Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Request for Prayers

 

dad

It has been some time since I last posted, but I’ve been occupied with  Mr. Sullivan and his injured knee, which turned out to be more complicated than it originally seemed. Last night he was admitted to the hospital with the diagnosis of diabetes and blood clots in his leg. This certainly came as a surprise, since the reason he initially went to the doctor was to find out why his knee had became sore and swollen after a workout a week and a half ago.   He was told by the family physician that he had tendonitis.  Over the next few days, his knee  and leg continued to swell, he couldn’t walk on his leg, and he was taking pain meds every three hours. After a trip to the ER on Saturday and an orthopedic visit yesterday, he was finally sent back to another ER for further testing because the ortho felt he could have some serious vascular or lymphatic issues. 

We spent a long nine hours in the ER  yesterday. Dealing with three different physicians who wanted to do different courses of treatment took its toll on Mr. S.  His blood pressure was  quite elevated, his blood sugar was extremely high, and he was in  a lot of pain from having his knee manipulated for the multiple tests that he had to have done.  He was finally given a regular bed at 9 P.M.  I came home shortly after that and tried to unwind. If I was  tired, I can only imagine the way he  felt. 

So I’m asking  for some prayers from you to help us  get through this diagnosis.  He’ll continue to be hospitalized while they get his blood sugar under control and then they will deal with the blood clots. He’s been given a blood thinner to help with that for now.

There is power in prayer, I think many of us know that, so I’d  really appreciate what you can do. Thanks so much. 

xo     Sue

27 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Sue sweetie...
You've got them. I will be holding you both up in prayer. I am an insulin diabetic and I know the seriousness of our legs, feet, clots and high blood sugars. We are quite delicate actually.

Give Mr.S my best and tell him I have him covered in prayer. The Dr.s have the BEST hands guiding them,and they will figure all of this out and relieve Mr.S of his pain. Please keep us posted.

Country hugs sweetie...Sherry

Kelli said...

I am praying for you and your husband!!

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

Prayers are heading your way (and his). My dad had a similar thing happen with his leg (his ankle got swollen) several years ago and he is fine. He is still on blood thinner and has been told to wear special socks when driving long distances. He also is supposed to get out of the car every hour or so and walk around. Other than that...no issues. I hope it goes as well for your husband.

Sue

Lori E said...

Oh Ethel you know we are all sending positive thoughts for your husbands recovery and for you too. Make sure you take care of yourself too. I am glad it was finally diagnosed properly.

Blondie's Journal said...

Oh, Sue...this is terrible. Of course I will keep Mr. Sullivan (and you) in my prayers. Please keep us updated as you find the time. Take care of yourself...you are still recovering from your injury.

xoxo
Janie

Lou Cinda said...

Sue, I am so sorry to hear this. I have already said prayers for the both of you and will continue to do so. Maybe today he will turn the corner and they will get a handle on this so he will feel better QUICK!!

Please keep us posted!

Hugs to you...

Lou Cinda

The Muse said...

from across the pond...prayers are going up.
for him, for you and for the drs.

(hugs)

Kathleen said...

Of course I will pray for your fine Irish husband! And you too...Things will get better, hang in and keep praying..
I hope they get it all straightened out..very frustrating with all the diff opinions...

Cozy Little House said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
My Crafty Little Page said...

Oh gosh how frustrating and scary. Will keep you both in my prayers. xoxo Nancy

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Yes - You both have my prayers. It is a good thing they kept him in the hospital during all the tests. Blood clots are not something to take lightly.

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

So sorry to hear about this Sue! Keeping Mr S and you in our thoughts and prayers.

Helen said...

Sending you my heartfelt good wishes, lots of positive energy and prayers.

Bill said...

Hi Sue,
Certainly we'll all pray for your husband's diagnosis and recovery process to go well. I'll be thinking of you both and sending positive thoughts and good wishes your way.

Sincerely,
Bill

Twice as Nice said...

Of course we will pray for you and your hubby. Make sure you take care of yourself too. The Twins

Jo said...

Lifting you and your husband up in prayer and sending positive thoughts your way! Waiting is often times the hardest part.

Jo

Susie Q said...

You are both in our prayers and Ihave asked for the prayers of other friends as well...PLEASE call us tonight, in the am, whenever, and let is know what we can do. I can come sit with you, bring you food, run errands for you...whatever you need.
Like I told you earlier today...I am here to help with anything.

Love to you both,
Sue

Gwen said...

You are both in my thoughts and in my heart. Smooches from MurphyGrace too:)

Balisha said...

Hi Sue,
You know that you can count on my prayers. You bloggers were there for me and I will be there to send up prayers for you.I do hope that he gets along OK.Isn't it hard waiting in the ER for someone to tell you something and to finally get a bed? Take care and get some rest,
Balisha

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Sue....I feel so bad that this happened. You two have really had your hands full with your own injury and now this. Please take care of yourself and my thoughts and prayers are with you both.~Hugs,Patti

marmielu said...

Wow, Sue! I feel badly for both of you. I've spent many long hours in the ER with my parents, so I know how draining that can be on the non-patient as well as the patient. I sure will pray.
Mary Lou

Sue said...

Hi Sue...me and the Boss are on board with everyone else in saying prayers for Mr. Sullivan...make sure they monitor those blood thinners every single day. It's something that has to be regulated as not to thin the blood too much.....keep us all posted and i hope he his home and on the mend real soon....Sue.

ALVN of WhisperWood Cottage and Junkologie said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you both!

Amy

Joyful said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joyful said...

Lord I pray for Mr. S. Give his doctors wisdom and excellence in diagnosis and help them heal this knee problem. We ask for you to oversee all things pertaining to this health need and give you all glory for doing so. I ask for peace and strength for Sue and Mr. S. In Jesus's name I pray, amen.

Stacey said...

Sue, I've been out of town and I'm just catching up. I just know you husband will make a full recovery. I will keep him in my thoughts.

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

My Sweet Sue....

Prayers going up........What an ordeal for your darling hubby and family! What a relief to know they have a diagnosis and are on the right path.

Huge hugs and a gazillion wishes for a speedy recovery........

God Bless,
Spencer