Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Clipix- Another Alternative To Saving Photos, Articles, and Tutorials from the Internet

 

Are you like me and enjoy saving many of the photos, inspirational ideas, articles, and tutorials that you find on the internet? Do you hate having to search for things more than once because you forgot where you saw these things and don’t remember where? One way for you to save and maintain these items is to use an organizational tool like a bookmarking program. Some of you may even be using the popular pinning site, Pinterest, for saving the photos you like. I, myself, use Pinterest; but one complaint I have with the site is that everyone has access to my pins during a search, since Pinterest doesn’t offer a privacy setting to its members. 

Enter Clipix, which provides several options that other sites just don’t offer. Clipix is free and very user friendly and it offers us the ability to save things that we have found on the web and categorize them any way we’d like. You use a “clip” button that can be added to your taskbar so you can organize your clips onto your Clipix account. On Clipix, you can keep your clipboards private, if you so desire. This is a big plus to me- I like having a boards that no one else can see- I can save things in a board where I don’t give others a heads-up as to what I have planned for a future project and I can have a private “gift board” where others won’t see what I might have in mind for them as a birthday or holiday gift.

One other feature that I think is so awesome is the capability to save articles and sites that are text-based. You can even upload documents from your computer!  You are definitely not limited to saving only photos! And of course, you have the privacy option for your boards!  So check out the video above and see what Clipix is all about. I think you might discover that you like its features. It’s definitely NOT ‘just another Pinterest!’

 

*  Disclaimer:  I am in no way being compensated for promoting Clipix. The information above reflects my own opinions about the site and I am merely providing you with information something that I have found to be helpful to me. * 

Linked to:

Inspiration Friday Graphic1_thumb[2]

My entry to At The Picket Fence's  Inspiration Friday sponsored by Appliances Online and the Beko Fridge Freezers”.

13 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Thanks for the info. I bookmarked this and will go back and take another look. I am still holding off from pinterest, but did some snooping around and found some of my photos out there.
Enjoy your evening

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I'll have to check that out, Sue! I would like the option for a private board. Sometimes I'm just pinning ideas for rooms {like my granddaughter's room} and I'm not really thinking about the share factor. I'm just trying to keep them all in one place so I remember them! Just saw your Pinterest button and have followed along.

Found a great spot for my bunny! I emptied out a dome clock cloche I have in the living room and put him in there with a few little eggs. He's very happy! : )

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I will have to check this out. Thanks for the info, Sue.

momto8 said...

Thank you again!! This is good information to know.
Happy Thursday!

Cozy Little House said...

I haven't heard of this one. Will have to check it out.
Brenda

Kathleen said...

I linked your info about no reply and word id.
Did you notice anyone coming?
Scribbler has a good post about Pinterest and legal issues. Take a look.

Gail said...

Great info Sue! I will definitely be checking it out. Hope you have a wonderful day, Gail

Pat said...

I'll have a look at this Sue.

Thanks!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

I'll check it out. Have heard of it before and it sounds good!

Lori E said...

Just signed up for this. Too tired right now to try it but I really would love an online organizer and not just a list of sites. I have bookmarked over 200 genealogy sites alone and they are so mixed up it is hard to find what I am looking for when I need it.
Thanks for the tip Ethel.

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

I have an Inspiration online photo album where I download favorite photos from blogs on Web Shots, which is free, and I am the only one who has access to it unless I chose to let a few friends have access to it which I have. I have all my tutorials saved on AOL so photos and tutorails are not taking up any space on my own computer...

Hugs,
Deb

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

Oh this does sound great! I'm going to definitely check this out. How do you come up with this great stuff? laurie

Sandy said...

Hi Sue,

I found your artilce! Thanks for suggesting this. What a great idea. Pinterest should have a private feature. I'll check this out.