Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Honey, I’m Home….

 

For the next two days, anyway…. Then I’m off to the High Point Furniture Market for some fun AND some work!!

Being in Florida was a BLAST!  I enjoyed the company of two special friends that I’ve known for almost 20 years;  I witnessed the wedding of their daughter, Riane; and I added wedding coordinator to my repertoire of accomplishments! 

Yes, I’m tootin’ my horn and saying that I have a few things that I can do well.  *grin*

I worked with a fun group of people- Alan,the caterer; the church ladies; Anna, the dress shop owner; and Ian, the Scottish DJ.

BTW, did you know that a true Scot does NOT wear anything underneath his kilt?!    Hmmmm…..

kim, rick, sue 

We walked along the white, sandy beach in Destin on my last full day in town and I was amazed at how clear and warm the water was! I’m used to California beaches, with their rocky coasts, and cooler water. 

Think Big Sur!

I was tired from the whirlwind weekend of wedding events, but I couldn’t leave without seeing the clear gulf waters. 

I’m busy getting organized for my North Carolina trip, so I’ll be out of the loop until I get back from market next week. Can’t wait to see all the new and hot styles and colors for furniture and accessories!

We’re driving down, so I hope the colors in the trees will be as magnificent as they were last fall. I’ll catch up with all of you once I get back.

                                                                                         

14 comments:

Debbie said...

We just came home from VA and the leaves are changing fast..they are gorgeous. Glad you enjoyed your trip!

A Hint of Home said...

I'm jealous--you got to walk the beach. Looks like fun.
I love going to NC furniture shopping. Enjoy your trip.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip to Florida. Have a wonderful trip to NC. Take lots of pictures and looking forward to hearing about your trip.
Hope you are having a good evening.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Forgot to add - Yes, I have heard that about the kilt wearing Scot before ! :-D

Pat said...

Sounds like a fun time, Sue!

La said...

Thank you for answering the age-old question of what is going on under those kilts. :o)

Have a fun and safe trip to NC. La

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Hi Sue...Welcome home, if only for a few days. Looks and sounds like a good time in Florida! Have a safe trip down to NC...should be seeing a little color going that way! See ya when you get back!~Hugs, Patti

Life with L said...

Oh, how lucky you are to see all the new furniture lines. Glad you liked my baker's rack with a hood and lights. Thanks for the nice comments. Enjoy yourself and take it the scenery. Linda

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

I'm glad you had fun and were a success at wedding planning! We spend so much time on the Florida Gulf Coast that I forget all ocean water isn't like that. Isn't it gorgeous?

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

You are a busy woman, Sue, and this is awonderful photo...you look so happy!

Have a safe trip to NC ...I can't wait to see the photos of the new trends you find.

Happy leaf peeping!

Kathleen said...

Great pic, lady! Glad you had a good time.
Still warm here and people still going in the water. But that will end soon!
Have a great trip!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

What BEAUTIFUL people!!! :):)

Pat said...

I think you should go back and get that creel Sue.:-) I found mine on ebay. I would love to have an old one.

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Sue, you were in my neck of the woods, kinda sorta...lol We always vacation on the Gulf Coast and I do think it has the MOST beautiful beaches. They took a hit this summer with the oil spill but are rebounding!

Glad you had fun in the midst of all the busyness!

Lou Cinda :)