Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Cloche Call…

 

Oh my! It was a close call tonight. I almost missed the cloche party! I have been so busy organizing all of my newly purchased furniture and accessories from a fantabulous yard sale, that I neglected to put together my cloches!  I rushed to put together  a few ~ Sorry that I didn’t use a lot of ingenuity this time, but I hope you’ll enjoy seeing them, anyway.

 

 

 

 

wire cloche1

This black, wire cloche in one of the guest rooms was a thrifted find from a favorite shop in Tipp City. It was very simple, so I added a small crystal doorknob from my collection as a topper. I just used a little dab of E6000 glue to hold it in place.

I placed it over a blue and white luncheon plate that was a yard sale find. Although it isn’t blooming any longer, the African Violet adds a nice touch of greenery.

door knob

The knob fit absolutely perfect into the top of the cloche. It must have been meant to be.

 

 

 

 

 

 

mirror and wire cloche 2

The top of the cedar chest needed a little something to make it look homey, so I used another wire cloche and featured two blue love birds and their nest. The cloche sits on an old round mirror base and lends a nice reflection of everything inside. The nest is an old strainer filled with moss.  I purchased the mirror and cloche from my friend, Kathy from Sylvia’s Vintage Daughter. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

b3

A simple cutwork doily sets the basis for this pedestal cloche on the dining room table.  I set the  cloche on a glass and wood tray and added a few accessories.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

bird 

The candles are lit for a bit more ambience.

 

 

dr1

 

 

 

 

 

Simple, yet elegant…

dr

 

 

 

bell

I actually thought that the dinner bell, topped with a sweet little bird, looked like a cloche, too.

~~~~~

I have so many pretty yard sale purchases to show you. Look for them on Monday for Rhoda’s Thrifty Treasures party.

Cloche Party copy click on button to visit

Make sure you stop over to Marty’s party where I guarantee you will find oodles of beautiful and inspirational cloches. Her party-goers go “all out” for this meme.

30 comments:

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

I noticed the glass knob on the first cloche right away-looks great, love it!

Lori E said...

Oh you meant the little domes (cloches) I thought you were slurring your words Ethel. I don't have a single one. Yours are so different and interesting.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I won't pick a favorite - like them all!! I almost forgot also.
Have a great weekend!

farmlady said...

These are lovely. I didn't know you could use wire for cloches. I thought they had to be glass. That's how much I know.
This is actually more what I like. Especially on a mirror. I love the reflection and the way the wire enclosure looks like it continues through the mirror. Beautiful!!
This inspires me to try one. Thanks.

Kathy said...

Lovin the cloches...
Have a wonderful weekend Sue.
Hoping all's well there.
xoxo~Kathy @
Sweet Up-North Mornings...

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

These are wonderful, Sue. I especially like the wire cloches.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I just loved that old black wire cloche! The other one as well. Now I am going to be on the look out for something like that. (actually JUST like it) :)

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

I am so loving all of the beautiful wire cloches today! I think I may need to find a few of those! All of yours are beautiful!

I can't wait to see all of your new goodies!

Enjoy!
Cathy

Francie of The Scented Cottage said...

Simple and elegant indeed...love them.

Stacey said...

Hi Sue. :) I absolutely adore your wire cloches. Must go out and find some of those for my house too.

Hey, yesterday I was reading old magazines and ran across the Traditional Home that has your tobacco basket in it. I can definitely see how that inspired you to try something similar. It's gorgeous!

xinex said...

So many pretty cloches, Sue. Love the crystal bell and the wire ones the best..Christine

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh I love your wire cloche with the glass knob. So pretty. All of your displays are beautiful. Using the tray to hold the cloche makes such a fabulous vignette. So many great idea. Thanks so much for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

Marsha (Sassy Mini Dolls) said...

I just LOVE your wire cloches!!! Fabulous!!!

I've been a miniaturist since 1996 when I built my first dollhouse, instant obsession! The miniature world has seen a decline in the number of people that are involved in miniatures so it's good to hear that perhaps there is a renewed interest!!

Thank you so much for stopping by and visiting!

Brenda@Cozy Little House said...

The glass bell DOES look like a cloche! Love your displays. I got behind and missed this one myself.
Brenda

Ana said...

Hi Sue,
Love, love, love your wire cloches! Oooo, and it looks like you're a birdie lover too. I ♥ little birdies. Great displays. Have a wonderful weekend.

Smiles,
♥Ana~A Petite Cottage

La said...

HI Sue!

I was thinking about you this morning as I was painting my bathroom in this humid weather.

My aunt and uncle lived in Tipp City. The addition of the doorknob really made your cloche pop.

Hope to see you in Mansfield next Saturday! Have a great weekend! La

Beverly @My Sew Sweet Studio said...

The glass knob on the wire cloche is such a nice touch.
I love to put birds under my cloches too.
The dinner bell does look like a cloche too.
Very pretty...all.

imaginationlane said...

My goodness, Sue..if this was last minute I must say you did a stellar job! Your cloches all look beautiful, though I'll admit I was so taken by your banner picture that I had trouble moving on. I emigrated to Canada with my family from Belfast in the fifties and still have an Irish heart!

I'm most certainly signing up to follow and will happily grab your button to put on my site. It's been grand visiting with you...I'll come back again!

Lynette

someplace in thyme said...

Oh Sue, I am so glad you made the party, I would have missed seeing so much beauty in one place. Your cloches are gorgeous, Char

someplace in thyme said...

Hi Sue, just email me at cpeterson72@q.com and let me know what you would like. Thankyou so much for your kind words, Char

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

Sue, I love that first wire cloche and can't believe you found it at a yard sale! The doorknob is a pefect topper for it. I also love that sweet little tea pot beside it. I have been looking for one of those pretty round mirrors forever, and they are always so expensive, and I'm too tight to buy one. I love yours. Your table centerpiece looks so elegant. Sounds like you found ANOTHER wonderful yard sale. I can't wait to see what you got! laurie

awal.ny said...

I like your cloches but my favorites are the wire one with glass knob and the hand made one. I think it looks like it was made from garden wire edging. What a neat idea.

Cabin and Cottage said...

Your arrangements are great! I love the wire domes! That knob is the perfect topper! Fun! Jacqueline

Requi@Tablescaping Escapades said...

How creative, your first cloche is rustic chic. I really like the cloche with the ceramic bird.

All the Best,

Requi

Rettabug said...

Sue, I sure wish I had remembered my crystal bell...it sure IS a cloche!
I'm in love with your dark brown based on on the tray. I could easily elevate my cheese dome on a dark brown candle stick. Thanks for the idea!

Off to hunt down more candlesticks!!

Jennie said...

The wire cloche with two blue love birds and their nest is my favorite so rustic looking and interesting.

Barb~Bella Vista said...

Hi Sue, I love your darling cloches...so lovely!

Thanks for joining the Rooster Party....we will have fun!

Have a wonderful weekend,
Barb ♥

Kathleen said...

You are cloche talented! I love all your applications. :)
I was linked back to you in a post 2 back. Were your ears ringing? :)

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

I think that funky white wire cloches is great...really love that one. You always do a beautiful job with your cloches and I look forward to seeing them.

Sue

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site www.blogger.com
Is this possible?