Pages

Friday, October 14, 2011

More Fall Color

 

basket1

Wanted to show a bit more of the fall decorating before I started adding in Halloween accessories. This wire basket is the “mama” to the smaller 
“baby” basket that I have on my kitchen island here.  It’s filled with a variety of “stuff,” most of it gathered from around the house and my storage closet.

 

plaque

This plaque that I tucked behind a ceramic pumpkin is one of several that I found at a local florist store. It has a lot of depth and character. I’ve never hung them on the wall; instead, I like them leaned up against books or a shelf wall. Or like here - tucked into a basket…

 

antlers, finial

Finials are always in style, in my book- whether they’re used as filler or as an accent piece. This small one is snuggled up against a pair of antlers.

 

Indian corn, antlers

 

.

bumpy pumpkin

I’m lovin’ this bumpy-looking ceramic pumpkin. And who can resist a dried bloom of hydrangea from the garden?

 

ceramic pumpkin

This little guy has a much smoother texture than the pumpkin in the basket.

 

sofa table

Here’s the entire tabletop behind the sofa. See what’s on top of that old wooden box? It’s a vintage stamp holder. You know the kind-  businesses used them back in the day to hold rubber stamps that said, “Paid in Full,” “Payment Due,” etc.  I placed three small vases into the clamps that once held those stamps.

 

mums

And this is the end result… Little blooms from one of my chrysanthemum plants were placed into the vases.

                                                                                        Simplicity is beauty…

                                                                                                                                                                     ~~~~~~~~

I am really loving the great fall weather we’ve been experiencing here in southwest Ohio.  Warm, sunny days…  falling leaves…   cool and crisp nights,….  Heck, I didn’t even mind the gray skies and the spattering of a few rain drops that we had today. It’s fall, baby! Can’t wait to build a fire down in the fire-pit tomorrow night.

shadowy moon

                 Here’s a shot of the shadowy moon last night as the clouds were moving in. Now tell me this isn’t a little eerie, but oh so cool!

                                                                                                                                                                                      

 

 

 

Linked to:

vintage inspiration button                   Seasonal Sunday Teapot resized_thumb[3] MET MON

26 comments:

Bunny Jean said...

Hi Sue, I like that antique stamp holder and the way you are using it to display the small vases. Your fall colors are so warm and inviting.

xoxo Bunny Jean
Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Love your decorations Sue, this is the first time I've seen Indian Corn used this year! The moon shot is really fun:@)

Lori said...

I have been looking for one of those stamp holders and you have just inspired me even more to find one! So cute with flowers.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

You know I love that mix of antlers with the other pieces.

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

I love what you did with that stamp maker and using the flowers! So cool! You have a lot of conversation starters in your room! Very nice! ~Hugs, Patti

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Sue I just love all the pretties you put in that wire basket! Martina

Blondie's Journal said...

You find the neatest things to create fall in your home, Sue! I like the antlers and baskets and the stamp holder. All of it works so well together.

We have been having gorgeous weather except for the rain yesterday, but I was glad because we just had fall fertilizer put down.

Enjoy your fire!

XO,
Jane

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Beautiful Sue! I still can't believe it is OCTOBER!!

Lou Cind :)

A Hint of Home said...

That sky is a little eery but what a great pic!
All your Fall decor looks so pretty! I love that stamp holder! What a cool idea to use it with the vases.
Enjoy that firepit!

Katherines Corner said...

I love ti all, but that giant acorn is wonderful. Hugs and sincere wishes for a lovely weekend xo

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

OMG, Sue. Your photos are so beautiful. Great creative ideas.

Linda said...

Lovely fall decorations, Sue! I love the combination of different elements! The moon photo is so wonderful! Thanks for stopping by and for your nice comment on my creepy mantel!

All That Glitters said...

Your basket is so pretty! I need me one of those to carry my eggs in it!

Custom Comforts said...

Seeing all your fall decor makes me realize I need to get hopping if I want time to enjoy my fall decorations before its time for Christmas. Looks so lovely.
Cindy

Ivy and Elephants said...

Hi Sue, the fall colors are wonderful. I am loving the stamp holder with the bloom vases. That is brilliant.

Paula

d e l i g h t said...

Beautiful fall decor! I love the old stamp holder with the vases of flowers. Can't belive I passed one of those up a few weeks ago at an antique store!! Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

Diann said...

Everything here looks just gorgeous Sue! I wanted to let you know that you are one of the winners for a free new Holiday Accents Renuizt Air Freshners. Just email me your mailing address and I will get your coupon in the mail! Congrats!

http://findingsecrettreasures.blogspot.com said...

Everything looks beautiful! I love how you filled your wire basket! Thanks for visiting my blog, I'm now a follower of yours!

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

Hey Sue, Love how used the old stamp holder....very clever! And that last photo......looks like a perfect Halloween night to me. :) xo

Betsy said...

I love the detail in all of your pictures...everything is gorgeous!
Ooh, great night sky picture too. Our evening and morning weather is sure feeling like fall, so nice and cool. Thanks for sharing your fall inspiration.

Theresa said...

What a clever idea with the chrysanthemums. And I love all the stuff you put in the basket. I would just love to sit by the fire with you guys, just laughing and talking about life's little follies. We still haven't gotten to build a fire in our new pit. Too dry and hot still.

Hugs,
Theresa

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Fantastic fall post! The setting looks great and gorgeous autumn colours. Thanks for sharing.
Hope to see you on my blog:)

hilary @ oldhouse.truelove. said...

love your fall sue!

The Tablescaper said...

Such great color.So happy that you chose to join Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Brandi said...

Everything look so nice! I love the Fall touches you added around your home! I adore your stamp holder! Thanks again for stopping by my blog!

Susie Q said...

Love it all...always love what you do!
I actually have some antlers now! Bill looked at 'em like I had lost my mind! *laugh*
Love,
Sue