Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow….

cousin itt

While walking through the lobby of one of the outlying showrooms at market, we came upon  a replica of “Cousin Itt,” from the television show, The Addams Family. You remember him, don’t you? I couldn’t fathom why he was on display, so we stopped to read the poster that was next to him. Read the information below and find out why most of us are clean-shaven people!

 

.part1

.part2

Hair removal is obviously a very personal thing. I, for one, cannot go a day without shaving my legs. I just don’t feel clean if they’re not smooth.  Same thing goes for the armpits!  As for men, I prefer a smooth, clean-shaven face. Even the slightest bit of stubble is not conducive to kissing and snuggling, IMHO. I don’t like a hairy chest, either. Thank goodness my guy isn’t hairy. If he was, he’d be going to the esthetician for a wax job!  I watched Grey’s Anatomy last week and saw a clean-shaven Dr. McDreamy. I was rather surprised by the fact that I thought he actually looked better with a little scruffy facial hair growth, like he’s been sporting in previous seasons. But then, I’m not the one snuggling up to him!

So what’s your stance on keeping the hair off or on?  Inquiring minds want to know!

14 comments:

Jemsmom said...

I notoriously have scratchy legs!! I am so bad! I have been better here in Charleston as my legs are out a lot more, but I am afraid I may fall back to my old ways once we move to cold climes!!! I like my husband clean shaven and thankfully he isn't hairy. Crazy though I love when he grows a goatee. I think it looks so sexy!!!

Barbara F. said...

I have been waxing for so long, mosthas not grown back! I don't have to shave legs, my problem is eyebrows. They constantly grow in and I have to have them waxed every few weeks. I hate tweezing.

NanaDiana said...

I don't like hairy men either. That being said MyHero sports a neatly trimmed beard. He had brain surgery back in the early 90's and it left one side of his face slightly slack. With the beard it is not noticeable...clean shaven it is very obvious. I like clean shaven legs and pits, too! xo Diana

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I prefer clean shaven on a man, too and wish my man wasn't hairy on his chest and back. I wish he would get waxed, but no way. He says a real man is hairy! Oh really?

middle child said...

I love hair. Every where except a woman's armpits and legs. Men? Hair everywhere. YES! I even like arm hair on a woman and I think it's sexy when there's that little trail of hair from the navel on down.

middle child said...

BTW - When I was younger and watched this show on TV, I would flip my long hair over in front of my face and put my glasses on in imitation of Cousin It.

Jill Elaine said...

I like a little scruff now and then on my man. But he likes to be clean shaven - daily! He doesn't even miss Saturday!

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Hey, I am married to an Italian! He has just the righ amount of hair I think. I like a little facial hair in him too. He shaved his moustache off a few years ago and when I went to kiss him it just didn't feel right so I made him grow it back. I am the same as you with my own personal grooming. And why are we talking about body hair? ~Hugs, Patti

A Proverbs 31 Wife said...

I don't mind hair on a guy as long as he don't look like a bear :) I do wish hubby would shave more than once a week though- his prickles hurt!
I am always fighting "my hair" though :( the scratchy legs don't bother me near as much as the "girl-stach" that get waxed.

Deserae said...

Did you notice in that episode that in one scene he was clean shaven and in the next he was not!!!! I pointed it out to my husband and we both had a good laugh. I guess whoever was suppose to be in charge of editing was on vacation that episode?!?!? LOL
~Des

Kathleen said...

Ok, I am all caught up here! So yiu are like the people who go To Costco at luch time for all the free samples! If they are lucky it won't just be edame! :(

Thanks for the Hair Share! Lol, so much useful info here!

I like that ceramic table. I am afraid it would not last long with 4 gkids, and then the yelling would be hair raising!

Glad you had a good trip!

✿ⒹⒺⒺ✿@ A Lapin Life said...

lol No hair please. I like to feel soft and silky. As for my husband he does not have a hairy chest. Thank goodness. :)

Dee

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

Off. Definitely off. I don't like facial hair, and since my hubby isn't a hairy guy anyway, that suits me just fine. :)

xinex said...

I think hairy men are gross. My granddaughter gets a kick out of the "Hairy Chest contest" when we are on cruises, lol. I don't shave my legs because I don't have any hair there, lol. Interesting article....Christine