by to visit with us. I'll be sharing some of my creative projects with you on our dual blogging.

Please come visit us Sue!
Big hugs, Sherry "Edie" formerly Edie Marie's Attic

Marie Antionette said...

Hi Sue!

WOW! What a fabulous event!! Wes & I want to go to the next one! You're looking great girl - whatever you're doing keep it up.

Just wanted to drop by and let you know that I am now sharing Marie's blog @ Dolls by Marie Antionette. I posted a new post about the fire that occurred in her kitchen which pulled her away from blogging for quite sometime. I had some "issues" with my blog being sabotaged and decided to close it for a while. Marie has some health issues that make it difficult for her to deal with posting. So I'm writing for her.

Marie & I hope you will stop by to visit with us.

Love & Big hugs! Sherry "Edie" formerly Edie Marie's Attic

A Proverbs 31 Wife said...

How awesome to meet blogging friends in real life!
Thanks for the baking soda-peroxide tip, I hate working in the dirt because of what it does to my nails! #IknowIamapriss

Katherines Corner said...

so many wonderful treasures!!!! xo

Sue said...

Hi Sue....what a great looking show....how were the prices?....I love going to the Country Living show here in town but find the prices to be a bit steep....so nice that you got to see so many friends.....and you must be busy with summer coming as you haven't posted this month yet....Hope your enjoying yourself.....Sue.

Linda Young said...

What a fun post! Love all the good stuff they showed at the market. It is so cool that you met your blogging friends! That market looks fantastic! Wish I could've gone! I bet your yards looking great by now!
What the heck is going on with Playlist? I went to their site and couldn't figure out how to restore it to my blog, now I miss your lovely music too!
Blessings
Linda @ Grandmalay's Daydreams

xinex said...

I would have loved to be there, Sue. How wonderful to meet up with some bloggers. I hope you are feeling better...Christine

Jill Elaine said...

Not sure how I missed this post but I caught up today! Looks like fun. I had planned to be there but other things came up. Next time!