Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2011

A Welcoming Entryway

 

 

.

buffet

I was warmed by this sight as I walked through the foyer tonight. The brown and gold tree was gleaming brightly and the buffet and staircase were both highlighted and shadowed by the lighting from the lamp and chandelier. Today’s weather was rainy, dreary, and dark, so I turned the lights on earlier this morning. I simply I forgot about them and didn’t turn them off when I left the house. The tree lights came on with a timer, so the hall was certainly bright  when I arrived home.

 

 

 

 

angel

The buffet looks very similar to what it looked like last Christmas. Once again, my ceramic angel was set on top of some old books.

 

 

 

 

.

filled ornaments

At the base of the books are three glass ball ornaments that I glued to some small mirrors and filled with greenery and berries. This, too, is an almost identical look to last year. Funny, I was looking through the Better Homes and Gardens website last week and I saw that this very idea had been used by one of their designers. 

 

 

 

 

 

glove mold 2

The glove mold was a purchase at this year’s French Hen fall barn sale. Love that I can write messages on it with chalk.

 

 

 

acorn and snow

A small silver tray holds more fresh greenery, a glittered glass acorn, and some faux snow.

 

 

 

angel child

The glittery angel child was a French Hen purchase from last year.

 

 

staircase

I found a great local source for boxwood wreaths back in the spring when some of the Ohio bloggers met for shopping and lunch in Tipp City. The seller, Wendy Lavy, was at the farmers market a few weeks ago and I brought three of them to hang off of the bannister.  She had some beautiful magnolia wreaths for sale and I think I’ll be buying at least one for next Christmas. If you are local to the Dayton area, pay a visit to her website.

I have one more vignette I hope to share with you before Christmas.  It’s in the great room and I think it is just so sweet. Stay tuned for that soon!

23 comments:

Shelia said...

Hi Sue! Oh, how beautiful! Your home is certainly striking and I love it all Christmased out! Merry Christmas to you and be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

NanaDiana said...

I'll tell you, Sue, that brown and gold tree is just a winner. It is certainly not what you would think of at first...when you think of Christmas colors but I just love the way it glows in your entry way. Beautiful...you did a great job there~ xo Diana

Jo said...

I love the boxwood on the staircase! I am going to look at her site

Jemsmom said...

Your foyer just glows with warmth and beauty. I love the ornaments glued on the mirrors! That is the smartest thing! Is that real greens inside them? Your angel is magnificent and I am still amazed at that snow! I love your vignettes!

Jemsmom said...

I didn't even get to the boxwood wreaths! To die for! So unique and gorgeous!

Sharing with Sherri said...

Love your sweet angels, and the boxwood wreaths are such a beautiful touch against the warm wood finish of your bannister! Love it!!

Sending you big Christmas hugs:)

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Very welcoming indeed Sue! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas-enjoy:@)

Miss Char said...

Sue, your entry looks beautiful. I love each and every one of the elements. I think the boxwoods look fabulous on the banister. Merry Christmas.

JunqueMagnet said...

I didn't even think of using those glove molds as chalkboards until I saw it on a blog. Naturally I have one in my stash! Love that angel. Have a terrific holiday.

Teresa@oursoutherncountryhomeandfarm said...

This would be a welcoming sight to walk in to. Beautiful, and cozy too. Merry Christmas, Sue.

Emreen said...

Wow! how beautiful... !! Love the angels .. The idea of putting greenery inside ornaments is lovely !!

Wish you and your family a Merry Christmas !!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

What a great glow that tree gives off, Sue! I'll bet it made the cloudy/rainy day yesterday seem a little brighter!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Sue, this is a beautiful vignette. I can see why it makes you feel good when you walk in the house.

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Sue! Your home is beautifully decorated for the holidays! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.
Hugs,
Sherry

Andrea said...

Your entry is beautiful! I absolutely love boxwood wreaths!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Beautiful entry Sue! Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

Pam said...

I just love the colors on that tree. Very pretty and dignified for an entryway. I'll check out the wreaths. My niece was looking for one and had the hardest time finding one around here.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

A very pretty, warm sight to come home to. Rain, dark and dreary here also.

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Sue, this is so elegant and beautiful! I love the boxwood wreaths! They are fabulous on your steps! You've given me a great idea with these for my banister! Merry Christmas to you and your family! Your home is lovely!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Sue,
It's all so very pretty...my fav...is those beautiful wreaths on your stairs! Merry Christmas!!

Blessings,
Linda

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Sweet Sue!!!!!!!!! Merry Christmas!

Love, as usual..........everything you do in the decorating department.....everythang looks just loverly. :-)

Big huggies dear one!

xoxox
Spencer

A Hint of Home said...

What a beautiful entryway, Sue!
Everything looks gorgeous at your house!
Merry Christmas!

Babs said...

Sue, Your home is just beautiful and I love the angels on your entry table. Also I love how you decorated the dining room too. That faux snow looks so real. Here's hoping you and your family have the best Christmas ever.
Hugs,
Babs