Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

♪ ♫ ♪… Up On The Fridge Top, Santa’s Pause… ♪ ♫ ♪

 

I had been humming the song  “Up on the rooftop, reindeer pause…”  for a several days in a row when it inspired me to place some Christmas decor up on top the refrigerator. In my opinion, the top of the refrigerator should never be bare, much less during the Christmas season, so I allowed some Santa’s to pause and play on the top of mine!

 

 

2

I found all of these Santa figures at Kohl’s and just love them.  So much, in fact, I ordered four more styles online today at the greatly reduced price of $12 apiece.  

 

 

traditional santa

This traditional Santa holds a  long “Nice” list. I’m happy to see that my son’s name is on it!  I guess Daniel was a good boy this year!

 

 rowe pottery 

In front of this Santa is a large basket filled with greens from the yard and some traditional blue pieces from Rowe Pottery. I bought these at the furniture market many years ago, when we carried the Rowe line in the store.  They add a nice change from the traditional red and green Christmas colors in the rest of this vignette.

 

 

 

cinnamon stick santa's

 

Cinnamon stick Santa’s were stuck into the basket, as well. 

 

4

Just look at the face on the jolly old elf!

 

 

 

santa's bike

 

This is my kind of Santa-  He  has a special delivery of some red wine, just for me. I looked for my name on that “Nice” list but couldn’t find it.  Maybe I was on another list and this is my consolation gift…

 

 

8

 

 

 

chef santa

This chef Santa is bringing some bubbly to the table. Do you see the little snack of breadsticks in his coat pocket? 

 

 

 

sepia Santa vignette

 

I still have a few gifts to wrap and some grocery shopping to do, but it’s nice to know I’m finally able to relax and enjoy this final week before Christmas.  Once again, here is wishing all of you a Happy Holiday Season and a Very Merry Christmas! 

                                                                                                                         

26 comments:

Kathleen said...

Oh what sweet decorations. Love that Santa! Did you ever make those Santa sticks. I had good intention, bought the cinnamon sticks, but it didn't happen!
No frig top here, a built in frig, cabinets on top to the ceiling. More room for dishes, and one less thing for me to dust!
Hope you and Mr S have a very blessed Christmas!

La said...

Love the cinnamon stick santas. I love the whimsy this vignette represents.

Merry Christmas! Santa La

Debby said...

Love your Santas. Glad you have time to enjoy. I am enjoying this week as well. You should get together with my granddaughter to sing. She was singing non-stop, the same song and others yesterday at the Cheesecake Factory. When I took her to the bathroom she was singing in there. A lady washing her hands even sang with her.
Have a Good Christmas.

Sharing with Sherri said...

I'm with you that the frig top is as good a place as any for a display! All your Santa's are really cute! I love those darling cinnamon Santa sticks too, what a great idea!
I'm sure you were somewhere on Santa's nice list! You are definitely on mine!!

Have a wonderful Christmas Sue!!
Hugs, Sherri:)

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Sue, such a cute Santa vignette. I hope you have the best Christmas ever!

Gail @ Faithfulness Farm said...

Loving it all...those cinnamon stick santas are something else!!

CHRISTmas Blessings!
Gail

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

This is absolutely adorable. I love all of your Santas. This year I managed to find a couple at GW and I am having so much fun with them. I love the basket also, what a great idea and the cinnamon stick santas, that is pure genius. I really, really love it all.

Thanks so much for your visit and your kind comments, I always appreciate them. Your suggestion to put a demilume table under my little wall vignette is fabulous. I will definitely be on the hunt. How fun would that be. I hope you and all your family have a very blessed Christmas. Hugs, Marty

Dishesdone said...

Love the decorations, what a Santa collection! Fantastic! And the cinnamon sticks are the sweetest! Love those!

Wishing you and your family the Merriest Christmas!

Brenda Kula said...

I love your jolly St. Nicks! I'm ashamed to say that I have things like cereal and snacks atop my fridge...
Brenda

A Hint of Home said...

Super cute Santas, Sue!
Wishing you a Merry Christmas!

JunqueMagnet said...

Looks fun and festive.Our refrigerator is topped with a yet to be completed (two plus years now) paint-by-number of our home.Wondered if you'd heard about the Junk-a-Mania show in Dayton in February?I'm on the fence as to whether or not to get a booth - so far they've been looking for vendors via Craigs List...hmmm.Thoughts?I'll be meeting up with the folks at the Warren County Fairgrounds soon to see about renting a space on the grounds for an Occasional Show next year.Wondered if you might be interesed in being a vendor and/or shopping it - NATURALLY!!!

Miss Char said...

Love your Santa collection Sue each and everyone of them has a special story I bet. I recognized the Rowe pieces right away. I worked with Rowe and Rockdale both of Cambridge Wisconsin for many years and still have several pieces in my home. Thank you so much for sharing and Merry Christmas.

Pam said...

What a cute Santa vignette. I'll have to check out Kohl's collection. You can never have too many Santas.

Olive Cooper said...

Sue, the top of the frig is adorable and the santas are happening people. Happy Christmas!

Balisha said...

I've made hundreds of those cinnamon stick santas. They were a good seller back when I did crafts. Those santas were on top of the cupboards at the party we went to on Sunday. I think that they had 10 of them. She mixed greens with white lights with the santas. I love them too. What a great buy.
Balisha

salmagundi said...

Those Santas are special with such personality. Great vignette! Merry Christmas to you and yours. Sally

Susan said...

All your Santa's are adorable!!

Blondie's Journal said...

Oh...this is so sweet, Sue! Love that you decorated the top of the fridge, but I would have this front and center! LOVE your Santa's. Is my name on that list?

Thanks for the tip on the sale at Kohls. I have to rush over. I LOVE old world Santa's.

Happy Holidays to you and yours! :-)

XO,
Jane

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Love your Santas - especially the one delivering the wine and the one with the bread sticks in his apron pocket. I got a lot accomplished today - it is a zoo out there!!
Have a great week.
Glenda

Lori E said...

Looking good Ethel. I am coveting your Santas of course. I am not much of a blue fan but that blue guy really caught my eye.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love your Santas and especially the one with the wine! Very cute!

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

Oh my Sue, you have the cutest Santas. My MIL just told me the other day she has 14 Santas! Can you believe I have NONE? Now I do have plenty of snowmen. I will be on the hunt. Thank you and mIL for the inspiration! Merry Christmas to you and your family. Debbie

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Sue,
You have an awesome Santa collection...thanks for sharing it with us. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

Blessings,
Linda

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

I love the whole vignette. I'd love to decorate the top of my fridge, but it always seems to be the place my family puts the extra chips from the grocery store. (Our pantry isn't quite large enough for a family of 8).
I love your Rowe pottery!
Have a wonderful Christmas:-)
Blessings,
Marcia

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Christmas Blessings to you and your family, From my mountain to yours Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Sue "m about 2 hours from Merced...see you when and if you get to Claif. Next time we'll meet for Lunch...

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

Oh more great Santas! Love the one on the bike. i have that one with the list. Love the way you've arranged them with the greenery. laurie