Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

An Alternative to Google Friend Connect

 

My good friends from At The Picket Fence turned me on to this alternative to Google Friend Connect, which will no longer be available to non-Google blogs as of March 1. After reading about this new service being brought to us by Brent of Linky Tools, I signed right up.  That was, of course, after I signed up to follow along with Vanessa and Heather on their Linky Follows List. Now, I’m still using GFC, since I’m on Blogger, but I think it’s a great additional tool to have loaded, because who knows if GFC will go away for us down the road, as well!

             LinkyFollowersLogo1

             LINKY FOLLOWERS  (www.linkyfollowers.com)

                                         

 

 

There are some fun options that Brent has included in this free service to us. We can opt to group blogs by Favorites, General, and even Custom Groups.  You can even create a blog roll that includes blogs that don’t have Linky FollowersWhen Google Friend Connect goes away for you non-Blogger platform bloggers, you don’t want to lose your followers, do you?  Well, don’t take a chance on that happening.

Non-Blogger users will be unable to transfer people from their GFC followers and will lose all of their Google Friend Connect friends. Sign up for Linky Followers now and give your followers have the option to follow you this way.

Also, do you know how many of your followers aren’t linked to Blogger?  Why not offer them another alternative?

And an added FYI-  Linky Followers won’t ask you or your followers to sign up for any un-needed or un-wanted service, either. I hate when things are tied in to Facebook, or Twitter, or anything else!

.

linky followers 2

                                                                                                                  click picture for more information

Click on the link above to check out Brent’s service.  but before you go, won’t you please sign up to follow me in the new widget on my sidebar?  It’s located directly above the GFC widget.  And if you have any questions regarding this new service, please let me know your concerns and I’ll be happy to try and answer your questions. 

Thanks so much.

28 comments:

Honey at 2805 said...

I really like the way it works!

Gail said...

I'm following. I need to add it to my blog. I was wondering Sue did you get your blog list resolved? I'm still not able to add to my blog list. Have a wonderful evening, Gail

Karen said...

Well, I only wish I could understand what I know must be very important information, but I'm just amazed that I have been able to blog at all. I'm just not that blog-literate!
BUT, what I can tell you is that your music is captivating! To have music on a blog or not has been probably my #1 question when blogging. Some people may think it is distracting.. or they just don't have the same taste in tunes. I guess I blog for myself because I use music that I enjoy. Your music is wonderful and I have jotted down some names so I may use some of the same. So now I've gone off on a tangent, but oh well... just had to say!
I'm enjoying your blog so maybe someday I'll understand what you are trying to teach us! Thanks!!
Karen
Ladybug Creek

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Thanks for the info. I will check it out, as some have where you have to join facebook or twitter to follow once they lose GFC, and at this point I really don't want to join either of those.

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

I am following...but how do I add it to my blog??

Sue said...

Ceekay, I hope you see this! shoot me an e-mail. You are a no-reply blogger. I just e-mailed you instructions and then realized you would never get them!

Jill Elaine said...

Thank you so much for this! I've been looking for a replacement for GFC. I will be moving my blog to wordpress at some point this year and I don't like the idea of not having GFC. So happy you posted this! I've got my linky account and I'm followin' you!

cherry said...

Thank you for stopping by and for the sweet comment.. I have the Linky Followers up now and would love for you to stop back by and follow..
hugs from Savannah, Cherry

Stuff and Nonsense said...

i'm following you
the new way

i sure hope it catches on!

alison

At The Picket Fence said...

Thanks for helping spread the word Sue! Your post was awesome! You're the best. :)

Heather

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Sue,
I have it up and running on my blog and I'm now following you.

Blessings,
Linda

Katherines Corner said...

I am your newest linky follower xo

Pieced Pastimes said...

I have started following you via the new Linky Followers and hope you have a chance to stop by and perhaps become a follower on mine as well. Have a nice day. BTW - Love your music!

Pat said...

Okey dokey...I did it and added one to my sidebar. Hope it works as I am not a techy, no way no how.

Thanks for the info Sue!

Deserae said...

Uh oh, I was not aware of this! Guess I'd better get with the program huh?!?!?! LOL
Have a great weekend!
~Des

Jo said...

I joined!

Beverly said...

Thanks, Susan. I just added this to my blog.

thistlewoodfarm said...

I just followed you and set up my own linky! Thanks for the inspiration!

blessings,
karianne

Pat said...

WooHoo...I think I have finally got it figured out.

Thanks so much for your help, Sue.

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Sue, thanks for the info. I'm following you on Linky Followers. Would you mind following me too?
Thanks, Betsy

Rettabug said...

Sue, I was completely unaware of this so I thank you for the info.
I just signed up & am now following you via Linky. I'm off to put one up on my blog, too.

Thanks a bunch & I like your newest domino table top stuff. :-)

Rettabug said...

Sue, I found most of my cute cupcake liners at Michaels, in the dollar bin. They are by Mary Englebreit & I got a TON of cute blank cards to use for thank you or get well notes, too.

Thanks for being my first Linky follower! I think I'll go over to each one of your ladies & follow them, too, just so they are not lonely.

Betsy said...

I'm good to go now. Following along with you in the new Linky Tool. Thanks for all the information.

Kim @ Cheap Chic Home said...

Hi Sue, I'm following you. Are you getting tired of all of these following gadgets? I'm tempted to leave them all behind... :)

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Okay, I signed up and I'm following! I have no idea what this is for sure until I really sit down and research it but it's gotta be good if you are on it!! I had no idea that blogger might go away... have I been in the cave too long? LOL

Love you Sue & big hugs to you! Sherry

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Didn't know about this and may do it. I think all of the "followers" will just be added to your google reader. So you won't be able to see the blogs you follow in your dashboard you'll have to click on go to Google reader. At least I think that's what will happen. I wish they'd be clearer about the whole thing!

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Great post Sue! Following you on Linky too! I agree, I don't like it when things are tied to facebook, etc...

Dree Getz said...

I'm a follower from the Linky Follower Blog hop! I hope you'll follow me back!
http://dreesthings.blogspot.com/2012/02/linky-follower-party-hop.html