Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Hey “brothers”- What do you think about this option?

 

Okay, here’s the original furniture that I was set to order last month before I saw the Flexsteel sectional at the High Point Market two weeks ago. It has a lot going for it- it’s comfortable;  it’s made in the states by Swiss Amish craftsmen; and I found the perfect fabrics to go with it.

smith bros sectional

Here’s the husband checking paperwork after having placed an order for the store.   This sectional, made by Smith Brothers of Berne, is as large as the one from Flexsteel that I showed you here. It has tight back cushions and it sits really well- I gave it both the sit test and the lie-down test!  One big difference between the two pieces I’m contemplating  is that it doesn’t have the chaise option that we liked in the Flexsteel sectional.

 

 

smith bros fabrics

Here’s a closer look at the fabrics I chose. The body of the sectional would be made up in this nubby oatmeal and gray fabric.  I’m opting for two lumbar pillows in the solid aqua fabric, just as you see here to the left. I would cover the buttons with the sofa fabric for a little bit of contrast.  The sectional comes with four pillows. Two of the pillows would be fringed and covered front and back in the floral fabric shown. The other two would be floral on one side and the opposite side would be backed with gray leather sewn into diagonal quadrants. I’m marrying traditional with the more contemporary with this option.

 

 

armless chair

Oh my, this photo is blurry~ that’s what happens when you use the husband’s Blackberry and you don’t know what you’re doing!   I selected two of these armless chairs. They would be covered in the same floral as the pillows on the sectional. You probably wouldn’t think this style would be comfortable, but it really is!

 

 

 

Here’s what the fabric looks like made up on another style chair.

chair fabric

 

 

 

 

gray leather recliner

And because Mr. Sullivan wanted to add in some leather, I let him pick this clean lined gray leather recliner.  It’s soft like buttah, as well….

 

My options are two totally different looks, wouldn’t you say?  The Flexsteel option is predominantly leather, with two chairs done up in fabric, while the Smith Brothers only has one piece done up in leather.  I’m going to see how the Smith Brothers fabrics react to the changing light in the room tomorrow.  I think it’s supposed to be a sunny day. Of course,  our unpredictable Ohio weather could bring us yet another dark and dreary rainy day. Here’s hoping….

 

Now, if any of you are following the Royal Wedding preparations, you have to watch this video. It is just hilarious!  I don’t think the royals could ever be this much fun!

 

 

Hope all of you have a wonderful Easter celebration this weekend! Try not to eat all those delicious goodies that the Easter Bunny brings you, ok?

21 comments:

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Sue, I love the sofa and those fabrics!! LOVE!! It is all going to look absolutely stunning!

Lou Cinda

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Hummm...... I like them both. Looking forward to seeing what you decide.
Happy Easter!

Marydon said...

Love the choices, anxious to see it in your home.
TTFN ~
Happy Easter my friend,
Marydon

Olive Cooper said...

Sue, this one would be my choice but you must pick which one is most comfortable for you. I love the floral fabric and slipper chairs. ♥O

Blondie's Journal said...

Oh, decisions! I love everything you've shown us, but I know it's nice to get other opinions. I do like both leather chairs you showed us and I'm not a big leather fan unless it really fits the room. I like this sofa, too. The fabric sounds great! I wish you luck.

Have a Happy Easter, Sue!

XO,
Jane

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

Bobby g. has a great big butter soft leather sectional in his room which is so comfy to use. I also love Flexsteel of which I have had two sofas....excellent quality. My first flexsteel I passed on to a friend only because I got tired of it. Still looked brand new after 20 years. It was nubby oatmeal color. Guess I am no help at all...LOL...Happy Easter Sue

Debby said...

Love the fabrics, colors and style. Good luck choosing. That gray leather chair looks so comfy.
Happy Easter to you and Mr. Sullivan.

Marydon said...

It's me again, Sue ... no blogger has been 'playing' with my blog/data/dashboard/etc. I am originally from WA ST, but live in MD. near Frederick. Where are you in OH?

TTFN ~ Marydon

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

I like them both Sue...but I do like that leather sectional with the chaise. I think I would like it with the patterned fabric chair instead of the gray leather. It might be too much leather? I don't think I have ever picked the right sofa just by testing it out in the showroom. It takes time living with it to make me happy and it usually doesn't....and that upsets me after spending all that money. Good luck in your decision and Happy Easter to you and Murph! ~Hugs, Patti

Entertaining Women said...

I emailed you the recipe for the Sweet Potato Biscuits. Let me know if you want any of the others. Cherry Kay

Barbara F. said...

Hard decisions! But all really nice choices, I don't think you would go wrong with any of them. But I love the blue and brown chair. xo,

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

I love, love, love that sofa, the chairs with the bold print and your hubby's leather chair! Perfect choices!

Sarah said...

I don't think you'd be disappointed with either choice. Nice to have options! I look forward to seeing the room when all is in. Happy Easter! ~ Sarah

Linda Anne Young said...

The furniture is fabulous! i like the patterned chair. My friend from Greensboro was there in High Point, working for the man that has the show! The video was cute, brought me a chuckle!
Happy Easter! ;)

Betty's corner of the world said...

Hmmmmm??? I know I'm no help cuz I love them both ..but from the looks of your beautiful home, I know you will pick the right one for you... They are both beautiful so I would go for "comfy".
Happy Easter ..hugz...Betty

PS...love the wedding ...lol

Carol said...

Tough decisions! Whatever you choose, it will look fantastic, I'm sure! Happy Easter to you and your family!
LOL @ the video!

Pam said...

I always wanted an armless chair. I don't know, I like both options. I do really like that floral fabric though.

Did you see that Polly is going to be part of a barn sale in May? I think it's the weekend after the Marysville one. It looks like it's going to be a good one.

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

Oh, my gosh! That is SO funny!
I LOVE the floral fabric!

Diann said...

Sue I love the sectional you chose and the fabric of the chairs! I bet you can't wait to finally get them home!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I love that sectional and that big modern floral fabric for it! I want to do the same with our sectional, reapholster it to something in a modern pattern. I like yours a lot! Like hubby's recliner in leather too. So, is it now home yet Sue? Do post the new decorations, please.
Hope you had a nice Easter Sunday and thanks for dropping by sweetie.
FABBY

Erin said...

I am still loving that gray chair!!!