Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

A Few Of My Christmas Trees

 

I think I am obsessed with putting up multiple Christmas trees! And themed ones, at that.  This year was no different, other than the fact that I never finished putting up the purple and green tree.  It took me so much longer to get organized this year, so I was rushing up until the last minute to get things done today. Now that may not seem a daunting task, but taking three weeks to put up seven trees IS a bit long, wouldn’t you say?   * Edited on Dec. 12 to say that I cannot count~ I actually have eight trees! And I still have one more to go! * So as not to overload you with pictures, I’ll  show you bits and pieces of three of them and show the others in another post real soon.

Let’s start with the tree in the dining room. This tree is slender and wound with about 2000 clear and white lights. It was originally a display tree at the department store where I used to work. Back in those days, artificial trees did not come pre-lit and the “nice” stores had a visual department that decorated them. There were usually about a dozen themed trees and we had to wind the light strands in and out of the branches so you couldn’t see the wires. That was SO time-consuming and was not one of my favorite jobs!   Over the years, some of the light strands have stopped working, but I’ve added in my own clear lights. Last year I got lazy and just placed them the “normal” way- I wasn’t in the mood to spend a couple of hours removing the dead light strands and weaving in the new ones. I call this tree my royal colored peacock tree. I bet you can guess why….

 

peacock tree

 

 

royal colors 1

There are vibrant reds, blues, purples, greens, and gold in the many ornaments and garland on the tree. Can you see the light wires woven around the branches?

 

 

red ornament

 

 

 

 

vintage bear ornament

One exception to the royal colors is this vintage pink glass bear that I found at an estate sale a few years ago.  You can see some of the peacock feathers in the background.

 

 

peacock

This is one of several peacocks living in the tree.

 

 

 

vintage ornament

This is another vintage ornament- it’s a beaded bird cage with a small red bird inside of it.

 

 

feathers

Here’s a larger shot of the peacock feathers.

 

christmas 2009

Couldn’t you just like to reach out and touch this bunch of purple grapes?

 

 

lady bug

The gold ladybug is made out of metal and wire.

 

 

ornament 1

And this guy reminds me of a hot air balloon!

                                                                                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Now for some bling in the sunroom….

silver tree2

The tree in the sunroom is a rustic and rather primitive looking, skinny thing. Originally, I used it for one of my country themed trees; so to dress it up, it got “glammed” with clear beads and lights and lots of silver ornaments.

 

 

silver ornaments

Lots of shiny bling on this tree!

 

 

silver ornaments2

Woven in among the ornaments and bead garland is some shimmering silver wire ribbon.

                                                                                                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Moving on into the study for some ornament overload…..

pink tree

The Pink Tree, as this one is known, is absolutely the most full tree I own. Plus, it is loaded to the hilt with decorations!

.

1

 

 

 

 

 

bells and marble ball

 

 

 

 

carousel horse

This carousel horse ornament glows because it fits on top of a light. The hand painted angel on the pink star is vintage.

 

 

ornaments and ribbon

 

 

 

pink ornaments 3

 

 

 

.

glass ornie

 

 

 

 

pink ornaments 2

 

 

 

 

 

pink tree collage

 

                                                                                                                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

I’ll be back soon to show the remaining trees.  For now, I’m linking to the following parties:

 

christmas-block-partylggraphic_thumb                            Holiday_Home_Banner_2011                                    

   

Honey’s Tree Party      started Dec. 9                        Sarah’s Tree Party    starts Dec. 14              

 

 

wow us wed.                    charm of home          2805               sharethelovebutton (1)

 

 

vintage inspiration button                french country cottage           inspiration friday button         primpbutton2

five days five ways christmas linky party | because every day is different                                  
 

46 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

These are all beautiful, Sue! You can see the time and effort you put into them. The first one ~ the colors are so vibrant! I love the beaded garland you used here. The second ~ oh so sparkly! Love it! And the third, well, I have to say I love the pink.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Sue, what beautiful and very bright trees. I never can seem to get that many lights on. Plus that is the part I hate to do.

At The Picket Fence said...

Oh my goodness Sue! I cannot even imagine how long it took you to do those but they are just spectacular. Especially the pink one! They look absolutely gorgeous and I can't wait to see the rest! :-)
Vanessa

Teresa@oursoutherncountryhomeandfarm said...

WOW! You have certainly been busy. I love the first one, wait, I love the second and third one too! I love that they are so covered with decorations and lights, you can barely see the tree. I'm impressed! Can't wait to see the others.

Sharing with Sherri said...

Sue, I'm soooo impressed! They all look really stunning! So far my fave would have to be the skinny tree in the silver and white:) That was the theme I thought I was going to do on my tree but I had a change of plan!!
Can't wait to see the rest of them... you must be exhausted, and three weeks to do seven trees is not bad at all!!
Hugs:)

Jo said...

WOW I can't even get one up this yr!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Wow! Your trees are so pretty ! You did a great job decorating them. I know what you mean about the lights - I also do the pre-lit trees. I did not put up my big tree this year, instead a 4ft.. But I am enjoying seeing everyone else's beautiful trees. Seven - Wow! I would not even attempt putting that many up.

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

wow, wow, Wow!! You have some beautiful trees...that pink one is amazing!

Terra said...

Splendid, especially the first tree with its peacocks and other birds and the cluster of grapes.

Angela said...

Just WOW!

Mary Ellen said...

Pretty trees Sue! I have a few up at my place too- am trying to get pictures taken- I have a terrible time taking good pictures with all the lights!

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Wow, Sue, you've been a busy girl! I love each tree! The Peacock tree is so chic and stylish! The pink is one of my favorites! I love the glammed up tree! You did an amazing job! Merry Christmas!

lilraggedyangie said...

Wow Sue no wonder it takes 3 weeks! Just gorgeous thanks so much for sharing ! Now I must go decorate my tree now feels extremely inadequate lol have a great week ! hugs lilraggedyangie

Debby said...

Unbelievable. The trees are stunning. So time consuming I can tell. You should be on a Christmas tour of homes for sure.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Sue your trees are all so beautiful!!

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Absolutely love your trees!! I have 17 up of various sizes and shapes!

Hugs,
Debbie from A Debbie-Dabble Christmas

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Oh my goodness Sue! The trees are gorgeous for sure! The pink one is so full of ornaments! Unbelievable! Maybe you should get into that line of business! Hope you are ready for the holidays now. Only 2 weeks away!~Hugs, Patti

Jemsmom said...

Wow. Wow. Double WOW!!! I love them all but the peacock tree is my favorite. I am drawn to those vibrant colors! Be glad Jemma doesn't live near you. She would be swiping all your birds off your tree like she does mine!

thestonerabbit said...

How come you didn't sign up for Pink Saturday with that awesome tree of Pinkness!! Holy Cow, girl, no WONDER it has taken you so long to decorate those trees....they are LOADED with lights and ornies!! I am impressed beyond words! I have just finished my second tree...and while I was cursing the number of baubles and garlands that I put on each, I see now that I have done NOTHING in comparison to you! I bow to your tree greatness!!!!!!! :)

I have struggled getting with the decorating program this year. We are on Grand Baby Alert (any day now for #3 to enter this world)...so I have been busy shopping and getting myself ready to make "the dash" when I get the call! Actually, I am almost finished with my shopping which is a major first for me...I can put that off til the very last minute!! I have a progressive luncheon on Fri, so I hope to get a lot done with decorating and cleaning over the next 4 days....and I really hope the newest wee one will "stay put" for a while longer!! :)

Have a great week!!

L, Dana

Lori E said...

Each on is gorgeous in its own way Ethel.
I like the second one best I think. I don't think I could even find the room to store that many trees let alone put them up.
You really do make them special.

Lori said...

A few wow, someone has been busy. They look wonderful.

Miss Char said...

Sue, your trees are breathtaking, each one of them. I can't imagine getting one a week done if mine where loaded with ornaments like yours. I remember the days well of wiring trees for retain before there were pre-lite trees. Actually when I worked retail by the time we got the store decorated I didn't have the interest or energy to decorate at home.

Your trees are really wonderful, I hope you post more on the others, great eye candy.

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Sue...

Wowzer!!! I can see why it took you three weeks to decorate your trees, my friend! Ohhh my goodness...each one is FABULOUS and soooo very GRAND! They are so lush...chock-full of ornaments and pretties! Your trees are some of the pretties that I've ever seen, Sue! Seriously! You know, I'm pretty much a "traditional Christmas" kind of gal but I have to say that your pretty pink tree is my favorite! I've never seen anything more beautiful!

Thank you so much for sharing your FABULOUS Christmas with us, dear lady!

Warmest Christmas Wishes,
Chari

Becca said...

Sue, your Christmas trees are absolutely phenominal! I'm in awe over your ornaments and the themes you chose ... love all of the festive colors ... so regal, rich and gorgeous!

Susie Q said...

Wow Sue...I have one up and it was hard enough! Where do you find the time and energy! You amaze me! I do have a little kitchen tree too, and a teeny one in the half bath but sheesh. I feel like a Scrooge next to you!! *laugh* You do beautiful work...truly.
If you get a chance to take a break, i would love to meet you for breakfast! Let me know 'k?
Love,
Sue

At The Picket Fence said...

Sue, I seriously don't even know what to say...they are absolutely, positively, gorgeous beyond words!! Each and everyone is so unique and beautiful and...and...every other words for amazing that I can think of! Well done, friend, well done! I'm sharing it on our Facebook page right now!

Heather

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

So pretty and festive, Sue...hard to pick a favorite! Love the pink tree! Happy week!...hugs...Debbie

eileeninmd said...

Your trees are all so pretty, way too hard to pick a favorite. I love the vintage ornaments. Lovely photos, have a great week!

Michele Smith said...

Wow! You have some beautiful trees!

Thank you for visiting my blog!
The gingerbread ornaments are a recent find, I am tempted to run there "now" and get some more. LOL

Olive Cooper said...

Okay lovey, that pink tree is off the chain, off the hook, and over the top. Surely you had to rest for a week after doing up all these trees-you make me want to nap for you. Beautiful.

Bunny Jean said...

Hi Sue!

Every time I see your blog you have MORE trees! They are all so beautiful. I just can't help but wonder where you store all of this... maybe you could share that with us ;)

Thanks for joining my Christmas Bunny Hop!

xoxo Bunny Jean
Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party!

Marigene said...

They are all beautiful trees, Sue...my favorite is the peacock one.

Shelia said...

Hi Sue! Oh, Lord have mercy! What gorgeous trees! You had better sit down because I know you must be pooped! You outdid yourself - so beautiful and such pretty decorations! :)
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

A To Zebra Celebrations said...

yikes!!! love them all but my favorite is the pink one!! where do you store your stuff?.....my hubby would have a heart attack...lol
you can see my tree here: http://atozebracelebrations.blogspot.com/2011/12/dollar-tree-ornaments.html

Privet and Holly said...

Sue: Fantastic!!!
I bet your home
is absolutely magic
each evening once
the sun has gone down
and the glow from
all your trees fills your
house. Thanks for
linking your beautiful
post to Monday Moments.

xx Suzanne

Ms Bingles Vintage Christmas said...

Oh, how beautiful! I love all of them! Thank you so much for sharing, I sure did enjoy looking...
Leticia

Blooming Rose Musings said...

Oh my goodness, your trees are beautiful. I can only imagine all the work you put into these gorgeous trees. I hope you can sit back now and enjoy the fuits of your labor. Gorgeous!
I'm visiting from Privet and Holly.

Veronica said...

Sue, your trees are all gorgeous...but that pink tree...is a MASTERPIECE!!
Wonderful!

Veronica
Tassels Twigs and Tastebuds

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

Oh Sue, they are all beautiful! What gorgeous colors on that peacock tree, and oh my, those peacocks and feathers are breath taking, but so is that pink tree. Both of them took my breath as I scrolled through these photos. And I can't forget all of that gorgeous silver sparkling in the lights of the other tree. I would not even be able to pick a favorite among this fabulous tree collection. You are amazing! laurie

Kim @ Cheap Chic Home said...

Wow, what a lot of trees. The silver one is so beautiful--and, it's hard to tell there is actually a tree under all of the pink decor. It must be such a joy to wander from room to room to see all of your handiwork.

Sallie said...

Sue, your trees are a-ma-zing!! Absolutely beautiful! I can't believe you have 8 trees. I was proud of myself for having 2 this year. LOL!

Olivia said...

Oh my that pink tree is simply heavenly! love love!
Happy Pink Saturday,
Hugs,
Olivia

Suzann said...

Hello Sue
Loved your 3 trees you have showed us so far, LOVE LOVE LOVE the pink tree.
Enjoy your Holidays
Merry Pink Saturday
Suzann ~xoxo~

Tabitha said...

Your trees are beautiful and I can't wait to see them all! Thanks for stopping by simply home cents!

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh my gosh--how totally breathtaking!!! Your trees are amazing!!!
XO
CIndy

Sherry said...

Oh, Sue! They just keep getting prettier and prettier! Have a very Merry Christmas! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry