I’ve been tagged to play a little game of sharing by Jo @Jo’s 2nd Act. I’m also supposed to tag 5 others to play. I’ve chosen:
In June I posted six things about myself to help you get to know the real me. If you read this little expose about myself, you either wondered how I’m functioning out in the real world or you just plain decided to like me and take me for who I am! LOL Either way, Jo says I have to tell you five more things about myself. So here it goes. I’m going to start with the pet peeves. I have two big ones. They are in no particular order, just let it be said that if you do them in my presence, I just might frown. :- (
1. I hate gum chewing! Not only for myself, but I hate to see and hear other people chomp, make noises, and look like a cow chewing its cud. Most of us do not realize what we look like when we masticate. Have you ever really watched someone?
Although many of us think we have good manners, the tendency for some is to keep their mouths open while moving around that little piece of elasticized tree sap in their mouths. Sometimes, there are really horrible sounds that emanate from people’s mouths when they chew. Snap, crackle, and pop noises just bother me to death! I never learned how to maneuver gum into a position that causes it to make such horrendous noises, and I don’t ever want to learn! *grin*
Watch this guy chomp down in this video. It’s the least offensive of what I saw on You Tube. And believe me, it was quite offensive to watch some of those gross gum chewers!
2. I’m a stickler for being on time and I don’t like to wait for anyone! I always try to make sure that I give myself enough time to get ready. I don’t like to be late because it often inconveniences others. If I say I’m leaving or arriving at a specific time, I do it. If someone is accompanying me, they’d better be ready to go when I am, or they could be left behind. If I tell a guest that dinner will be served at 7:00, it will be served at 7:00 and we’ll start without them. Now lest you think I’m nuttier than a fruitcake, let me tell you that I’m really not overly rigid. Sometimes there are circumstances that cannot be avoided. In those instances, all I ask is that someone call and let me know what’s going on. :-)
3. I wish I had nicer toes. Mr. Sullivan says they are weird looking. Starting at the big toe and moving on down to the baby, they diminish in size, so I have really small toenails that are impossible to paint with nail polish! My feet will never see pretty pinks, rosy reds, or as is the latest craze, bright yellow. ;- (
4. Sometimes I can be a procrastinator. I work really well under pressure and sometimes let projects slide until the last minute. I think it all goes back to being in journalism school and waiting to file a story at the last minute before deadline.
5. I have a tendency to hold a grudge if I am wronged or if I see anyone else being hurt. I know it’s not right. But it’s really hard for me to stop thinking about how somebody could have been so mean, hurtful, and thoughtless. Forgive and forget... It’s something I really have to work on.
So there you have it- me in a nutshell.
And some people might say that the nut is pretty cracked.