The contractor showed up on Tuesday morning and has made some great progress on my new, beefed-up woodwork! This is a sneak preview and I will show more when the project is finally completed.
The original woodwork was basic builder moldings and casings. In other words- narrow. I changed out to a little wider stock and added a back band to beef it up. It has so much more presence now, and looks a lot more expensive. When you enlarge these pictures, you will see that none of the nail holes in the moldings have been filled in yet. That process will take place when all the woodwork has all been completed.
I added a rosette to the corners of the molding instead of mitering the casings at a 45 degree angle.
Here is a shot looking into the front hallway from the great room. The baseboard moldings are now 5 inches high instead of the standard 3 inches.
Hope all of you have a good weekend. Mine will be spent trying to clean up a little. I have been living in chaos since the end of April when the painters showed up and disrupted our household. So, even if the furniture won’t be put back in place for a while, a little dusting and vacuuming will make me feel better. Hugs, Sue