Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

Spring Time Under Glass

Spring is on its way and that means spring cleaning and decorating and cloches! Well, the cleaning will have to wait until later, since the decorating had to get done while I was getting a little inspiration. We seem to love seeing things under glass, don’t we? It just makes them look more special.  I unpacked several boxes of my spring and Easter decorations so I could incorporate a little spring into our home. The weather keeps playing havoc and we seem to be in limbo between seasons. One day it is 68º and the next day it is in the 40’s. Today. it’s rainy and gloomy- so this is a nice “pick-me-up” for trying to make it seem more spring-like.

The first vignette I created was for the round table in the great room.  I keep the decor fairly simple throughout the year, making just a few seasonal changes.

spring table 3-12

I used one of my larger cloches to top a moss covered tray topped with an old bedspring and a little black bird.

 

 

 

 

burlap table

I turned on the lamp for this shot- it’s a bit warmer, but the light makes everything look a little yellow….

 

 

bedspring and bird 2

Strips of sheet music serve as the bird’s nesting material.

 

bedspring and bird cloche

I placed some resin mushrooms at the spring’s base and added a small piece of molding and an old lock. I think the lock looks a little more special surrounded by a small metal frame.

 

mushrooms

The mushrooms looks as if they are growing right out from the moss. If the temperatures hold steady here in SW Ohio, the mushrooms in the front yard should be making their appearance soon, as well.

 

closeup spring cloche

 

 

 

blue egg

For a pop of color on this otherwise neutral tabletop, I used a egg shaped wax candle decorated with fun polka dots.

 

 

bakers rack

This baker’s rack is directly behind the round table and it got a couple of seasonal changes on its top shelf. To gain some perspective, check out the middle of the shelf. See those little bitty pops of color?

 

 

jelly beans cloches

They’re teeny tiny cloches filled with Starburst tropical fruit flavored jelly beans-  my most favorite jelly beans ever!

 

 

duckie cloche

On the other side of the jelly beans is this small cloche filled with some package fill and a sweet yellow duckie.

 

duck 2

 

 

 

 

end table with cloche

The end table got “Easter-fied” with a basket carrying bunny and an egg-filled cloche.

 

 

table 2

I filled a wooden box with some fresh smelling moss, a dried hydrangea sprig, and a piece of decorative tile.

 

 

closeup table

The bottle tree is decorated with pink and green balls and it coordinates well with the hydrangea and the moss. So springy and fresh!

 

bunny 3

 

 

 

egg filled collar

I filled this old shirt collar with colored wooden eggs. I was inspired by my friend Jean, who filled one of her collars with Christmas ornaments.  Again, I used package fill as a base for the cloche. It certainly fills the bill for a multitude of things besides a gift box.

 

 

frame and etching

In case you missing seeing this spring cloche in a recent post about the antique set of scales I purchased, I’ll show it once again.  I used some greenery and shells under the dome and balanced off the other side of the scale with some old books tied up with waxed twine.

 

 

shell

I also used a small brass key to introduce a touch of metal. You can see the rest of that post HERE.

                                                                                                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~

I’ll slowly be adding more spring décor as I can. This house MUST be cleaned before I can go any further and I still need to make a trip to the nursery to pick up some pussy willow branches. I have plans to force them into blooming and place them on the mantel. And then there’s all that cooking I need to do for our St. Patrick’s Day celebration on Saturday.  Hope I get organized- too bad we lost an hour for DST on Sunday!

 

 

irish wish

 

 

 

 

                                                                               

Linking to

     Cloche Party                  knick of time ticket

39 comments:

Bunny Jean said...

Hi Sue!

Love all the cloches. I have one like yours... with the little duck in it. I was just going to hand an egg in mine.

xoxo Bunny Jean

At The Picket Fence said...

It all looks so lovely Sue! You've definitely captured the essence of Spring under glass. :-)
Vanessa

Susan said...

Your spring time under glass is very pretty! Love your vignettes!

NanaDiana said...

I love that you have captured SPRING under glass! LOVE IT! Your little duck is just adorable, too. You have done a great job on all your cloches, big and small. The one with the jelly beans is really cute~ xo diana

Jo said...

Looks like you are ready for Spring and Easter..love the mini cloches

Gail said...

Sue you have done a beautiful capturing Spring! I love it all!! Thanks for all the inspiration, Gail

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

Sue, those tiny cloches are just the cutest things! I love all of your beautiful cloche displays. Shoot! I guess I've missed Marty's cloche party. laurie

Blondie's Journal said...

Your cloches definitely say spring! I love the little bird on the shredded music paper! The mushrooms are cool! All of your spring touches are so pretty in your vignettes!

Happy Week, Sue!

XO,
Jane

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Sue, Everything is beautiful! I love all your Spring touches.
Hugs, Sherry

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh I so love them all. The cloche on your fabulous scales is so dramatic and elegant looking. I also love all the candy and the bunny, chicks and all of your jars. I think my favorite is the one with the spring elevating the chick in your first pic. Using a few bits of antique trivia and displaying it so creatively. Gorgeous. Thanks so much for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

Debbiedoo's said...

You have a fabulous display of cloches Sue. Love them! Happy Spring, and I will be nice and not say what you taught me:)

Glenda/MidSouth said...

You are ready for Spring - Pretty!
I messed up and missed the party. :(

✿ⒹⒺⒺ✿@ A Lapin Life said...

Beautiful cloches! My favorite is the one on the scale.

Dee

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Love the bird sitting on the spring with the nesting material-cute:@)

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

You did a beautiful job, Sue! I love every single one! Is one of the little ones what we saw the other day? Love the mushrooms; I don't think I've seen anything like that before. Very unique!

Barb @ GritsandGlamour said...

Oh I just love all of these cloches. But, my fave thing is the strips of sheet music as the nesting. That absolutely stole my heart. I also love the old bed spring. One of the most unusual things I have seen used. A+ for creativity. Thanks for joining in the start of our Egg-xellent Spring Party. I hope you can make some of the other events. Blessings, Barb

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Sue they all look beautiful! I LOVE LOVE that vignette on the table near your stairs!

Shelia said...

Hi Sue! OH, you have so many pretty cloches and you've certainly made them all look stunning! Look at your teeny little one with the jelly beans! :)
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Jill Elaine said...

I like the bedspring idea! very cool. i also love those mushrooms. I need some of those:)

xinex said...

You have so many nice displays in your cloches, Sue. Love them, they are so different, love the industrial and rustic displays. I think I got my plate rack from HG in Houston....Christine

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

Oooh! You had me at "bedspring"! Love that one!
You've made some really cute displays.

Yummilicious At Chubby Chieque said...

Hi Sue,
You have one great collection of clochés.

I love every detail and piece. TY for sharing the Spring inspiration.

Blessings,
/CC

Yummilicious At Chubby Chieque said...

Sue,
Pls help!!! I thought I already disabled it.

I been to Settings "Post & Comment" and disabled the verification.

If you can be a help, I really appreciate it. I don't like word verification, either.

Thank you for letting me know (again).

/CC

Yummilicious At Chubby Chieque said...

Million thanks Sue...

Would you mind to email to:
simchie1@yahoo.com or to my work mail
richie.nicolaisen@seb.se

Yes, am using the new blogger. I guess, I will change to old one, then.

Hugs,
/CC

Bonnie said...

So many interesting and darling cloches. I enjoyed your post.

Babs said...

Sue, I love your cloches because you always have the most unusual and interesting collection of things in them. I like the "symbolism" of the bird and the Spring, etc.
Oh, love the mini cloches with the jelly beans, too.

eileeninmd said...

Lovely spring cloches! The birds nest is my favorite, very cute.

THE FARMHOUSE PORCH said...

Soo pretty! I love the cloe up of the bird with the shredded paper!
Thank you so much for linking this up with us at the "Cowgirl Up!" Linky party.
Have a wonderful day!
♥Linsey

Priscilla said...

As your newest follower, I wanted to tell you how clever your use of cloches is. I've several and now I am challenged to use them to better advantage. Thanks.

Olive Cooper said...

Sue, your talent at layering cloches is delightful. I love the greenery. hugs, olive

Sandy said...

Hello,

I just popped over to visit from a Cultivated Nest. Wow! love your photos and love your style! I love cloches, skeleton keys, locks and vintage scales. Just starting to collect vintage scales and try to decide where to incorporate them. I'm in the process of getting some spring decor out too. I also need to purge some items and do some major spring cleaning.

I'm following along now.

~Sandy

Sandy said...

Hi Sue!

Thanks so much for helping me out with the "no reply -comment blogger" situation. I really appreciate your kindness and willingness to help a relatively new blogger!

Thanks a bunch! Okay let's see if I'm still a no reply comment blogger because I definitely would love to get replies!

Hugs,

Sandy

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

These are all so pretty! I especially love the bird with his nest on the spring! LOVE that! And the old lock! I have a thing for old locks....go figure!

Gorgeous!

Lou Cinda

Pat said...

With one thing and another I missed this one, Sue! Gorgeous vignettes, all!

Rettabug said...

Oh how I ♥♥♥ those teeny tiny cloches, Sue!! And all the bigger ones, too!
Wonderfully different collectables tucked inside just draw you in for a closer look.
Did you see my tip about using our shredders to cut up leftover tissue paper from gifts into narrow strips for fill? Works great unless you have one of those cross-cut shredders. LOL

Thank you again for your help this weekend.
Hugs,
Rett

Rettabug said...

p.s. I love that I can now follow your blog via EMAIL!! I was missing so much before.

Carrie @ lovely etc. said...

They look so cute - and make me so ready for spring. Thanks for linking up to That's The Ticket.

Shannon said...

Great ideas~love that teeny glass cloche & your use of the spring. Thanks for linking up to our blog hop party! Now following you.

Shannon said...

Hi! Me again, I wanted to let you know I featured your post on my That's the Ticket blog hop post today.

Please stop by and grab a button!