Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

Blue on Blue Bargains…

 

 

Picnik collage

I’ve recently added three more pieces to the blue transferware collection I have in my kitchen hutch.  The large blue plate and the two identical small plates on either side of it were purchased from fellow Ohio blogger and friend, Cindy

 

 

 

 

closeup

I like the large floral pattern on this dinner plate. Lots of flowing vines…   There is  one small residual area of staining on the plate that I’m going to soak with hydrogen peroxide, then bake the plate in a low temperature oven. That added baking step always seems to remove the final bits of darkness in the stoneware.  I paid $10.00 for this beauty.

 

 

lg plate

The two small plates have a pretty lip around the edge and are more delicate in their design than the larger plate.  The two plates were $6.00 apiece.

 

 

 

 

pitcher

Cindy pointed out this small $5.00 pitcher to me at the same booth where she bought some brown transferware  at  last weekend’s Scott’s Antique Market.  Its color is much more subdued than the blues in the other pieces.    I’ve displayed it with my other white pitcher collection on the small shelves on either side of the cabinets by the sink.

pitcher2

The piece has some small hairline cracks in it, but I liked it all the same.  I had some breakage when I was cleaning it up and a small chunk actually broke off, but a little dab of Gorilla instant glue made it look whole in no time flat. 

 

 

 

 

              pitcher                            

 

                                                                                             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

                                                                          Click on buttons to link to the following parties:

 

                                                                                                  Mosaic Monday 

                 mosaic monday

                                                                                                          click to link

 

 

 

                                                                                                  Blue Monday   

                                                                                          blue monday

                                                                                                            click to link    

 

 

                                                                                                  Table Top Tuesday

                                                                                         Table Top Tuesday

                                                                                                          click to link

 

 

                                                                                                  Junkin Finds Friday

                                                                                       junkin finds friday

                                                                                                         click to link

                                                                                                                                                                                                 Favorite things Saturday

                                                                                                                                                     

                                                                                                     favorite  things saturday

                                                                                                                  click to link

39 comments:

Jo said...

Very pretty!

Brenda Kula said...

Ooh, how pretty! I love the blue and white combo so much.
Brenda

SmilingSally said...

I love those blue and white transferware pieces.

Happy Blue Monday, Sue.

Sunny simple life said...

What a great buy on that plate and I loooove that little pitcher.

At The Picket Fence said...

That is so funny Sue! I just added a few more blue/white pieces to my collection. :-) I absolutely love yours and that pitcher is just darling!
Vanessa

Glenda/MidSouth said...

You have a very pretty collection! I really like the small plates with the castle (?) on them.

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

I always go back to blue and white...love a lot of colors but the blue and white just can't be beat!!! You have some gorgeous pieces!!!
Have a beautiful (blue and white) week!!!

Blue Ridge Altered Art said...

I love your blue and white transfer dishes. I have quite a few and love them too. They make such a statement in your hutch. ~~Sherry~~

A Hint of Home said...

I love, love those dishes! I've always said, blue and white is so classy together!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Beautiful blue plates. I love that little pitcher. I bet they all look great together.

Donnie said...

You have some beautiful pieces. Very pretty.

Pam said...

Blue and white plates are always a hit with me. That pitcher from the antique fair is very pretty. I had to laugh when you said you had some breakage when you've cleaned it. Been there and done that. I tend not to see hairline cracks until after I buy it and it's soaking int he sink!

Carol said...

Very pretty plates, nice addition to the collection! The pitcher is really lovely! I just love blue, my favorite!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

The plates look great in your hutch Sue-enjoy:@)

Miss Char said...

Great collection Sue, as I've said a million times I'm such a sucker for all things blue. I particularly love the little blue and white pitcher.

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

Sue you always have the best displays...I love the blue white and black..very classy looking!

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Hi Sue...Your new header looks great! No double lines! The blue and white really pops on that hutch! Great deals from Cindy!~Hugs, Patti

Kathleen said...

Love that blue and white! Beautiful display.
I got some bargains too!

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

There's nothing more classic than blue and white. I love that little pitcher, even if it is losing pieces. I think it's nice you use them.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Sue, I love the blue and white and I had read that Scott's here in Atlanta is in Ohio after here. That is cool.

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Sue, Love your new plates and pitcher! Blue and white transferware is my absolute favorite.
Hugs,
Sherry

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Hi Sweet Sue!

Oh my gosh... I am crazy about your blue transferware.... It's just yummy. I'm on a huge blue kick right now.... I'm going to have to be cautious this time around. The last time I had BLUE FEVER I did every room in our little house blue.....in the eighties... I swore off blue FOREVER.... yep, that didn't last.... It's just such a PERFECT color.

I love the tip about the baking the plate. I didn't know that would work. I'll try to tuck that away in the memory bank....seems that things often get lost in there though.


Huggies!
Spencer

Pat said...

These are gorgeous Sue! I absolutely love blue and white "crockery":-).

Jingle said...

delicate blue sets.
love the refreshing or clean looking.

Happy Tuesday.

Lisa said...

These are all beautiful, and I never knew they were called transferware until I started reading blogs.

Cheers,
Lisa x

Janet said...

Sue,

I love the big plate; I had a service for 8 of that pattern back in 1987, but all I have left seem to be the soup plates. I still love that pattern.

Janet

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

Sue, I love blue and white china, and you have some really pretty pieces. Your mosaics are so pretty too. laurie

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Sue,
Love how pretty they are and THRIFTY too!!!

Blessings,
Linda

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Yikes! I don't know how I missed this post! I love transfer ware and blue is my favorite color. The pieces are just lovely, enjoy!

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Thanks for stopping by! If you want to grow herbs, start small. You need plenty of sunshine, good soil and water. If you don't have good soil, try using seafood compost (from your garden center) mixed with potting soil and peat and you will be rewarded! You can also plant them in pots, just keep them watered! You'll love them. I'd start with oregano, sage, thyme, and lavender! Good luck!

Mary Ellen said...

I have such a weakness for little creamers. Yours is just so sweet!! I am seeing lots of blue in blogland lately and think I might just have to start collecting!

Snow all day here!

bee blessed
mary

A Few Pennies said...

Beautiful display of blues! I'm really starting to like blue transferware lately too--looks so good with all the whites I use in my house. Love your postings.

Sharing with Sherri said...

Hi Sue just stopping by to say hello and let you know I was thinking of you.... I love your beautiful blue and white dishes!

I hadn't heard of removing dark spots on dishes with hydrogen peroxide before, thanks for the tip I'll have to give that a try!

Have a nice weekend,
Sherri:)

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

How pretty blue and white combo!
You have a great blog..nice pics, lovely writeups :)
Welcome to my CSN giveaway on my design blog..
http://rainbow-thecoloursofindia.blogspot.com/

Hugs
Sanghamitra.

Ms. Bake-it said...

I am a blue and white addict and have been since I was 18. Love your collection and especially the little creamer you got at Scott’s Antique Market.

~ Tracy

Diann said...

How beautiful! Every single piece is gorgeous!

Rachel Noelle said...

LOVE your blue and white pieces Sue!!! Hugs, Rachel ;)

French Farmhouse 425

Jaybird said...

Greetings,
The blue and white is beautiful...especially the little creamer!!
Could you elaborate on the peroxide/baking information. That really sounds like something that I need to know :^)
Many thanks,
J

Sue said...

Jaybird- I'm hoping you will see this- You are a "no reply" comment blogger so my e-mail to you won't reach you. Please contact me again so that I can reply to a valid e-mail address. Thanks- Sue