Pages

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Wedding Day for Annie

 

We just returned from Milwaukee, where we had the pleasure of witnessing the wedding of our niece and god-child, Annie Sullivan.

annie, john

The happy couple, Annie and John Bulfin.

 

 

 

church altar

It was a beautiful wedding, held in an old church affiliated with the parish school where Annie was a counselor.

 

 

rainy kiss

The rain began during Mass, but the wedding party traipsed under umbrellas to Marquette’s Joan of Arc Chapel for photos. Those sure are  stylish rain boots under Annie’s raised gown!

 

 

 

ballroom

We stayed at the historic Phister Hotel, site of  the wedding reception.  This picture, from the hotel’s website, shows the ballroom where the reception was held.  Check out the ornate ceiling and the chandeliers. 

 

 

 

cindy,kevin2

Our table was the rowdiest at the reception and for once, it was not my fault!  Our nephew’s girlfriend kind of got us going and we toasted ourselves over and over again.  But since I’m usually (okay- ALWAYS) the one who instigates the singing, laughing, and just nuttiness in general, I got blamed!  Cindy doesn’t look at all like the trouble-maker she was, does she? 

 

 

 

cake

Always one to love my desserts, I just had to check out the cake before it was cut.

 

 

 

 

f5

Since we drove to the wedding, I was able to bring home one of the floral centerpieces from the reception.  It is now gracing the foyer table and  making the room smell really sweet.

 

 

 

f1

 

 

 

 

 

f3

 

 

 

 

fading rose

 

 

 

f2

 

 

 

centerpiece collage

~~~~~

I’m so glad that we were able to travel to Milwaukee to celebrate Annie’s wedding. It was Mr. Sullivan’s goal to be able to dance at the reception, and although he is still walks with a limp and can’t fully bend his knee, he still cut quite the rug on the dance floor Friday night!  He’s still working really hard to exercise his knee in order to achieve more flexion.  With his determination and the help of our brother-in-law, Steve, and my girlfriend, Phyllis, I think he’ll make a lot of progress.

~~~~~

I’m linking with Mary at Little Red House for Mosaic Monday. I’m still very new at creating mosaics and haven’t done much experimenting, but I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing the floral centerpiece from the wedding.

                                                                 

34 comments:

Lori E said...

What a beautiful bride and a fabulous venue to hold the reception. Wow.
Sure it wasn't you causing trouble Ethel? That is gonna be a tough sell.
Your mosaic is so pretty. I love the hydrangea with the peonies. Great combo.

Terra said...

Thanks for this visit to your niece's wedding. I love the church altar area, and the bouquet you created. I grew up near Milwaukee. Sounds like you had lots of fun, what with the toasting and the singing and all.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

What a great looking couple! Everything is beautiful, and you did a great job on the mosaic!
Thanks for sharing this with us.

Shelia said...

Hi Sue!! Oh, what a lovely wedding this must have been. Your niece is gorgeous and looks so happy! The olden church is gorgeous! That cake, the flowers oh, so pretty.
I knew there was a connection between us - we're little stinkers! :)
This was great!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Barbara Jean said...

Sue,
What a beautiful wedding, and all those flowers, and the reception hall! WOW!!

Lovely bride.

And no, I cannot believe that sweet looking Cindy was the rowdy one!
Want to revise that story? =)

Thanks for coming by. to see my creating place. I am having the same trouble you mentioned right now, cannot remember where i have put anything. Much easier to just pile it all on the table! =)

Blessings

barbara jean

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

What a wonderful wedding Sue! Alice amd John make a beautiful couple! I'm so glad Mr. Sulliban was able to do a bit of dancing as he'd hoped to.

I haven't started my MM as yet! I better get started ...lol!

♥ Pat

Joyful said...

Such a ravishing bride, a beautiful venue, cake and flowers and a handsome couple indeed. May they have a happy and long life together.

Jo said...

What beautiful photos! How wonderful that you were able to be a part of such a special celebration. I didn't know that you had such a streak of trouble making in you ... the things we learn about others ;)

The wedding flowers are just lovely and make for such a sweet mosaic.

Jo

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Sue...Looks like a fun time at the wedding!I love a wedding...especially the reception when it is held in a hotel where we are staying at! Makes it all so convenient doesn't it!? The centerpiece looks so pretty where you have it displayed!~Hugs, Patti

Snap said...

Looks like the wedding was wonderful. Beautiful flowers. So nice to be with family. Have a wonderful week.

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

What a beautiful wedding. The cake was gorgeous. Loved the flowers in the mosiac.

Doro said...

The flowers sure are beautiful, but I bet they smelled even more wonderful.

podso said...

Hi Sue,

What beautiful wedding photos and the flowers and mosaic are just wonderful. Good photography! Thanks for visiting my blogs, and the porch is screens, not glass, but made so someone could glass it in if they wanted to eventually. Have a great week,

dotsie (podso)

Snappy Di said...

The cake! The Peonies! The bride! All were very lovely.

Di

farmlady said...

A beautiful celebration. Love all the photos.
That cake is gorgeous.
Best wished to the lovely couple...

bj said...

OMGosh...that large room with the MAGNIFICENT ceiling...BREATHTAKING!!

What a lovely cake...flowers...bride and groom. It all looks fabulous...and, Sue girl, you did great on your mosaic!!!
xo bj

Lana G! said...

Love it! The flowers are simply stunning!

Kathleen said...

It looks beautiful and sounds like you had a wonderful time! Good for you.
I told you he would be up dancing , but it seemed so impossible then didn't it Sue?

Ashley said...

Wow what a beautiful wedding! Thank you so much for sharing it with us!
-Ashley-

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful wedding photos, the cake looks beautiful and the flowers are gorgeous! The reception hall is a beautiful place for the wedding! Have a great week!

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

Oh, everything looks just beautiful! And it sounds like y'all had a great time!

Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

Thanks for sharing your pretty pictures...the flowers are amazing! I hope you enjoyed Milwaukee (I live in a suburb of Milwaukee)....and I also had my wedding reception at the Pfister Hotel (I was married in 2007!).

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

What a gorgeous wedding. Looks like there are peonies in that arrangement. That is what my daughter wanted at her wedding, but they were not available without shipping them from overseas. Too expensive. Love her rain boots under her dress. Thanks for sharing this wonderful day with us.

Rettabug said...

What a beautiful bride...rain boots & all!! Such a lovely setting for both the ceremony & the reception. I wish them much happiness for many, many years.
I think you did a great job on your mosaics, Sue! Gorgeous floral arrangements!

The Muse said...

i extend the most heartfelt congratulations and wish the couple the best of all days in the future that awaits them!

heavenly photos...just lovely!

i bet you are beaming :)

Pam @ Frippery said...

The weeding, the bride, the church, the reception, the flowers, all gorgeous. Sounds like you had a wonderful time with Mr. S.!

randee said...

the wedding looked beautiful & your photos of the flowers were spectacular! wow, they were good!

Brenda@Cozy Little House said...

I'm loving those boots! What a precious wedding photo that will be framed! The bride is radiant and the groom smiling and handsome. What more can one ask for?
Brenda

Rosemary said...

Thanks for the visit to my blog.
I entered you in my giveaway.
What a lovely wedding your niece had.
Visit again soon,
Rosemary

LillyB said...

The wedding looked beautiful! My daughter just got married!!The flowers are beautiful too on your post!!

Dawn said...

OMGosh, those rainboots make the cutest wedding photo ever!

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

The bride is beautiful, and I LOVE her boots! Now that is a bride who was prepared for anything at her wedding! The flowers from the reception are gorgeous and so are you rmosaics of them! That cake was incredible - it doesn't even look like a real cake - just beautifully decorated stacked boxes! laurie

Susie Q said...

What a truly beautiful wedding!! Wow!
I know you had a sweet time...
I owe you a return call..just underthe weather today but will try to catch up with you in a few days.
Miss you.
Love,
Sue

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

I LOVE weddings! I could go to the wedding of a total stranger and love it and cry like a baby! lol

This one was gorgeous!! Stunning Bride and Groom....many happy wishes to them!

Glad Mr. S is feeling so much better!

Lou Cinda :)