Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

More Christmas Trees

In addition to yesterday’s post of my holiday trees, here are more photos of some of my other Christmas trees. Now remember, not all of the trees are full-sized. There are some “baby ones” and some miniature ones, too.  So here’s a teeny- tiny one in my kitchen. It has a gingerbread theme- it is the kitchen, after all!  I used to have a 5-foot tree in here, but the base broke and I didn’t have the time to go out and buy another one when I started decorating the trees. So as any good thrifter would do, I improvised and used what I had on hand-  one of two mini trees in urns. Now of course, I couldn’t use all of my ornaments on it, but I put what fit onto it and I think it turned out just fine.

 

tree2

I  placed the tree on a wicker stool next to the black hutch.There will be pics shown of it, soon. It’s all decked out for the holidays, as well.

 

 

 

 

tree

Since the tree is so tiny, all it took was one 9-foot section of red wooden beads as garland. Then I used another gingerbread man garland- it’s simply a few calico stuffed gingerbread guys linked together with ribbon.

 

 

 

 

gingerbread 3

Aren’t they cute? There’s even a little wooden heart separating each one.

.

 

g3

 Here’s a baking gingerbread person wearing an apron and wielding a rolling pin.  You might even be able to catch a glimpse of a gingerbread Santa on the right in the background.

 

 

 

 

gingerbread 4

This guy looks almost good enough to eat!

 

 

 

 

gingerbread 5

Although we no longer have a little doggie, I had to put a representation of our “Dickens” onto the tree. Woof, Woof….

 

 

 

 

gingerbread 7

No gingerbread tree is complete without a little gingerbread house or a candy cane.

 

 

 

 

gingerbread 6

To top the tree, we have our own special little angel to watch over the kitchen.

 

 

g2

Lots of sunshine coming in to wash out the colors, but I think you can still see that this little tree is full of bright and happy Christmas cheer.                                                                                                      

                                                                                                                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Moving onto another little tree, we have my newest addition to Christmas this year. It’s a flocked tabletop tree that I found at my girlfriend’s store down in Waynesville, Ohio. Debbie always has such pretty things in her Peddler Shop. When the husband and I saw this tree a few weeks ago, I knew it had to come home with me. It’s the perfect place to show off some of my mercury glass ornaments.

 

flocked tree 1

This tree went onto the server in the dining room in between the two buffet lamps. Just look at all of that luscious white flocking!  Have to tell you, though- this stuff can be a little messy when it comes off; but I just squish it all back together and place it back onto the tree branches- good as new.   My peacock tree is shining brightly to the left of this little tree. You can see it and two others in this post.

 

mercury glass ornie .

 

 

 

 

feather tree topper

The tree topper sports a shiny ornament and a handful of soft, fluffy feathers~ pure decadence!

 

 

flocked tree 3

I used some frosty looking white beads to give it a little fill. Then I just added in some mercury glass balls and pinecones. Those suckers were a little heavy for these light branches, so I really had to be selective in finding the lightest ornaments. I don’t use conventional tree skirts to hide the tree bases. This is a vintage linen tablecloth that I bunched up.

 

 

flocked tree 2

Some of the miniature balls are pearl-ized, so they were a pretty complement to the stark white of the snowy flocking and the the white vintage balls. I found a box of nine glass balls at a church bazaar last Saturday.  I knew they would be absolutely perfect for this tree. And what a bargain at only $2.00!

.

mercury glass ornie 2

 

 

 glass ball

This tree is the only one out of my eight that does not have lights on it.  I don’t think it needs anything else to glitz it up.                                                                                                                                     

                                                                                                                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 I still have a couple more trees to show, and if I get off my duff and decorate the tree on the landing tonight, I will be finally be done!   Stay tuned.

Edited Dec. 18-   Click here to see the last 4 trees!

 Linking to the following parties this week:

christmas-block-partylggraphic_thumb[1]                           Holiday_Home_Banner_2011_thumb9                                       

             Honey’s Tree Party                                                               Sarah’s Tree Party                                           

   wow-us-wed.6                                      

 

         french-country-cottage6                     inspiration-friday-button[1]         vintage-inspiration-button6       charm-of-home6

 

                       

Elna Sudden   -   Wednesday Showoff

37 comments:

Pat said...

All your trees, large and small, are beautiful Sue!!

The year we were on the house tour we had 18 trees of all sizes. We have two at home this year, and one at the lake. Quite a difference!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love all your gingerbread ornaments, Sue! What a cute tree to have in the kitchen. It looks like the perfect size for it, too!

Jo said...

Love all of them but gingerbread one is adorable!

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

All of your trees are beautiful Sue, but I do love these on this post! The gingerbread tree is so darling ...jammed packed with cuteness and I love a flocked tree and that one with the mercury glass ornaments is stunning! Love it! I always use scrap fabric or table cloths for my skirts too!~Hugs, Patti

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

What a cute kitchen tree Sue, I love all the gingerbread men and I LOVE LOVE the little white snow flocked tree!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

The kitchen tree is too cute and I adore snow covered trees.

Honey at 2805 said...

The gingerman tree is absolutely adorable, and the white one is breathtaking!

Thank you for linking these two lovely trees to The Christmas Tree Party!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Love them both! You have so many pretty ornaments!!! Flocked trees are so pretty. One of my daughters has one this year, but I have not seen it yet.
Enjoy your evening.

farmlady said...

I love the flocked tree. I have always wanted one but I always end up with a green one.
Next year I'm going to have BOTH.
I called it the "SUE" tree, in your honor, because you have given me the idea. I love the beautiful ornaments and the white string of pearls.
Beautiful...

Salmagundi said...

The trees are all beautiful -- what an inspiration they all are. I'm lucky to get my two up. How do you do it?? Hope you have time now to rest and enjoy the season. Sally

Michele Smith said...

Beautiful! I love your gingerbread tree, all the gingerbreads are adorable! I have a gingerbread themed tree on my kitchen counter and love looking at it.

Kathleen said...

I just spent the last half hour admiring your trees and mantel. Just amazing! I am tired , can't imagine doing all that! Hope you are having hundreds in to see them!
Great job, Sue!
Merry Christmas!

Phyllis@Around the House said...

love the tiny white flocked tree...sooooo cute....love all your trees and decorations...love all the pictures

Balisha said...

I have enjoyed this little tour of your trees. I do love a tree in the kitchen and the gingerbread theme is a favorite of mine.
Balisha

Town and Country Gals said...

Sue,
your trees are wonderful! What's better in the kitchen then gingerbread! It's my favorite, don't have a gingerbread "tree" but do have gingerbread decorations in my kitchen, posted yesterday. Merry Christmas!
Rebecca

Olive Cooper said...

Wow, Sue your trees are something serious as my daughter would say. Love the gingerbread tree for the kitchen and the flocked one is precious. ♥O

Carol in GJ said...

Sue,
Love the photos! Thanks for sharing your creativity and getting me more in the Christmas Spirit!

Carol Storey

Pam said...

I want your flocked tree. If you come home one day and it's missing, you'll know I've been there. Seriously though, I'm going to have to look for one of those.

Aimee said...

The trees are all beautiful! Especially the little white one! That one is a girl's dream tree! I'm your newest follower and would love to have you share the "love" on your next visit!!!

I'm joining 8 bloggers in hosting Blogging Around the Christmas Tree Party and today’s feature is Christmas Scapes at my place! I’d love to have you join up, the party is just beginning!

http://www.itsoverflowing.com/2011/12/christmas-blog-link-party-christmas.html

XO, Aimee from ItsOverflowing.com

Bunny Jean said...

Hi Sue! LOVE all the white and Mercury glass! It is so "frosty" looking.

I hope you can, as you say, 'get off your duff' and get the last few trees finished ;) But why stop there... why not just make it an even dozed! I sure wish I had your energy and ambition :)

Thanks for joining my Christmas Bunny Hop!

xoxo Bunny Jean
Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party!

Anita @ Cedar Hill Ranch said...

Love your gingerbread tree and the new flocked one. My favorite is the white flocked tree, so pretty!!

Doll in the Looking Glass said...

The gingerbread ornaments look good enough to eat -- they are so cute. And the flocked tree is total elegance.

Visiting from the Bunny Hop, Debra

Anne said...

I love that gingerbread tree!

Jemsmom said...

Oh. My. Word. The flocked tree is AMAZING!!! The gingerbread tree is so darn cute, but that flocked tree is just perfect! I love the mercury ornaments and the... all of it!!! You are incredible!

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

Oh, my gosh, Sue...How in the world do you manage to do all this?! They're all so beautiful, and so full! I admire your courage :) Please tell me how you feel when it's time to take it all down. I find it's loads of fun to put stuff out, but when it's time to put it away I wonder what I was thinking :). Kudos to you--they're all beautifully done!

Veronica said...

Sue, I am delighted with all your trees...love the gingerbread one for the kitchen...you have me eyeing up my kitchen to find space for a copy cat one!~!

Veronica
Tassels Twigs and Tastebuds

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Both trees are so pretty! The gingerbread theme is so cute & especially right for a kitchen. Love the white tree. I wanted to have our tree flocked this year at Home Depot but the guys working that night couldn't figure out how to do it! Oh well saved me money:)

Have a wonderful Christmas!

Manuela

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

Sue, that flocked tree is gorgeous with those mercury glass ornaments and the pretty clear with white ornaments. Your gingerbread tree is adorable, but it made me hungry. Some of those do look good enough to eat. I'm off to look at your previous tree post. laurie

Elna said...

Thank you for joining. I makes me happy. You are welcome to grab my button to and I hope you will follow.

Hugs
Elna

janet said...

Ooooooo...love the white flocked tree!!!!!

So beautiful and festive.

janet xox

Katherines Corner said...

Sue they are all so beautiful, elegant and filled with Christmas!! Hoping you have a Happy Weekend! Hugs! P.S. Please stop by and enter my Tis The Season giveaway it ends tomorrow night. If you haven't already done it I invite you to add your lovely blog to my new blog list page too. :-)

Pam @ Frippery said...

Very pretty Sue as usual. I used to do a gingerbread and candy cane tree in the kitchen. I still have all of my ornaments, just didn't go all out this year. Thanks for sharing all of your beautiful decorating. I am taking some time to visit everyone finally! Hugs, Pam

Susan said...

Beautiful trees! I love the gingerbread ornaments! Thank you for the nice comments on our tree!

Susan (Our Country Place)

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Your trees are so pretty. The gingerbread one is adorable, and I love the white one too.

Marianne said...

just found your site today thanks to bless my nest...I am new to blogworld,learning every day..love your christmas trees...you are so creative..I look forward to following you,check out my blog,just starting out,can use advise :)

Sherry said...

Have a very Merry Christmas! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

annewalker said...

Hey, what a wonderful tree you have decorated! i love those gingerbread ornaments. They look so delightful!

Happy Holidays!
Anne Walker
Christmas tree decorating ideas