Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

More Market Merchandise and a Great Sale in Ohio

As promise, here are some more photos of things we saw and/or bought at the furniture market in North Carolina.  We went down primarily looking for  accessories this trip and we really didn’t go into many of the furniture companies whose lines we carry.  But that can be a trip for the fall! 

 

wine cabinet

We were anxious to visit a company whose reps visited the store and asked us to stop in to see their line.  We were so impressed with the pieces that they offer and we promptly started an order!  My partner in crime wasn’t sure about adding in this green bar cabinet, so I used a little smooth talking to convince him. Check out the legs on this baby and the wonderful aged finish! 

 

chest 2

One thing that seemed to be consistent throughout the showrooms was the use of reclaimed wood.  It seems that companies are combing India and buying up old barns, buildings, and fences to use in the manufacturing of these pieces.

 

reclaimed wood chest

The slatted shutter look was predominant in a lot of pieces.  Aren’t the colors so much fun?

 

IMG_0123

Lighting still holds an industrial edge in many showrooms. This pendant would be easy to duplicate using materials that are readily available. The diffuser might pose a problem, but seeing an industrial Edison bulb wouldn’t necessarily be a bad thing, would it?

 

copper pendants

These were my favorite!  Love the aged copper look. I think when I ‘d like to see these in my own kitchen. Even at full retail price, they were very reasonable.

 

wood slat lighting 2

How simple, and yet fantastic, are these wood slat pendants?

 

industrial light pendants

Once again, the industrial look……

                                                                       ~~~~~~

Hope you’re enjoying the accessories I’ve shown you so far. Drop me a note and let me know what you think.

And if you’re looking for a wonderful sale to attend this weekend, take a gander at this one!  It is located in Mt. Vernon, Ohio and promises to be a doozie!  I went to Page’s fall sale last year and I saw so many fantastic things. This  year, there are even more vendors to visit. A few of us Ohio bloggers will be shopping and having lunch at the farm.  This year, I’ll be wearing my “Wellies”  so I don’t slip and fall on the ground, like I did last time. I had a heckuva bruise and was sore for weeks.  The farm’s owner recently had a 10-page feature in Country Living Magazine. Go check that out and maybe you’ll decide to make the trip to central Ohio.  If you are planning to attend, drop me a note so we can meet up. We’ll be there bright and early Friday morning.

 

 

Rural Society Blog-1

                                                                                                                                                                                           click photo to link

 

 

 

linked to:

Inspiration Friday Graphic

20 comments:

busanalayali said...

woww great post good luck,,
toko busana muslim

Cindy said...

Looks like a lot of good finds. Have fun at the Farm Sale!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Have a fun time at the sale. That poster picture is funny. :-D
Yes - please don't fall again this year. I still have problems with my leg as a result of a tumble I took years ago.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I do love that first piece, Sue. Those most be the lights you were telling me about yesterday. Have fun Friday! I hope the weather holds out for you!

NanaDiana said...

OMGOSH, Sue- I love that first piece! I want to marry it! Seriously GORGEOUS! What a fun post with lots of interesting things! xo Diana

Marsha said...

I really like all the cool lighting.

lilraggedyangie said...

Sue , great goodness goodies galore ! Love the shuttered look ! Ahhh the Rural Society Show I hear its a dandy Id love to go but alas Im busy working on things for my booth in the FOLKbarn at Springfield...enjoy the show and take lots of pics to share ! Enjoy your day ! hugs lil raggedy angie

Jo said...

I really liked the industrial looking lamps. Have fun on your hunts this w/e. I will be trying to recoop from my First Friday show. I must'e been nuts to be an organizer and have my booth too Oh well hopefully the craziness will die down after this 1st one

Debby said...

I love the first piece too. So funny that they are making the new look like a redo.
See ya Friday.

✿ⒹⒺⒺ✿@ A Lapin Life said...

Hi Sue,

I'm glad to see the barn-wood is in style. I've been making faux barnwood and loving it.

Dee

Olive Cooper said...

I like the industrial lighting. Have fun at the sale and get those wellies on:)

Salmagundi said...

My favorites were the copper pendants. I've always had a soft spot for copper fixtures, but I rarely see them. We built a house in 1973 and I put in copper light fixtures in it. I've been pining for those fixtures ever since we sold that house! Sally

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

I really like all the furniture pieces! They're doing some interesting things with lighting these days! I still love a vintage chandelier with lots of prisms best!

Kathleen said...

Have fun at the sale! We have our gson's first communion,so I can't make it to Ohio!
Hope you find some bargains!

Kathy said...

What great furniture - the green cabinet is very cool!

We will see you on Friday (hoping we don't need our raincoats...) - looking forward to a fun day with the GIRLS!!

Hugs, Kathy

Anita @ Cedar Hill Ranch said...

I love the reclaimed wood too, and that first piece is so pretty with the green paint.

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

Sue, I think your partner in crime is going to be thanking you. I love that green bar cabinet, and I bet it will sell as soon as they unload it into the store. Oh, how I'd love to just get rid of everything and start over again. That's why I could not go to market. But it sure is fun to see what you find at market! laurie

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

Wow!! These are beautiful pieces, Sue! I'm so glad your sweet-talkin' worked--no wonder you fell in love with it! ~Zuni

Debbiedoo's said...

Hi Sue...that great looking stuff. I love the furniture pieces. I have you back on my blog roll...finally, I tell you this move to wp threw me for aloop. Lets just say no moving for me again.

PAT said...

I love those reclaimed wood pieces Sue!