Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Easter Breakfast Table

I’m don’t like to miss a party and I really wanted to make a showing at Vanessa’s and Heather’s Easter party, as well as Laurie’s Favorite Things this weekend, so I here’s a re-post of last year’s Easter breakfast table. I only have a few things set out for Easter this year, and most of them mimic what I did last season. Even still, I haven’t gotten around to taking photos of anything!  So whether you recall seeing this last year, or you are new to it today, I hope you’ll enjoy it.  The husband and I will be alone for Easter this year, as our son is now living in California; but we’ll be sharing Easter dinner with our sister-in-law and her family.  I’ll probably just set a simple breakfast table for the two of us and we’ll have bacon, eggs, toast, and fruit.  Now if I can only find those bunny plates I bought on clearance last year…..   Do you forget where you put things, too?  

                                                          Sister Saturday Button                                                    favorite  things saturday

 

                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ Re-post from March 28, 2010 ~

                                                                                     New size 125 tall 

This is my first time participating in Susan’s  84th Tablescape Thursday. I’ve set a really simple table by using a lace tablecloth that I found at a yard sale last fall. To add a little color, woven straw placemats in spring green were used for each of the place settings. White dinner plates and floral luncheon plates and bowls were placed on top of them.  Nothing fancy, by any means~ just pretty, pastel, spring colors that let us know that a new season is upon us.  

 

table1

 

 

t12

The centerpiece of the table is a large cloche covering a moss covered basket filled with speckled wooden eggs. A garland of faux dogwood blossoms encircles the bottom of the dome.

 

t13 

 

 

settings

Each luncheon plate and bowl has a different bouquet of flowers embellishing it.

 

 

t8 

I used two different colored napkins and wrapped them with faux tea roses and ivy.  I alternated pink and green egg cups to the right of the napkins and  vintage green juice glasses to the left.

 

t10

Who wouldn’t want to eat a soft cooked egg from this sweet little eggcup?

 

 

t7

A small iron stand holds salt and pepper shakers, as well as a sugar bowl.

 

 

t15

This little bunny is holding a watering can and is ready to get her garden growing.

 

 

bunny

And this rabbit looks as if he is ready for a snack.

~~~~~

I’m looking forward to eating a nice breakfast casserole and some fresh fruit,  as well as enjoying some pomegranate juice and a hot cup of coffee on Easter morning. I might even add a chocolate egg or some jelly beans as my dessert!  Do you get dessert with breakfast?!

 

Hugs,

 

 

                                                                                                                                               Hey  Y’all…..

                                                                              Don’t forget my book give-away.  Deadline for entry is Sunday. 

                                                                                                                                    bookgiveawaybutton

                                                                                                                                                       click button to link      

23 comments:

Bella Michelle said...

I love your basket under the cloche! It looks wonderful! I haven't put out much this year, as we won't be home for Easter due to when the children's Spring Break falls but have enjoyed seeing others! Happy Spring!

Blondie's Journal said...

This is a beautiful table, Sue, and it wouldn't be Easter without a little whimsy! Love your dishes {hope you find your bunny dishes...I completely lost my spring box in storage. Your cloche centerpiece is wonderful! And your menu sounds perfect...it is making me hungry for breakfast, which is late today! Thanks for the repost!

I hope you are having a good weekend. We have cold and rain...how about you?

XO,
Jane

Penny @ The Comforts of Home/Lavender Hill Studio said...

What a beautiful table!! I would love to have Easter breakfast there...
Hugs,
Penny

At The Picket Fence said...

So beautiful Sue and brand new to us, so I'm glad you shared it with us at Sister Saturday! I adore the luncheon plates! Thank you for coming over and sharing your beautiful table with us at Sister Saturday and for sharing Sister Saturday with your readers...it means so much to us! You're the best! Have a beautiful weekend Sue!

Heather

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Fun table Sue! Love that pretty tablecloth and the colorful napkins! Happy Weekend:@)

Barbara F. said...

Just lovely Sue! The colors are so soft and soothing to me. xo.

At The Picket Fence said...

Hi Sue! I know Heather already came by but I just had to stop over too and let you know how much inspiration this gave me. I'm going to be hosting Easter dinner this year (kinda last minute) so this gave me some really great ideas. I especially love the dogwood branches around the cloche! Everything is just lovely! Thanks again,
Vanessa

Secret Garden Cottage said...

What a pretty Easter table setting, Sue. Love all of the spring colors.
Have a great weekend.
~ Jo :)

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

It's just lovely! I love Spring!

Heather said...

Hello! I am visiting from Sister Saturday. What a lovely spring table! Just perfect for a delicious Easter breakfast!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I remember this post, and enjoyed seeing it again. Breakfast casserole sounds wonderful. I put very little out for Easter and did that mainly for the grands when they come. Other things going on and I have let time get away from me.
Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Kathleen said...

I hope you remember where you put your plates. Do I ever do that? Is the Pope Catholic? :)
Lovely table, love the cloche!

A Hint of Home said...

Your table is adorable and so colorful! Love the centerpiece! Your dishes and bunnies are soooo cute.
My cleaning is finally coming to an end and I survived the dust, Sue. My body is another matter. I feel like I've been hit by a truck. lol
Have a great Sunday!

Carol said...

Beautiful table, I love those floral dishes, so pretty!
If you know where I put my stainless dutch oven, let me know, cause I can't find it.

Kristi said...

Love your egg cup!! What a beautiful table set up!

{HUGS}
kristi

http://ishouldbemoppingthefloor.blogspot.com/

Rettabug said...

I'm SO glad you reposted this pretty table, Sue, as I never got to see it last year! How did I miss it???!!!

LOVE that beautiful, tall cloche you own. So many possibilities with that.

We're backwards from you...the g'kidlets will be here for brunch after church but we'll be alone for the evening meal. LOL Too bad we're so far apart...we could join forces.

Hugs,
Rett

Happy Homemaker UK said...

So festive! I would love to sit at such a pretty table - you have a knack, girl! XOL

xinex said...

I love this table, Sue. I love how you created the cloche with the basket inside and flower vine outside. So pretty!...Christine

Debby said...

Honey, you can have desert any ole time. Beautiful table. Enjoy your Easter.

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Sue, your Easter breakfast table looks so pretty! ~Hugs, Patti

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

What a lovely table setting - especially love the plates with bouquets on them. And yes I forget where I put things that I buy all the time.

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

Sue, I love that moss covered basket. Your table looks so pretty. I always like china that has a different design on each place setting. This design is perfect for Spring. There are days when I feel like I spend all of my time looking for something. Grrrr! I guess if I didn't have so much, I might not spend so much time searching. I skip breakfast completely and go straight to dessert! I'm so glad you linked up. laurie

Erin said...

I love the table...love the colors and the playfulness of the bunnies!