Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Gleaming Glass Table

 

 

The cocktail table in the great room got a simple little change over the weekend.  I removed a large metal basket filled with magazines and replaced it with a glass tray and a few random accessories that I gleaned from here and there around the house.  All of this gleaming glass on the table really lets the pattern of the rug show through. 

 tray vignette1

 

 

 

 

 

candle holders

I like using this trio of glass candle holders on top of the table and often fill the containers with dried flowers, shells,  or holiday items. This time, they stayed empty.  ( I think I was being a little lazy…)

 

 

tray

Talk about simplicity…. I began by topping two colorfully bound school textbooks with a small cloche filled with wine corks. I then used a pot of variegated greenery for some additional contrast. The cupcake cloche was filled with a few shells and rolled up sheets of music tied with ribbon completed the display on the tray.

 

shells

Pretty sea shells…………….

 

corks

 

 

 

 

 

potted plant

I’m hoping that this little guy stays alive at least through the summer.  His pretty little leaves go so limp when I forget to water him. I’m really trying to be more attentive to all my houseplants and I am sure hoping that this brown thumb of mine won’t get the best of me!

 

 

cloche

 

 

 

 

 

cupcake cloche

                                                                                                                                         *********************

I’ve been using Windows Live Writer to post for almost two years while using Windows XP on my old computer.  When the program loaded onto my new computer, which has Windows 7,  it automatically loaded the newer version.  It took me a few posts to get used to it, but now that I know where everything is, I really like it. But lately I’ve been having some crazy issues. Sometimes, when I type, it turns out backwards!   Sometimes, everything freezes and eventually shuts down. In addition, I sometimes get an error message that says it can’t publish because of an internal  server error.  
AAAGGGHHHH….  Has anyone else using Writer experienced anything like this?  This is a bit aggravating, so  I’m hoping this is just a temporary glitch in the system, because I don’t plan on ever going back to using Blogger to post.  Please let me know if you’ve experienced anything weird like this!  

                                                                                                                                           Linking to:

                                                                                               Wow Us Wednesdays             and                   Share the Love Wednesday

                                                                        th_wowuswedparty                     sharethelovebutton

31 comments:

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Hi Sue....I have been using Live Writer since you showed me and yes, it did change when I changed to Windows 7 but I have never had that problem you are having. Your table looks great! Stop over and see my chandy finally finished...Stay cool~Hugs, Patti

Pat said...

When I bought the new computers last year the new WLW version downloaded and it has worked fine, so far....knock on wood! Your problem is probably only temporary.

Love your glass table and vignette!!!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Sue, I had to go get my sunglasses to help me with all that gleaming glass! Looks great and love your vignette.

Debby said...

You know you don't want to take advice from me, hah, with my Kodak point and shot and just post it.....lol. I even have your picture of your disgust of my picture taking. Sorr, thought you could use a laugh. I am in such a good mood this morning as school is OUT, yippee. Got to start packing YIPPEE again. (((((HUGS))))

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I really like your glass vignette - very pretty. I haven't changed anything around my home in a while. Sorry no help with live writer - hopefully it is just a temporary glitch. I never changed over. Just never took the time to check it out.
Have a great day.

Olive Cooper said...

Sue, I love the cloche filled with wine corks. I may borrow that idea. Except we barely drink wine. ♥O

Blondie's Journal said...

This looks fabulous, Sue! I have a glass table in my family room and I am going to take a few of your ideas! I like the simplicity of it, but it's interesting, too! Love it!

XO,
Jane

At The Picket Fence said...

Hi Sue! I'm itching to go rearrange some things on my tabletops after seeing yours! It all looks so lovely! :-)
Vanessa

Ms. Bake-it said...

What a pretty vignette! I like the clean simplicity of it. The books and plant pull the colors from the rug. I love the glass candle holders. Very nicely done Sue.

~ Tracy

La said...

Your seashell cloche jumps out at me...maybe because I am longing for the beach today.

I hope you are having a fun week.

All That Glitters said...

I love those 3 matching candle holders Sue! Congrats on your porch sale! It's so much fun doing sales!

Cozy Little House said...

Very sparkly and fresh and pretty!
Brenda

Pam said...

That wine cork cloche is a cute idea. Your glass sue does seem to sparkle today. I may have to get my Windex out myself. Can't help you on Live Writer, but that really sucks that it is acting up also. It's always something.

Dining Delight said...

So pretty! Love the trio of glass candle holders! I have something similar and know how versatile they can be when you add items to the bottom. However, I also like the simple look (NOT lazy!) of having nothing in them!

DD

Honey at 2805 said...

You definatey have the sparkly thing going on! Love all of the different elements you used in your vignette. It's so pretty!

I use Live Writer with no problem.

L'Heure Bleue At Home said...

Your glass vignette is beautiful!

La Vie Quotidienne said...

How pretty this all is! I have a glass topped table too but it isn't nearly as creatively tablescaped as yours. It was so nice of your to visit me and leave such a nice comment. Hope to see you again sometime. Have a great day!

farmlady said...

This whole display would be beautiful at my sister's condo near the beach in Pacifica, California. It's just the right grouping of lovely things.
Thanks for an idea that I can pass on.
Actually, it would look just lovely here on the farm too.

At The Picket Fence said...

I love the shells and corks in your jars and cloche. Think I might have to steal that idea from you! It all looks beautiful. I have LW as well and haven't had any issues. Hoping it's just a little glitch for ya and will go away soon.

Heather

the cape on the corner said...

i have no idea about live writer-i am living in ignorant bliss.

i wanted to tell you i LOVE the corks in that jar! i have corks in 3 vases in my dining room, but i am on the lookout for more. i should have been saving them for years!

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Sooooo pretty Sue... Good luck with the greenery. :-) I've lost too many to count, but I love them so I keep trying.

xoxoxo
Spencer

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

The wine corks in the cloche are brilliant...well done! I downloaded Live Writer after you told me about it. I did a test post and it came out OK. I haven't used it again though...hope you can get it figured out. I totally love the look of your blog. It's really hot isn't it?

very merry vintage style said...

This is such a great idea--I haven't seen corks under cloches before. Thanks so much for linking up to Share the Love Wednesday!
Mary

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Ooooh so shiny! Love the corks under glass.

I used to love Live Writer when I was on blogger. Sorry to hear you're having issues. Maybe delete it and download it again?

Patti said...

Pretty vignette - love the pedestal cloche and the corks, too. As for the burlap coffee sacks - if you have a privately owned coffee shop in your area they will probably either give you a few or sell them to you (I have paid up to $2.00 for one) Are you in Columbus area?

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Sue, this looks Gorgeous! It looks so light and airy and summery and I love the candle holders empty! So pretty! I was looking at my coffee table last night and thinking I needed to "lighten" it up some! May steal some of your ideas :) Love the rolled up sheet music too!

I have had issues with Blogger letting me leave comments! I tried and tried last week to leave you one and it wouldn't let me! Today is good though!

Lou Cinda :)

xinex said...

Beautiful vignette, Sue. I love everything you put together....Christine

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

Sue, I'm going to go get some wine corks out of the bar and put them under a cloche. This looks so good, and all of the glass is so light looking for summer months. I got one of those error messages when I tried to post from Live Writer last week. I went to LW Help, and it said they were workin on some things and would have everything back in order within hours. I was later able to publish my post. Hopefully it's all cleared up now. laurie

Carol said...

Very pretty table, love how you put it together! I don't use Livewriter but I do have Windows 7. I just do a disk clean and clean out the cache and cookies, and run a defrag and a restart and it usually clears up all the weird stuff. Hope that helps.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The pretty shells and the music in a roll really look nice together! A great look! ♥

Rettabug said...

Hi Sue!

I just loved seeing your beautiful home & gardens! What a special little corner of the world you've created...both inside & out.

I wanted you to know that on Fathers Day, after I saw this post, I immediately gathered some sheet music that belonged to my father...he had a beautiful tenor voice & sang in the choir both at church & at work.
I rolled them just like you did & tied them with black ribbon, just like yours. I'm trying to duplicate your entire coffee table but first I have to find a place for the 15 magazines I have lying on there. LOL

Thanks for the wonderful inspiration!!