Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

More Peeks at the Porch

 

Peddler House

This is the store where I held my Vintage Porch Sale last weekend. Isn’t it cute? Debbie is one of the nicest shopkeepers around and has a lot of pretty things here; so if you’re ever in Waynesville, Ohio, be sure to stop in, say hi, and tell her I sent ya!  It was an ordeal to transport all my “Junque” to another location. Thank goodness I was under 15 minutes from there- I wouldn’t have liked not being able to see out the rear window of my SUV for any longer than that! I was so loaded down that I had to use my mirrors the entire drive. I obviously like to depend on undisturbed sight through that big back window!  One driver behind me honked when I took a winding part of the road just a bit too slow for his taste. My load was shifting, and I sure didn’t need any broken glassware.  Too bad, buddy!  He later whizzed by me and was long gone before I knew it…….    The husband met me down there with another full load in his van, helped unload everything,  and then went into work.   I, on the other hand, had to go back home and retrieve another load!  Did I mention that I had a lot of Junque??? 

.

porch26

I loved this little wicker stool. It would be perfect as a side table, whether inside or outside the house.   I still have lots of plates left. I might have to make some more cake plates out of them. That is, of course, if I can find all my glass candlesticks.  Why can’t I find things when I want them?!

.

porch24

This three shelf wicker basket  found a home with the lady who asked me if I’d like to “pick” for her vintage shop.

.

porch29

I thought that these shot bags would make a terrific carrying case, tied up with some jute string,  for a bottle of wine. What savvy hostess wouldn’t be thrilled to have such a fun wrapped gift?  Of course, when I tried to explain this to the uninformed who don’t understand up-cycling,  they just raised their eyebrows, shook their heads, and thought I was nuts!  I thought it was a good idea!

.

porch17

Aaahhh… sweet smelling  rosemary….    Pam wanted the camp stool and she said she thought about it all the way home.  Although this one’s gone, I found another one for her at an estate sale Saturday morning.  E-mail me,  Pam, and I’ll bring it along next time we Ohio bloggers get together! 

.

porch3

Rolls of music pages tied up with ribbon make a nice filler for any basket.

.

The knobs on this painted chest are worth more than the original cost of the piece.

.

This little table is made up of two different pieces. It’d be perfect on a porch or in a sunroom.

.

Picnic baskets are so much classier a way to pack a lunch than in a plastic cooler, don’t you think?

.

I love this old kitchen cart. These were so popular back in the fifties.  We had one in our own kitchen. Just realized that the shelves are upside down. Guess I can credit the husband for this faux pas- he was in a hurry to get to work.

.

This basket chest would be a perfect fit in a bathroom to  stash toiletries and hand towels.

.

The wicker vanity came back home with me. I would think some young girl would love to have this in her bedroom. All it needs is a piece of glass on the top and it would fit the bill as a writing desk, don’t you think?

.

No birdie I know would live in this; but it’s awful pretty with all its dried flowers.

.

The corner table went to a woman who came back on the second day.  She said she had to go home and measure.   Do you see another picnic basket in the background?

.

Baskets never go out of style when hung on pegs.

.

Chinese checkers was a favorite game of mine in grade school!

.

book page wreath

I had a request to make some more book page wreaths for someone. This was my first attempt at making one and I definitely learned that I need to keep a bowl of ice water handy while working with a glue gun.  I think we’ve all been burned with hot glue at one time or another and know that those burns can be brutal!

                                                                                                                                                **************

It was a fun experience to sell my things at a location other than my own yard sales. It’s hard work to load and transport “Junque” in multiple carloads.  My hat goes off those who sell at multiple venues throughout the country. If I do it again, I’m going to rent a small truck!  And if I keep accumulating things, I’ll have to start studying for my commercial driving license and learn to drive the big rigs!  

                                                                                                          

 

                                                                                                                               This week, I’m partying with:

    SouthernHospThriftyTreasures-copy_thumb1           nifty thrifty tuesdays        tuesday's treasures uncommon slice of suburbia               thrifty things friday



22 comments:

Balisha said...

Oh, my gosh!What a treasure trove...
Balisha

Diann said...

You had so many beautiful things to offer Sue! And everything was displayed so nicely. The prices looked like they were on target. Sounds like it was a fun and successful sale! Thank you in advance for joining TTF. I hope yu are having a wonderful Sunday1

Glenda/MidSouth said...

You did have a lot of treasures to sell! I sure need to start decluttering here again. I stopped a while back and just never got motivated again.
Have a great week.

Susan said...

Wow! I would love to come shop off your front porch!

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Oh my gosh I want one of those wicker hamper/picnic baskets! I have never seen a round one...very unique. I would have kept the vanity and stool too! Happy Sunday...~Ann

Joan said...

I've been to Waynesville, Ohio! I had a wonderful time there drifting through all the antique stores. It seemed like every store and house had antiques.

Are you close to Centerville? My husband's Serbian cousins live there!

Carol said...

Such beautiful treasures to sell! I wish I lived closer.

Debby said...

You sure did have some neat things. Why not have a big sale twice a year like the French Hen has.
One more day of school, then vacation.....then we will have to plan a get together.

Grammy Goodwill said...

I saw so many things I would have bought.

Pam said...

Yipee! A camp stool! I'm so excited. Now is that kitchen cart electric? Looks like you can cook on the top of it - if so I have never seen anything quite like it.

Jemsmom said...

Awwww... man I wish I lived near you!!!! So many neat treasures!

Claudia@DipityRoad said...

Ohhh Sue there is a lot of stuff that reminds me of my old basment.

That kitchen cart really hit home ... I thought we were oooh so stylin when we had that... and rolled it to one anothers bed when we were sick *cough* :)

Always lovely to stop by and say hi to a dear friend.

Hugs GF

Claudia

Michelle@ A Full Cottage said...

Boy you had some great stuff! I think your upcycling is a good idea. I also wish I hadn't passed up the camp stool I saw at an estate sale this past weekend after seeing yours with the cute plant on it. I also looooove the white scrolly thing in the first picture.

Thanks for stopping by A Full Cottage, I hope you visit again soon.

:) Michelle

Olive Cooper said...

Hi Sue, I love the Chinese checker board. This style of game board is so appealing. I also remember playing this game! ♥O

Honey at 2805 said...

Sue, it's a gold mine of goodies!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Sue,
Thanks so much for coming to my NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS PARTY with all your treasures from your porch sale.

Blessings,
Linda

Terry said...

I so would have loved to have been at your sale. Hope it was good and you sold most everything.

dogsmom said...

Now I am even MORE impressed that I know you took 3 full loads to this sale. Youwere ambitious. Glad you sold so much of it.

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Something for everybody here. I like the wicker you brought home. You're right. That looks like a cute place to have a sale.

Amanda said...

What a fun place for a sale! It sure is a lot of work to haul things somewhere to sell...but it's easier when it's to a shop that's open several days a week. Then you don't feel pressured to get it all there at once! You might consider renting a space at an antique mall. I think you would really enjoy it! Visiting from My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia! Nice to mave met you!
Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Sue, this is the post I tried and tried to comment on. I saw about a million things I want! Why do I live so far away?? That chinese checker board! The dresser thingy with the wicker baskets, another table, the wire basket on the wall!
UGH!! I would have SNATCHED it all up!!

Great sale!!

Lou Cinda :(

imsteelefullofscrap said...

Wish I was closer to you we would have a blast thrifting!! If I would go there he would ride the bike so anything I buy has to fit in the saddle bags!! LOL He thinks it prevents me from bringing anything large home!!!