Pages

Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Need for Back-up Batteries…

 

Why, oh why is it that when I actually remember to pack the camera in the car and I’m all set to take  photos, that the “blankety-blank” camera starts beeping at me and displays the following message across the screen- “Time to change the batteries.”    Aaaack!!

It happened to me today when I was shopping at the fantabulous “Lost Creek Garden and Antique Show” outside  of Troy, Ohio. The show was held on private property, with the admission price going to charity. The property was beautiful- lush trees and flowers  throughout the yard, brick out-buildings, a century old farmhouse…. 

2

But who has but just a few pictures of it all because she didn’t pack back-up batteries?  Moi!  I got off a few pictures before the camera screen faded to black.

I wandered the grounds for several hours, visiting booth after booth of primitives, antiques, garden ornaments, plants, and artisan crafts. To say that I was in heaven is an understatement. You know my addiction to shopping for these kinds of things!

1

These hitching posts would be a conversation piece in many a garden. Love the little sign…    So who of you needs a hitching post for your husband?  *grin*

4

Designs such as these are examples of the types of greenery available for sale. I would have loved to have bought multiple planters to take home for the patios. But I remembered that there’s that simple, little matter of the brown thumb I possess.  Those plants could all be dead within a month…..

5

9

I am seriously coveting this old door. The vendor is an acquaintance of mine- Nancy Thomas. She’s the one I drove 40-some miles to shop at her yard sale a couple of weeks ago.

Nancy sells her wares at numerous shows in the area. In fact, she’ll be in Tipp City on June 26 for the Tipp City Street Fair.  Some of you may remember I found lots of goodies at that show last year!  See that post here.

I’m going to tidy up my stash of purchases and get things organized before I post them.  Just wanted to show you where I spent the majority of my day. Right now, I’m waiting for the batteries to finish charging so I can get started on my picture-taking. And you can be sure I’ll  be putting some fresh  batteries into the camera case so I’ll be ready for my next excursion!

12 comments:

xinex said...

Oh Sue, how could you? LOL! I bring extra batteries with me all the time, sometimes and extra camera with extra batteries. I like to be prepared. What a fun place to go . I think I need a bigger hitching post for my huby, lol. Do they come in extra large size? I can't wait to see what you bought....Christine

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Looks and sounds like a fun place to go. Some times my camera beeps and sometimes not, and when the warning sign shows up, usually there is time for only 1 or 2 pics. left. I put a set of backups in the purse I usually carry - NOW if I could just remember to take my camera. :-D
Looking forward to seeing your finds.
Hot and humid here, so no sales for me this weekend.

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

That has happened to me so many times, but I still haven't learned my lesson. The battery on my camera is so expensive that I've never broken down and bought a second one. The photos you did take are wonderful, and really made me wish I could have been there too. Can't wait to see what you bought. laurie

kate said...

so glad your camera lasted a while
love the photos
thanks for letting us peek
kate:)

Claudia@DipityRoad said...

Ohhh I so agree with you. I put my camera in my car most days... and the minute I take it in the house -- i forget and run out and sure enough... no camera.

So, now I have a rule -- only the card and batteries are allowed in the house LOL. AND... I purchased 3 batteries... keeping one in the glove box of my car at all times.

Love your adventure... thanks for taking us along... i am anxious about seeing your wares :)

Hugs GF Claudia

Sandy said...

I'm not sure what kind of camera you have but I found if i just pull the Battery Pac out of my camera and put it back in I get a few more shots...oh well! Such a lovely place to go shopping...
Sandy

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

I would have loved seeing this in person. Gorgeous place!

Looking forward to seeing what you do with your purchases.

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Sue......We've all done that....I always try to have new batteries in my case with me when ever I am away from home. Looks like a great show you went to! The Tipp City Street Fair sounds intriguing too! Love the "hitching post"!~Hugs, Patti

Lori E said...

I pack backups in my camera back and then find out that the charge has not held and I am stuck with two sets of dying batteries.
I have a sidelight door panel that is quite old with lovely dental molding on it. I like that idea but I don't want to take the glass out of it. i will have to get creative.

Susie Q said...

Wow Sue!! I would love to be at this show! I have never heard about it!! Is it an every year thing? Just the coolest stuff and oye. I too am coveting that door! Beautiful.
The hitching posts are wonderful! I definitely use one for Bill! *grin*
Love,
Sue

Kathleen said...

I loved seeing what you did have juice for! Looks like a great place to spend an afternoon!

Barbara Jean said...

oh too funny hitchin' posts!

love the door too.

blessings

barbara jean