Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

Bright Colors and Simple Finishes As Inspiration

 

I’m back to show a little more inspiration from the furniture market last week. Some of you have asked what the color theme was this spring and basically it is just plain colorful!  Lots of tangerine, chartreuse, fuschia, turquoise…..    We weren’t in many furniture showrooms this trip, so I have very few pictures of any upholstered goods. But trust me, the Pantone colors were everywhere! 

bright colors

 

chartreuse sectional

This contemporary sectional was in the Basset showroom- what a great company with a quality product.  Just look at the gorgeous chartreuse accented with blue pillows.  Maybe not everyone’s cup of tea, but I really enjoyed seeing the bright color.

 

sectional 2

 

 

 

wall unit

I saw some wonderful case goods in the showroom, too. Here’s the piece I would love to have in my own study. Barrister bookshelves, drawers, and lots of cubbies supply needed storage. A pull-out drawer is the perfect place to do your paperwork or use your laptop. Note the built-in clock and the key holder.

 

farm table

The sales rep was very excited about the new finish in the line. This farm table is sporting it- it’s a look-alike chalk paint finish!

 

paint finish 1

 

This grouping in the line was not given the typical, flawless furniture finish; instead the finish was done to mimic a DIY paint job. You can see brush strokes and the uneven finish in the grooves. Do you think the company big whigs read blogs for inspiration?

 

 

paint finish 2

 

                                                                                                                                          ~~~~~~~

I’ll be back with more accessory photos tomorrow. I saw some great accent pieces made from reclaimed wood, as well as some cool lighting fixtures.  I’m off to pot some plants that I got at the nursery before they croak in the heat. Yes, we’re back up in the high 70’s again! But who knows what tomorrow will bring? Gotta get the work done while I can.

 

 

Linking to: '

6754285705_f5d8c59e57_m

19 comments:

Salmagundi said...

What will they think of next by copying DYI finishes? Are they hard up for original ideas? Looking forward to the reclaimed wood accents. Sally

Blondie's Journal said...

I love these pieces. If I were young and single or just newly married...I would love the bright yellow sectional. The beautiful bookcases I could see in my my more mature years with a life time of books on them. I guess there is a season for everything! :)

XO,
Jane

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I love that bookcase, Sue! What a great looking piece. Love the table, too. A DIY finish, huh? I wonder what they charge for that.

I got some plants earlier today, too. I overbought. I go either way ~ I either don't buy enough or buy too much!

NanaDiana said...

LOL- They are copying the best of the DIY world. Those bright pops of color would be wonderful in a loft apartment somewhere. xo Diana

Mary Ellen said...

The book case is beautiful! I guess I will always be one for a more classic look.

The colors are fun this year and think it would be fun to try them in small doses.

bee blessed
mary

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Sue, I like these colors in accessories but I think I would get tired of upholstered pieces in all these bright colors.
xo, Sherry

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Love the bookcase piece !!!! No place to put it,but want it anyway! :-D
Yes - I suspect blogs are scanned constantly for ideas, etc. Thanks so much for sharing your shopping trip with us. Have a great week.

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

I cannot imagine the inspiration you get from there! I would come home and redoubt my house every year! Lol

I will be back for accessories!

Lou Cinda

The Magical Christmas Wreath Company said...

Thanks for the visit over at our blog Sue.
I'm all joined and following here look forward to following your adventures.
Paul

Sandy said...

Many of the magazines I read say color is back. For me personally, I think my next couches and chairs will be in a neutral color and my accessories will be colorful. Love the color of the sectional but I would probably get really tired of it quickly. Hope your plants are holding on.

Shari @ turnstylevogue.com said...

Thanks for the pictures. I love seeing the table with the "flaws" and brush strokes! Yes..I am 100% certain they read blogs to see what people want and are doing. I have seen so many home decor stores, even PB, come out with versions of what people have been doing for months. I would love to have that person's job.. :) Have a great day!

Pam said...

If I were young and had the money I would grab that bright sectional. It really speaks to my 25 year old self. Now I tend to buy my furniture in a more neutral tone so I can change up the look with accessories. I know, old and boring.

Bunny Jean said...

Hi Sue!

I was wondering why I saw so much Kelly green lately. I guess I missed the memo.

I noticed that Bassett has really upgraded over tha last five years or so. I was just amazed when I visited a showroom, and their catalog look almost identical to the Ethan Allen one I was so familiar with. Almost got a nice tight back sectional (hard to find)from them but the seats were not deep enough for my DH.

I bet you are having lots of fun viewing all the new styles. Don't work too hard!

xoxo Bunny Jean

French Hen Farm said...

thanks for sharing! I would LOVE that bookcase! but no where to put it!
Love the color! It looks so fresh!
Have a great week!

farmlady said...

That piece of furniture in the third photo is wonderful. It's what I need in my living room. Look at all the places for things. WOW!
I think that if the "company bigwigs" aren't looking at blogs they are missing out on some innovative and creative ideas... especially blogs like yours.

Sharon @ mrshinesclass said...

I'm amazed that they now have a paint finish to mimic diy. Wow! And that office bookcase is just exquisite. I'd love to have something like that. The clock and key holder are really innovative. Thank you for sharing the latest design trends with us at Show & Tell!

Sharon @ mrs. hines class

PAT said...

I am excited to see the color, Sue! The farmhouse table and chairs are beautiful and I love that finish.

A Proverbs 31 Wife said...

Wow! That case is to die for!
As if I needed another book case or writing area lol.

✿ⒹⒺⒺ✿@ A Lapin Life said...

Hi Sue,

I loved seeing the bright sofa. The setup reminds me of the late 60's early 70's. The only thing that was missing was a peace not war pillow :)

I loved the painted table and chairs. You can bet the designers are looking at the blogs.

Dee