Pages

Monday, June 15, 2009

Today’s Thrifty Treasures

 

SouthernHospThriftyTreasures copy_thumb

It always amazes me to see what everyone finds while out thrift store shopping or yard/garage sale- ing.  Rhoda gives us the opportunity to share our finds with each other in today’s meme. Click on the picture or her name to visit her site and see what other participants are showing.

 

 

Yesterday, I took a little break from cleaning house to go thrift shopping at my favorite antique mall in Lebanon, Ohio. I’ve been trying to re-organize my house after finally getting all of my woodwork replaced and most of the downstairs rooms painted,

I went shopping with the intent of finding some  furniture accent pieces. Nothing in particular, because I’m open for anything that strikes my fancy! You know how it is, don’t you?

So when I found this chippy little side table that’s both heavy in weight and well-made, I knew it had to come home with me! It was $16.

chippy table

I want to put it in one of the guest rooms that just got re-painted a pretty robin’s egg blue. I think I’ll put it beside the bed to use as a night stand.

chippy tabletop

Just the right amount of chippiness, don’t you think?  It’s still flaking a bit, so I think I’d better seal it.

folding chair

I had seen this wooden folding chair in one of the booths several weeks ago. It has a leather seat that can easily be enough changed out to a color that’s not so red.  I have some leather samples at the store that I can use. So there won’t be any extra cost for  me to do this. I paid $8.50 for it.

,leather seat

 

 

brownie camera

My last purchase was found hidden on a shelf in the basement. I’ve recently decided that I like old cameras, so this old Brownie Junior will complement the Hawkeye model that I found last week. It has a broken handle, obviously well-used by its owner, but it was only $4.

So there you have my latest little finds. I’m off to finish packing up all the old accessories. And when I’m done, I’ll post pics of where I’ve placed things. 

23 comments:

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

Okay...I am smitten with your finds, especially that sweet white table...that's an A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++ find and the price...woohoo. You can do a thousand things with that table. Have a super great week Sue xo Lynn

Lou Cinda said...

Okay I LOVE all of your finds but especially that table! Love the shape and chippiness of it! Can't wait to see it in the room.

Have a great day!

Lou Cinda :)

Cass @ That Old House said...

Well, the other commenters may love that table, but I am smitten by that chair. what wonderful lines! It's just so very functional, and with great form, too -- perfect. Remember to show t to us when you replace the leather.
Good choices, all around!
Cass

xinex said...

Great finds, Sue! My favorite is the table...Christine

~~Carol~~ said...

What wonderful finds! I LOVE that white chippy little table so much, and the vintage camera. You did good!

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

oooohhhh...what great treasures! That little side table is ADORABLE...I am jealous. And that camera is priceless. Love it all.

~Amanda

Helen Joy said...

Love the camera and the little chippy piece. Yay for you!

Bonafide Southern said...

What interesting finds you discovered! I especially like the little table. Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

Lori E said...

Old cameras seem so interesting as if they really do hold the souls of the people they photographed.
Nice finds Ethel.
Lucy.

Florida Sue said...

If that sweet little chippy table was any perkier it would be downright chirpy! (hey, that was pretty good) Ethel,you did a fine accent piece finding job. Can't wait to see the chair with it's new cheap seat. I have to get back on the thrifting bandwagon, because I feel good,and it's full steam ahead.

XO Lucy/Sue

Susie Q said...

I love these Suey...love 'em. Now. When are we goin' to this place huh? Next week? Maybe??
(Am I begging too much?)

Love,
Sue

Joan@anythinggoeshere said...

Everything is just great. love the little white table. great bargains. Happy Thrifty Monday. I am having a major BLOGmance with your blog. Happy Thrifty Monday.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Sue, I love, love the chippy table! That's just adorable. Love the chair and the old camera too. So fun to find things that we love out there. Thanks for joining the party.

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Hi Sue, OOOOhhhhh love the little white table...and it is just chippy enough! Great finds in Lebanon!
~Patti

Cher said...

Great treasures but that chair is more than charming. Love the design of it!

The Texas Woman

melissa said...

I'm in love with that chair~I've never seen anything quite like it!

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

You did great! That little table is just way too cute and what a bargain! I like all of your finds. laurie

Blondie's Journal said...

Sue,

I love all your finds! And I am happy you found something for your newly painted room. The table is perfect and has the sort of shabby look I adore!

Can't wait to see your handiwork with the chair! :-)

xoxo
Jane

The Pleasures of Homemaking said...

That table will look so pretty in a robin's egg blue room! Very beachy shabby chic! Can't wait to see what you do with that chair!

Manuela

Rue said...

Hey there funny lady :)

Look at you buying cute things! I am in love with all of them and that camera is perfect in it's well loved case :)

xoxo,
rue

Balisha said...

I love that chippy table too! You can use it anywhere...will be really pretty in a robin's egg blue room.

Rue said...

Listen missy... don't be giving me any lip! I'm so far behind on my blog visits I don't ever think I'll ever be to the end.... ugh. As far as calling... honey, y'all know I never pick up a phone. My mom is on there for hours and my ear is in a constant state of shock LOL

xo,
rue

Cindy said...

I love your table and chair, what great finds~ I love your blog too, very pretty! Cindy