Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Gifts of Bread and Tea Towels

 

We hosted a small outdoor party for the husband’s brothers and their wives on Saturday night and I received some very yummy and pretty hostess gifts from two of my sisters-in-law.

 

bb2

I received a nice loaf of home baked banana bread tied up in a brightly colored tea towel from Bette. She cracked me up because she said that she had to go to the grocery store to buy aluminum loaf pans. She got the urge to bake right at the onset of her kitchen remodel. She had just packed up all of her dishes and utensils and didn’t know which box anything was in! I guess I can count myself lucky that she still had her oven connected!

 

 

 

 

3

As part of my breakfast this morning, I enjoyed a piece with a cup of coffee lightened up with a dash of caramel vanilla cream. It smelled heavenly and really complemented the delicious bread!

 

 

buttered bread cu

I know that I slathered a big serving of butter onto my bread, but not to fear~ it’s light butter. Can you tell?  It’s not as light colored as the more highly caloric ‘real’ butter!  More is okay as long as it’s not as as bad for me, right? ( I can rationalize with the best of  them…)

 

db3

Linda brought me this loaf of dilly bread from Landes Meat Market in Clayton, Ohio. She knows I’ve been a fan of this bread for ages and ages. I love it toasted and covered with butter! 

 

 

db2

The “package” is so festively wrapped for the fall season. Don’t you love the little bundle of flowers tucked under the jute ribbon string?

 

 

 

db4 

It was so cute that both girls used tea towels to wrap their gifts. I’m wondering if they both knew I needed new kitchen towels. Linda is always telling me that mine look a little raggedy!  Thanks, Bette and Linda- I’m glad you practiced good guest etiquette. In addition to that, you’re keeping me happy with carbs!  

 

                                                                                                                                                          ~~~~~~~

There’s still time to sign up for my give-away sponsored by Hometalk! Click on the button below to see what’s going on.

                                                                                                               giveawaybutton

16 comments:

Bunny Jean said...

How sweet of them to bring gifts! Those towels are just right for the season. I go through towels like crazy, changing them out every day.

I LOVE to have carbs with my morning coffee... breads, donuts, cakes, even pie!

I am still hoping I win the gift certificate :]

xoxo Bunny Jean
Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party!

Penny @ The Comforts of Home/Flea Market Makeovers said...

What a great idea!! I love that they baked bread and then wrapped them in kitchen towels...perfection!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Love gifts like that and the gift wrapping is perfect.

A Hint of Home said...

Lucky Girl! You got some pretty new towels and yummy breads to boot!
They were wrapped so pretty! Don't eat it all at one sitting. lol

Barbara F. said...

Both breads look and sound delicious....and I have been staying away from wheat this past week! Oy!!! I love the way they wrapped the breads. Nice SIL's, Sue. xo

Miss Char said...

Boy Sue, you've sure got better SIL's that I do! Oh...and the butter thing, you are so correct since its lite butter you get to use more. :)

Olive Cooper said...

Sweets for the sweet♥

At The Picket Fence said...

What beautiful and thoughtful gifts! I absolutely love dilly bread too! :-)
Vanessa

Cozy Little House said...

Your plates are so pretty that you have your food on!
Brenda

hilary @ the upcycle furniture co. said...

so cute!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Both breads look amazing! I just had soup for dinner and would love a big ole slice of either one-enjoy:@)

Jo said...

Is there any Dilly Bread left? lol What nice hostess gifts!Hope you are enjoying this nice weather

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Sue,
What a great gift! I love giving towels as gifts. One of my closest friends did that for all of her neighbors, one year, for Christmas! It was such a hit! She stocked up on them at the Dollar Store, wrapped them with a pretty bow and voila...a practical and pretty gift!

Tami / Maddie Lumpkin said...

Love the new backyard! Good thing I don't know your address or you'd probably come home and find me lounging!

Balisha said...

Hi Sue,
I remember when Dilly Bread was all the rage. It seems that I couldn't keep it in the house. It smelled so good while baking. That recipe went to everyone who tasted it. I love the idea of wrapping in a tea towel. Such a nice hostess gift.
Balisha

Jemsmom said...

That is a lovely hostess gift and so sweet of your SIL's to think of that. You are lucky! Mine called three days before our trip to Ireland to ask exactly where we were going since everyone was asking her and she had no idea. That is my SIL and I don't even want to get started on the other one! Ha! You are blessed!!!