Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Spring Open House and Readying for a Sale

 

Things have been very busy around the Sullivan household recently.  So busy, in fact, that I have had nary a free moment to post anything or do much visiting.  In addition to coordinating a major landscape project for the front yard, I’ve been busy readying for the occasional sale I have planned for May 28 and 29 in Waynesville, Ohio. A friend of mine owns a shop down there and has graciously offered the use of her wrap-around porch for me to sell my goods. The village of Waynesville is having its Old Main Street Antiques Show that weekend, so if you’re up for a drive, by all means stop over to see me.  I’ll be posting more details soon.

I started setting aside furniture and some of my accessories back in January, when I went on a cleaning frenzy. I came to the realization that my decorating style has evolved and has changed somewhat. I’ll be selling off quite a few things, including the goat cart that I bought last fall.  I think I’m refining my style and taking it just a tad bit more contemporary. I will still be using traditional things and staying eclectic,  but I just need a little change  So, what better thing to do but have a sale to get rid of what I no longer want?  I still have so much to do. I haven’t even priced anything yet. Yikes, I need to get busy- I only have nine days left to get organized and packed up.  My garage is so full that I can’t even park my car in it!

In the meantime, I thought I’d show you some photos of a spring open house that I attended last month at the Morning Sun Florist Shop in Centerville.  The event was held to feature the shop’s line of Juliska products. In addition to a wonderful display of Juliska, the store featured many floral and greenery displays.

 

sign

 

 

 

 

 

juliska, hutch

  Juliska is a company that “prides itself on bringing elegant European design in its extensive collections of glassware, ceramics, linens, lighting and flatware.”  You can read more about the company at its website, HERE.   This hutch in the shop was filled with Juliska tableware and glassware.  I loved the contrast of the fresh green color against the clean white pieces.

 

 

 

bud vase

I absolutely love these bud and flower vases.  Each piece of Juliska glass is hand-blown, so no two pieces are alike.  Do you see the vase in the background?  I have one in the same design, only in green.

 

 

 

juliska vase

It was a gift from my god-child and niece to thank me for hosting her bridal shower.  I absolutely love it!

 

 

vase 2

Can you see the fluted details on the base of the vase?   Ohio weather has been so dark, dreary, and rainy all week- not conducive to great photo ops!

 

 

 

flask

The stopper for this flask is just SO pretty.

 

 

 

 

bird cages

The shop was filled with lovely displays. These ginormous tree limbs were suspended from the ceiling and vintage bird cages were hung from them.

 

 

 

armilary, tulips, rosemary

Out in the courtyard, this giant globe encircled a rosemary tree planted in a large concrete urn.   Beautiful rose colored tulips were a delightful addition to this vignette.

 

 

 

cloche,concrete books

Back inside the store, this cloche held small concrete books and a small trophy planted with vines and greenery.

 

 

 

chicken

This paper maché rooster was one of many newsprint covered animals. I saw pigs, frogs, and a host of other animals.

 

 

close-up florals

This all white floral display is simplicity at its best. 

                                                                                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was so much to see at this open house. Darla, the shop’s owner, is a talented floral designer and she offers so much inspiration. I only purchased a few plants and a couple of decorative pots that day. I hope they live because they look so pretty displayed en masse on my kitchen table. You do remember that I have a brown thumb, right?  I think I’m going to have to go back into the store for a couple of wedding/shower gifts. Depending on the piece, Juliska can get a bit pricey; but I think the brides will appreciate the beauty of these pieces, don’t you?

It’s going to be another busy weekend. I’m going to the Springfield Antique Extravaganza with the husband on Friday morning .  I’m going to be hunting for another demi-john and will be visiting with a couple of friends who will be exhibiting their goods.  Kathy, from Sylvia’s Vintage Daughter will be there, as well as Carrie, from Junque Magnet- Adventures in Yard Sales.  Hope I find what I’m looking for.  If I do, you might see it in a post next week. That is, if I can get out from under the weight of my sale preparations……     Until then,  have a wonderful weekend. Hope the sun makes an appearance for you- I want some nice weather here, soon!

 

Linking to these parties:

Header Party Link                               Inspiration Friday Graphic

29 comments:

The Tablescaper said...

what a great shop - so many pretties!

- The Tablescaper

Barbara F. said...

Oh I wish I could come to that sale! This is a wonderful shop, I never heard of Juliska. I now will be on the lookout for it here. xo,

Jo said...

What a great store! I hope we can go to Waynesville so let me know where you are

Carol @ There's Always Thyme to Cook said...

What a great shop, such beautiful things!
It's fun to change it up, I like your style!

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

Hi Sue what a great looking shop and sounds like a fun day. Thanks for sharing. Loved that rooster!

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

okay....where can I find those concrete books? And there's a demi-john on my website, but not sure what size you are looking for. You really are a busy lady. Sure wish I lived closer so I could attend the sales Sue. I know you will have great stuff. xo

At The Picket Fence said...

WOW! That is some exciting stuff you have going on Sue! I so wish I could come to your sale and just snatch everything up. Best of luck with it all! :-)
Vanessa

Sharing with Sherri said...

Hi Sue, I don't envy you a bit, trying to to get ready for a rummage sale after having just had one myself. It does feel so good though to clean things out to make room for new stuff!!
Although I've vowed to be much choosier about future purchases to avoid having to have another sale anytime soon!
On that note, that display on the hutch in the florist is totally gorgeous (I'll take one of each;)!! I'm really loving white, green and brown together alot lately, and of course gorgeous glassware too!
Good luck with your sale!
Hugs, Sherri:)

Cindy said...

Wow, what a pretty shop...such talent! Thanks so much for sharing!

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Hi Sue....I have not heard from you since you called. I was wondering what you were up to. I am having a garage sale the same day as your sale....at least that is my hope. Trying to get things organized. I would like to get to Springfield one of these days but already have plans. Have fun and good luck at your sale in Waynesville!~Hugs, Patti

Balisha said...

I love clear glass...so I am drawn to what you have shown here. Good luck with your sale...good weather too. Balisha

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Love shops like that, but I am trying to be good and have put myself on a shopping diet. :-D Hope you do well in your sale - wish I could be there. I have not heard of Juliska.
Have a great weekend.

blessedmom's simple home said...

I remember the first time I ever saw someone blowing glass. It was at a shop on the wharf in San Pedro California when I was a child. I just watched, awestruck by the beauty of it. I still am :-)
Good luck with your sale!
Blessings,
Marcia

Made In The South said...

Good Luck on your sale...hope the weather is nice for you.
I thought that I was the only one with a full garage. LOL

Designs on 47th Street said...

Oh how beautiful this shop is Sue. Thanks for taking time to share with us. I would love to visit there! And you busy little bee ~~~ take good care of yourself and stop by for a visit sometime. :)

Donna

Pat said...

I would certainly enjoy browsing this shop, Sue! Beautiful things.

Pam said...

Sounds like you've been a little busy. I'm going to try to get over to Springfield on Friday, if the weather holds up. It will be my first time!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Sounds like so much fun! I love the pretty bottles you shared~ have a great weekend! :)

Betsy said...

How I'd love to be out there shopping. Thanks so much for sharing these wonderful treasures, those bottles are gorgeous. I hope your sale is a huge success.

Debby said...

Hi there. I won't be able to make it to your sale. I'd like to get your way this summer. We'll see if we can get a date set up. Good luck.
Please send me your address for the magnets.

Kathleen said...

Thanks for the tour, looks very interesting.
We've had lots of sadness here of late, haven't posted or visited. Trying to catch up.
Hope you have a good weekend. The sun finally came out today. Funerals and rain, ugh. Hope it stays awhile!

At The Picket Fence said...

Hi Sue! Just coming back by to thank you for linking up to Inspiration Friday...you know we always love having you! :-)
Vanessa

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

I LOVE shops that combine all my favorite things(Flowers Antiques,& Treasures)... I'll have to go back and study the pictures a bit more. I need to first fetch a Java, I believe I'll be here a while!
Thank you for sharing and good luck on your sale! You'll have to show pictures then...
Hugs,
Donna

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

What pretty things, Sue! I love the way they displayed it all filled with flowers! Sounds like you have been busy! Happy weekend!...hugs...Debbie

Rettabug said...

Hey Lady...good luck with your sale! I'm going to check out the links you provided in a minute but wanted to say I ADORE THAT GREEN & WHITE HUTCH DISPLAY!!! I've saved it in my inspiration file so I can attempt to duplicate it soon. Very, VERY nice!!!

Have a great weekend & I hope the rains hold off for you.

Hugs,
Rett

Diann said...

Wow, lots of beautiful things! I wish I could swoop in and just take that entire hutch with everything in it! LOL

A Hint of Home said...

Hi Sue,
What a beautiful display on that hutch!!
I love those glass vases!
Wow, you sure have been busy!
When we put our mulch in this year we went with the double ground hardwood kind. Our neighbor has had this kind and it doesn't fade. His looked the same after a yr., so we chose it for ourselves this time.
Good luck at your upcoming sale!

xinex said...

I would love to see that shop, Sue. So many pretties in it. I think I have seen Julista tablesware on Horchow and Neiman Marcus...Christine

Susie Q said...

You were there? Me too..obviously not at the same time! I miss you!