Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2009

More Miscellaneous Market…

 

I wanted to show you some more of the furniture and accessories that we found at the High Point Market last week. I loved the clean, bright looks of so much of these pieces.. Again, for so many, color was still the name of the game.

 

green rug

I was trying to get a shot of the inlay on the top of this table, when I noticed the bright green rug underneath it. This color coordinates so well with the bright oranges that you may have seen in my last market post. The green is tempered by the neutral, taupe. Gray is the new neutral, by the way!

 

taupe chair

Here is the same color combination of green and taupe, except that this green is more muted and “dirty.” A secondary gray was also added into the mix. The taupe sofa is sporting a contrasting green welt to tie the two pieces together.

 

 

gray chair

This dark taupe chair has a little “hood” that looks a bit like a throne. Can you see how well this color coordinates with the orange in the rug and the blues in the curtains?  We did not buy this chair, by the way…

 

 

funky chair

And speaking of thrones….. What do you think of this chair?  Don’t think it would quite fit in with MY decor.  Would it work for you?  Definitely a custom order piece…

 

circles

Geometric designs were prevalent in many lamps. I loved this one. 

 

 

 

circle lamp

This lamp combined a traditional shade with a more contemporary base.

 

 

lamp1

I saw a lot of glass bases with colorful shades. Note the color of the shade.

 

 

 

 

lamp4

This is a retro-design lamp  that is reminiscent of the early 70’s.  I had lamps almost identical to this when we first got married.

 

 

rope lamp

I think this lamp would work well in a room with beach or cottage decor.

 

 

 

antler wreath

I snapped this picture as we walked past a showroom window.It’s a resin antler wreath that would work with a variety of decor styles.

 

 

 corner cupboard

This cupboard unit reminded me of Susan, from Between Naps on the Porch. She recently acquired two pieces similar to this that she wants to use in her her living room.

 

~~~~

Well, you’ve had another small taste of the many items that we saw in the vendor showrooms last week. In case you missed that post, you can see it here.  You can’t possibly buy every line of furniture and accessories that you see, but I think we picked up a few new lines that will be good sellers in the store. I’ll feature some of those case good items in my next post.

I apologize for the blurriness of some of these photos. It was difficult to dodge people in the crowd and take the time to set up the camera. I just pointed and clicked!  

16 comments:

Jo said...

Some of the pieces are quite interesting...lol...Thanks for sharing this with us.............Jo

The Texas Woman said...

I'd take that resin horn wreath in a heartbeat! Think I'll make one out of real horns. Thanks for the inspiration!

cher

Twice as Nice said...

When I was growing up green and orange were the colors and now they seem to be coming back. Not too sure if they would go in my house. I did like the green rug. I would say the chairs would have to be a special order! The Twins

Sharing with Sherri said...

I really like the corner cupboard and the lamps next to them Sue!


Have a nice Sunday!
Sherri:)

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh my word, so many gorgeous things to look at. I love both of the hooded chairs even though they wouldn't go in my tiny home, they are just gorgeous. It is such fun to browse all the new trends and furnishings. I don't quite know if I'm really ready to do the orange and green thing again, although the new green is so much better than when everything was avocado and orange. Guess that tells how old I am. lol Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving such kind and gracious comments about my home tour. I really appreciate it. You asked about the kitchen walls if that was wall paper. No it is just the texture they put on the walls when they built it. The walls are painted with Ralph Lauren Soul Chocolate. With the glossy paint it really shows the texture up quite a bit in the light, otherwise it is really a lot more subtle. I also wanted to say that I took another look at your previous post and all the fall decorations. They are all just stunning. All of the cloches and apothecary jars really caught my eye, everything just looks beautiful. Hugs, Marty

Kathleen said...

Oh I don't know, Sue. I am not loving it. Guess I am too traditional.
The rope lamp might work here by the beach, but I don't really have any nautical decor...

Those chairs, umm, no!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Really like the corner cupboard. Thanks for sharing with us.

Blue Creek Home said...

I'm not too sure either. I do like it, but not lovin' it. Thanks for sharing.
Rhonda

Gwen said...

I think that I am in lamp heaven!

Kathy said...

Sue - I love the green and taupe!!! The lamp with the big glass globe base is my fav!

Hey, you've just been "boo'd" - stop by my blog! :)

Kathy

Lori E said...

Thank you Sue/Ethel for the birthday wishes. I see you have found a suitable chair for my royal butt. I am often heard to be screeching "I am the lizard queen" and my friends all just accept that.
I need to have a few houses just so I can decorate in all the different styles that I love.

Jo said...

Thank you so very much for putting the giveaway button on your blog! I have been surprised that not many people have signed up for it. I will send you an email abt the get together I'm waiting to find out some information b/4 I can or can't commit

Janean said...

Highpoint as in North Carolina? If it's the one I've been to, it's HUGE! There's lots to get your creative juices going for sure!

Cass @ That Old House said...

That big hooded chair? I would MAKE room for it. I'd give it its OWN room if that's what it wanted... love it.
I also love the coffee table in the first grouping. Wouldn't want the matching end tables, but the coffee table is sweet indeed.

Love all the furniture, actually, but the lamps? Not so much. I look at lamps and think, "Ok, how hard is this going to be to DUST?"

that's why I like simple columns and ginger jar shapes. :-) Yeah, old fashioned.

GREAT tour. Love this.
Cass

furniture Toronto said...

Hi Sue,
This is another gr8 example of your perfect taste.
I like those simple shapes of furniture, which are perfectly suitable to, for example, colorful walls and other more expressive little furniture accessories.
That cupboard has its own mood but it isn't certainly the way I would think over furnishing...maybe in some castle

Anonymous said...

where are the lamps from?
do you know the vendor