Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Busy and Off to the Market….

I’ve been absent from the blogging world for a few weeks- life is just busy and it’s going to get even busier. The garden and the lawn need constant attention, several decorating projects are in the works, and my own painting needs to be addressed….. Why does it seem that there is never enough time?!  I was lucky to get my taxes mailed out on April 14th!

I’m also getting ready to go to the International Home Furnishings Market in North Carolina this weekend! Can’t wait to see all the new introductions to the lines we carry, as well as to look for new companies that can serve our needs.  It’s so much fun to search the many buildings and showrooms for inspiration. Tiring, yes- but still a lot of fun!  The photos below were pulled from the market directory.

 

hp3

I’m liking the lamp- the industrial look is still a hot item for this market.

 

 

 

hp1

These two colors were high up on the Pantone color list.  So bright and happy!  Don’t you like the company name?

 

 

hp2

This company looks to have some cool pillows, so it’s definitely on my list as a must-see.  Interhall takes up the entire lower level of the main building and houses so many innovative companies. My plan is to see this floor on the first day, instead of waiting for the end of the trip, as I usually do. Never  hurts to change up a routine!

 

 

hp4

Even though we don’t carry the line, Tara Shaw’s space is another space I always stop to see.

 

 

 

hp5

 Market Square is always a great source for companies that carry accessories.

 

                                                                                                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, I know the diet will surely get blown this weekend- nearly every showroom has food and drinks, including the hard stuff.  Many of the larger companies even serve a full breakfast and lunch.

There is even a complimentary Happy Hour in the hallways starting around 5 PM.  

We always schedule our lunchtime appointments around the companies who have the best food!  What does that say about our eating habits? There is one accessory company that hires a catering company from Texas for some good ol’ barbeque.  We’ll be eating lunch there on Saturday. LOL      See ya when I get back. Hope I don’t weigh in 10 pounds heavier when I return!

 

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                                                                                                      Linked to:

                                                                                                                                                                    wow us wed.

21 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I'm sure you'll have a good time seeing all the new lines and designs, Sue! Safe trip and I'll talk to you when you get back!

Olive Cooper said...

I had missed you. It has been a busy spring here too in our yard and garden and we got a puppy. I would have a ball at the furniture show. Do have fun and pace yourself dear Sue.

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Oooh! What fun, Sue! Enjoy!...hugs...Debbie

PAT said...

I know you are going to enjoy! Bring home lots of photos, plz.:-)

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Sounds like you have a fun trip ahead!! Eat some good food for me also. No hard stuff during the day tho - maybe a glass of wine. I'll wait til Happy Hour. :-D
Looking forward to hearing all about your trip. Take lots of pictures and makes lots of notes to tell us all about your trip.

Scribbler said...

Have a little TX BBQ for me!

Pam said...

Have a great time! I'm surprised they have food at it, you'd think they would be paranoid you'd get drunk and trip over an ottoman and drop your lunch on their sofa (not you, just people in general). Take lots of photos for us!

Barbara F. said...

Have a great time, can't wait to see what you've bought! xo

Jemsmom said...

Have a great time Sue! I can't wait for you to come back and show us all the goodies!

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Sounds like so much fun Sue! We just got back from South Carolina last week and it is beautiful! I would take advantage of the food offerings and live it up! Have fun!~Hugs, Patti

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Ahhhh...sounds like a FUN and BUSY trip Sue.

Blessings,
Linda

Jo said...

Have fun and I look forward to your post after you get back...and I agree there are not enough hrs in a day

Debbiedoo's said...

Have a great trip Sue! Sounds like fun.

Rettabug said...

That has got to be a blast, Sue! How wonderful that your work is something that you enjoy so much. As it should be!!

I love those Interhall pillows!!

Safe travels & TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES!

Hugs,
Rett

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

You lucky girl!! Take lots of pics and have a safe trip!

busanalayali said...

WONDERFUL Post.thanks for share..

toko baju muslim

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

I am jealous!! Sounds like so much fun....all that inspiration.....and FOOD!!

Have fun!

Lou Cinda

✿ⒹⒺⒺ✿@ A Lapin Life said...

Hi Sue,

Have a wonderful time. I can't wait to see what else is new.

Dee

Balisha said...

I'm not planning on making many changes in my home, but I love to see the new things that are out there.I like to keep current. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you are seeing. Take lots of pictures and have a wonderful time. If you gain a few lbs...just remember that it is time to garden and the lbs will disappear quickly.
Balisha

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Beautiful pillows but look very expensive! :) After the $350. pillows I saw last Sunday I have become suspicious of gorgeous pillows!:)

busanalayali said...

WONDERFUL Post.thanks for share..

toko baju muslim