Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

Last of the Market Photos…

 

Here are the last photos that I took at the furniture market a few weeks ago. We saw so many things that I would have liked to have ordered, but  as I’m often reminded- you have to be selective!

 

The two aluminum look chests below were inspired by the vintage Airstream trailers that were so popular in the 50’s and 60’s.

chest 3

 

 

 

 

 

aluminum look chest

Check out the rounded corners on the top of the chest and the “seams” on the drawers.

 

 

tote

How about this metal tote as a place to store your wooden rolling pins?

 

 

ampersand2

I would have liked this ampersand sign better if the fleur de lis design hadn’t been on it.

 

 

loving cup

This showroom had numerous silver cups and trophies ready for ordering.  If I were buying them for me, the thrill of the hunt for these items at yard and estate sales would be more fun.

 

 

horse head

Horse head, anyone? Interesting piece, but it reminded me of the movie, The Godfather.

 

 

vise bookends

If any of you DIY’ers out there have a couple of spare vises, you could create your own bookends.  What do you think of the alternating book spines?

 

 

cubbies

Placing two separate chests together to form one long piece would be the perfect place for a 50“ wide-screen TV.  I love all of the cubby drawers.

 

 

water glass1

This Canadian company had a line of pictures that featured glass that mimicked the movement of water!

 

 

water glass2

We thought they were very unique so we placed an order for them and a variety of other accessories.

The first of the ordered merchandise came in to the store last week!  It’s like being a kid on Christmas morning when you unwrap everything in the box. Funny how you forget what you ordered!  In general, you can expect to see the new designs and merchandise in retail stores within the next few months.  Have fun shopping!

 

                                                                                                                                                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

 

 

 

10 comments:

Jo said...

Love seeing all the new items. Not so sure abt the horse head but I have friends that would love having it. Seemed like everything was very "earthy" and nostalgic this year -

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love the idea of those chests put together and all those cubbies, Sue. Don't really care for the alternating of the books like that, but I do love the decorative covers.

Jill Elaine said...

I agree - that ampersand is really cool - but I really don't like the fleur de lis on it.
Not a fan of the horse head either! Those pictures are interesting - I would love to see them in person.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Horse head - think I will pass. :)
Seems to be a lot of the worn/aged look out there. Thanks for sharing your buying trip.

Debby said...

Love the chest with all the drawers. Love the Airstream chest. My mom and brother worked for Airstream.
I know, we didn't take any pictures of "us". I have a blurry one of Murphy.
It was fun.

Deserae said...

Some great items.....it would be hard to pick and choose!!! LOL
~Des

ann said...

You have a very fun job.

A Proverbs 31 Wife said...

All I could see were the books behind the trophies and I wondered what they were :)
Those rippled glass pictures are really cool, that is something I would love to have!

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

This was fun Sue, seeing what's at market and what bloggers are showing. I have been finding and buying metal and tin ware on my hunts and sold several pieces yesterday. What fun! Me....I am not looking for metal for my own home but a mirrored piece of furniture. My neighbor found a gorgeous piece at a Jesus store...I was jealous! :)

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

I love that piece with all the tiny drawers, and you're right, it would be great for a big tv. Those pictures with the wavy glass are so cool. laurie