Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Insane Asylum for Sue?

 

 

Ever feel as if this is where you might belong?

 

asylum

          I feel this is where I might be headed soon….

I saw this sign on a vintage window at the Springfield Extravaganza two weeks ago and it just caught my eye. I wonder why?!  I think I am going nuts!!  These past few weeks have been a blur, with all that is going on around here. And now I am trying to get organized for my trip to Florida next week for a wedding and the furniture market in North Carolina a couple of days after Florida!

The daughter of our good friends, Rick and Kim is getting married Oct. 9.  This will be a fun shin-dig, ‘cause Rick and Kim are absolute hoots!  Kim puts me to shame when it comes to the definition of the words, “Crazy and wild.”  She said we would be meeting the future parent- in-laws together at the rehearsal dinner! Images reminiscent of “Meet the Fockers”  keep coming to mind.  Yikes! And I’m not even related! 

 rick and kim   

Rick and Kim look perfectly normal, don’t they? He’s retired military; they golf & play tennis; they have two perfect kids; they have me for a friend…..   *smile*

But Kim and I are not what you would call ordinary- we are really kinda nutty and often get into situations that have our husbands walking off and pretending not to know us. I know that those of you who know me personally are nodding your heads- I can see you….    uh huh…..

So I’ll definitely try to put my best foot forward when I meet their daughter’s future in-laws. If we’re lucky, Mrs. In-law  will turn out to be just like us and the night will turn out to be loads of fun and mischief!  I’ll have to let you know when I get back. I’m sure Mr. Sullivan is hoping I will behave and not disgrace the family name. He’s not going with me, by the way, so there will be no one to rein me in.

Until then, I wanted to show you what I bought recently. I know that most of you already have something similar to this-  I’m only now jumping on the bandwagon to buy one because I’ve been too lazy to drive over to the fabric store to get linen and paint to create my own.

 

pillow

I found this at Tuesday Morning and love it. Fits just fine against the back cushion of the leather chair in the great room.  I think it adds a little touch of European flair to my eclectic room.  Ooo la la…

And maybe, just maybe~  I’ll get out of the asylum and have enough of a renewed sense of peace and calm so I can get over to Joann’s to purchase what I need to make a pillow of my own.  I’ll let ya know if that happens any time soon….

21 comments:

Southern Queen Bee said...

TOO FUNNY! I am sure they will LOVE you. Susie and I are like that we love to cut up and laugh at things no one else would. Our husbands just look at us as if we are crazy. Being that we are sisters we just say that it runs in the family!
LOVE the pillow, heck I would not make one. That one looks just great!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Sue, I think I am right there with ya. Have a great time!! I love that new pillow. Need to check out my Tuesday morning!

Debbie said...

Sue I would love you and your friend....I am all about mischief and NOT getting caught though LOL!!~ Although the older I get, I am losing my spunk. Have fun...great new pillow.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Well, if we don't hear from you in a reasonable amount of time after the big event, we will know you are locked up somewhere. :-D Seriously - have a great trip.

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Have fun, Sue! It sounds like you will! lol Love the new pillow! Our TM advertised that they had them...wrong! Oh, well! Have a great trip!...hugs...Debbie

Kathy said...

Sue - an insane asylum...nah...not you (but that's just me...ha ha!!). We're all peas in a pod - and if we're happy with that, then all is well! I'm sure the new in-laws will love you!

By the way - love the pillow too.

Have a great time with everything you've got going on!

Hugs, Kathy

Kathleen said...

I hope you have a fun trip, you and the Mr deserve it! Can't wait to hear about it!

Alicia said...

Sue you are too much! When I saw your post title I thought, "Well I know we bloggers are all a bit crazy, but asylum crazy?"

Love the pillow! I want one. I'm going to have to look for some fabric like that as well.

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Sue...Now that I have met you and spent hours on the phone with you(remember that day?) I can say with some authority that....Yes, You are quite crazy....crazy fun, crazy nice and crazy sweet! Your wedding trip sounds like a lot of fun with your friends and then the furniture trip is like icing on the cake! Have a good time and see you when you get back!~Hugs, Patti

Vanessa said...

Hi Sue! I wanted to let you know that yesterday I posted the winner from my prize drawing and it was YOU my friend! I have my email address at my blog and you can email me your address and I will get your gift in the mail to you! I KNOW you will love it!
Vanessa

Jo said...

Can't wait to here abt your adventure! Sounds like you have a busy few weeks...lets plan on getting together when you get back

farmlady said...

I didn't know this about you. I thought you were a very normal person who lives a quiet life in a beautiful home.
Isn't it wonderful to have a friend that's as crazy as you. Have fun at the wedding but try to behave yourself.

xinex said...

Oh Sue, have fun at the rehearsal dinner and wedding. Sounds like a hoot. Your friend and her fiance look alike, they are meant for each other! You are the kind of friend I would love to hang out with, from what you describe here, lol....Christine

thestonerabbit said...

I am finding out SOOOOO many awesome things about you recently! I thought you might be a fun gal to hang out with...now I know you are!!! You guys will have such fun at the wedding festivities.....just behave yourself!! :)

Also, it's so great to find out you were a runner and an aerobics instructor!! I am in awe that you ran your first 5 mi run in such a great time!!! I don't think I'll ever be fast...I just want to finish and not walk during the run. I took your advice and ran some hills tonight. I started with a slow mile jog that took me about 12 min.....then I hit the hills. We live in a neighborhood that was once a dairy farm, so there are many hills to practice on! I selected four of them. The first was long, with a steep incline at the end. I was pretty wiped out by the time I reached the top, but I didn't stop to walk...kept my tootsies jogging....very, very slowly, but they were not walking. Then I jogged a ways....and down another hill, then turned around and jogged back up it! It was a shorter hill, but pretty steep. This was followed by a two more hills. I'm pretty sure I didn't get 3.1 mi in 31 min., but I challenged by endurance with the hills after I'd jogged a mile. I plan on doing that a few times before my 5K on the 16th. I love getting your advice and hearing about your accomplishments. Have a blast on your trip!!! dana

La said...

Hi Sue!

I'm going to Florida next week too. Where are you headed?

I'm going to Fort Pierce which is on the East Coast about 1 1/2 hours south of Orlando. I fly down Wednesday afternoon and then back Sunday morning.

Have a safe and fun trip! La

Secret Garden Cottage said...

FUNNY Post, Sue! Just what I needed to start my day... LOL!! Love your pillow, too... you know I want to get me some grain sack pillows! :)
The next time I come over, I have this feeling I'm going to see ladders and grain sacks... I'll be soooo jealous... LOL!! ;-))
Have a great weekend!
Hugs ~ Jo

shannon i olson said...

great pillow, have a wonderful time at the wedding. If you check in....let me know, I may be joining you!

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Sue...

Girlfriend, sounds like you're in for a fun time!!! You're such a hoot...have loads of fun in Florida!

Well my friend, I just adore your pretty new pillow! You know, I don't have one like it...yet! I really do need to remedy that little problem! I love the look of these pillows! I'm so happy for you! Sue, I just went through your fabulous sunflowers on a tray post! Girl, that is truly the most delicious autumn vignette ever!!! I love your sunflower arrangement...it's sooo grand! Thank you for sharing your autumn pretties with us!

Have fun on your trip, Darlin'!
Warmest autumn wishes,
Chari @Happy To Design

PS...thanks so much for coming by and taking a peek at my autumn mantel! Sure enjoyed your sweet note!!!

Rettabug said...

Move on over, Honey, 'cus I'm joining you at the assylum!! It has been just crazy around here for weeks.

Have a FAB time at the wedding!! Take pictures!!

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

I love that sign! LOVE IT! I'd hang it in our family room and love it some more.

Have a great time at the wedding! Hopefully, they'll be a little bit insane and you'll all hit it off. :D

Susie Q said...

Love all the recent finds and what you did with the great treasures from CL fair! It was a fun day!
I know your wedding trip is coming up soon and what fun you will have!!
SO glad you stopped by Sat to show me your treasures!
Look forward to seeing what your talented hand does with them!
Love ya,
Sue