Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Morning Constitutional Finds

 

Last month, my neighbor and I began walking three mornings a week in an effort to get more healthy and to lose a few pounds. So far, my neighbor is making pretty good progress. I, on the other hand, need to stop drinking regular Coke!  Then I might start showing more of a weight loss! On a more positive note, I have to admit that as a result of the walking, I now have more stamina; my hamstrings are no longer as tight as a drum; and my flexibility has increased, too. Guess those 4-5 miles really are having a positive effect on me….

I know that my last long walk netted me some great gains, but they really weren’t all health related. It was garbage pick-up day and we were walking in a nearby neighborhood when we saw the “junk guy” picking through the curb piles.  As we rounded a corner on another block, I thought I saw his truck parked in front of some wicker furniture out on the curb. I darted over there, my neighbor following close behind me, wondering why in the heck I was sprinting towards the truck. I think I mumbled something about getting there before the “junk guy” stole my potential stash!

Turned out that it wasn’t the  junk man’s truck, after all.  It belonged to a roofer and the guy and his crew were busy up on the roof. He saw me eyeing the wicker and he said he’d make sure the the garbage truck or the junk man didn’t take it. But to be sure, I moved it over to the passenger side of his truck and told him I’d be back after my walk. I left the settee for the “junk guy”  just in case he wanted it. It had seen better days, in my opinion.

This is what I went back for -

wicker chair

This needs a new cushion- I left behind the one that came with it because it had definitely seen better days.

 

wicker table

Cute little coffee table.

 

wicker table and chair

There are a few places where the wicker needs to be glued down on the legs, but that is a minor fix. I think they’ll get a nice colorful shot of spray paint. Who knows- maybe lime green or fuschia!  I’m getting adventurous!   The pieces will look fine in the back corner of the yard, tucked under the shade of a sassafras tree, where I can sip on a  diet Coke.  I hate the taste of diet, but I did try a Coke Zero with cherry flavoring last week. It was palatable and I might even learn to tolerate it—IF I come out of withdrawal……

 

                                                                                                                                                                           BuckeyeBlogger

If you’re a Buckeye Blogger, don’t forget that we’re planning a get-together on Saturday, July 16.

Click on the button for more information.

Linking to:

SouthernHospThriftyTreasures-copy_thumb1                              Photobucket              THT Party Button-1

Monday                                                            Tuesday                                                             Tuesday                                                          Thursday

13 comments:

Jo said...

You are such a lucky girl! I was just talking to Chuck abt spray painting my wicker, its starting to look shabby I'm thinking if I can find another can of it spraying it oregano -so I'd love to see what color you do yours in!

Marydon said...

I just read an article last week that Diet anything drink is worse for yo than just a regular soda ...

What a fabulous find for your enjoyment.
I say PINK, yup!

May her flag fly high & proud forever over this great land ... may God see the changes we need & grant us that blessing.

Happy 4th, my friend,

TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

L'Heure Bleue At Home said...

You did really well! Those are great finds. And I'm like you, I do love my Coke Classic and find it a hard thing to give up.

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

I drink Diet Coke all the time...but I must admit that there is nothing better than a REAL Coke on ice. Heaven on earth. Good luck with the walking and great score on the wicker. Have a great week!

Debby said...

Good find. I can see you sprinting to get it. Once you get used to Diet Coke you'll be okay. Good job on the walking. See you soon.

Penny @ The Comforts of Home/Lavender Hill Studio said...

Great find! Glad you got there before the junk guy!

Miss Char said...

What a great walk with presents! I'd probably have made my walking partner sit down in the chair to and ran back to get my truck. Happy 4th.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Nice finds! Looking forward to seeing what you do with them. I cut back on cokes several years ago. I never did care for diet coke.
Happy July 4th!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

ooooh fantastic find! I love garbage day and always take a look to see what people are discarding.

Have a wonderful 4th of July!

Olive Cooper said...

Don't you love that feeling when you find something on the side of the road? these are well worth saving! Well done Sue♥

Pam said...

Yes. Love it and nothing a tube of glue and a can of spray paint can't fix. Try the Coke Zero for a few days, you'll never go back to the regular stuff.

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

What a find! Just more proof that I should start a walking program. laurie

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Great find Sue! How lucky was that?!~Hugs, Patti