Pages

Saturday, November 26, 2011

A Gift of Black and White Bird Plates

 

I received a very sweet package delivery last week. It was a gift from blogging friend, Sue, from Rue Moufettard. She had seen my post on the black and white bird plates in my kitchen hutch and knew that I was on the look-out for more. Well, she went shopping at her local Tuesday Morning store and came up with two more plates for me!

                                                                                                                                                 sue

 

.

 

new birds2

Tuesday Morning stores must have been selling a variety of patterns of this manufacturer’s china. Our local stores didn’t stock this style of bird plates, but if they had, I would have bought them along with the other two patterns I found.  I just love them and agree with Sue, who felt that they looked a bit like parrots. 

 

 

bird plate 1

 

My two bird patterns look like these. The plates that Sue sent to me are such a nice complement to the four that I already had.

 

bird plate 2

 

 

 

 

 

.

.hutch 1

The hutch was originally dressed like this.  I removed the cow creamer and butter dish, as well as the green turkey plate and moved the Target birdies to a new spot.

 

 

 

 

 

hutch

The new patterns were placed on the back wall of the buffet top. I added a wicker demi-john on top of some of the plates for a little texture. 

 

 

 

buffet top

 

 

 

 

 

 

tureen 2

My white tureen took the place of the green turkey plate and white platter in this little cubby.

 

 

target birds

And the bird salt and pepper shakers were moved to the top shelf.

                                                                                                         **************

Isn’t it just amazing what the blogging community brings to the table?  I really appreciate Sue’s generosity. She’s just such a giving person and that trait was very much evident in the recent party that she held at her new home for a crowd of neighbors and some fellow bloggers. You can read about it here.  Thanks again, so much, Sue! I love my new plates.  

                                                                                    

 

 

 

23 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Oh, wasn't that sweet of her. I love your bird plates. They look nice on your hutch.

Miss Char said...

Love the extra plates Sue and it was so nice of your blog friend to be on the lookout for them. Funny....I just blogged about shopping for blog friends too last week. Great minds I guess.

Sonia said...

The plates are just beautiful...what a lovely remembrance of blog friendships! Your hutch is lovely...love the black!

Miss Bloomers

Salmagundi said...

Sue's the greatest! I've received surprise packages from her in the past - generosity personified!!! Your hutch looks wonderful. Sally

Susan said...

Your Birdie plates are so very pretty!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

What a nice gift . I like the all white on the black hutch.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

How sweet of Sue to get those for you, Sue! They look great with the ones you found. I love that tureen in your hutch! It is so beautiful and fits that spot perfectly.

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

That was very nice of her!~Patti

Erin of Salvaged Whimsy said...

So kind of Sue to send you the plates. I'm constantly amazed by the kindness of bloggers, for example, how nice you've been about introducing me to other Ohio bloggers and shops...I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. On an unrelated note - I LOVE your tureen - it's gorgeous.
Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Take care

Sarah said...

What a sweet, thoughtful friend. Your black and white display looks terrific. ~ Sarah

Terra said...

The bird plates are beauties, and how sweet of Sue to add to your collection.

Anita @ Cedar Hill Ranch said...

What a wonderful friend, and the plates are really lovely on your buffet. Love all of the white and black together. I have missed you in bloggyland, but then I went to see my mom and have been away from the computer myself. I love my mom, but I couldn't wait to get home to my house and my blog friends!! Glad you are back.

Jemsmom said...

What a sweet and thoughtful gift! I love blogland!

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Lemon Lane Cottage said...

I love the black and white plates in that black hutch especially mixed with the white china. Very pretty display. Patty

Pam said...

That was so nice of her! I really like the big soup tureen in that spot. It's like that spot was made for it.

Jo said...

How cool! I love the bird plates! They really compliment the buffet

Olive Cooper said...

How thoughtful of her and I am awfully invested in your hutch looking good you know.

Sharing with Sherri said...

That was so sweet and thoughtful of Sue to think of you. I love those adorable plates and they look perfect on your hutch with the rest of your pretties!

P.S. Are you really putting up 7 trees?!!! WOW! My hats off to you girl! You must be the energizer bunny;)

Pat said...

I love those black and white bird plates, Sue! Your hutch is beautiful!

blessedmom's simple home said...

What a thoughtful friend!! The bird plates look so pretty in that beautiful hutch of yours :)
Blessings,
Marcia

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

What a wonderful surprsie from a Sue to a Sue! :) The plates are very pretty and look perfect on your hutch.
I know you've been busy decorating for Christmas -- I can't wait to se it all! My holiday will be low key this year as I'm spending time away with my kids and grandkids.

I enjoyed your blog music, Sue. It's so relaxing.

Heidi said...

Sue - I love your black and white bird plates! I just came across your blog researching black and white Christmas gifts, and I'm so glad I did. The hutch looks great. :)
What a sweet story of friendship and generosity, too.

- Heidi

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Just catching up on some past posts and wanted to say how sweet Sue is! I love her and she is so much fun also. I missed her big party since I was still in Texas but hope to see her after Christmas. Love those plates and so glad she found them for you! hugs, Linda