Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Tasteless, or odorless? That is the question….

 

If your are offended by any form of bodily function talk, stop reading now. Otherwise….

Yes, these are what you think they are….  And you use them where you think you’re supposed to use them.  So read on…..

clip_image001

I saw the online ad  for this product a  few months ago, thought it was pretty silly, and wondered what type of person actually dreams up this type of product.  The company is called Garment Guard™,  which is a  division  of Solutions That Stick Inc , based out of Irvine, California. This particular division is run by a group of five women.

clip_image002

 

The ad copy reads as follows:

We've all heard of hot pads, knee pads, and bachelor pads, but farting pads? Well get ready for the hippest new pad since Austin Powers was defrosted--the Subtle Butt. The Subtle Butt is a 3.5" square soft fiber fabric with an anti-microbial treatment on one side and impregnated with activated carbon on the other side. Simply place inside your undies or pants and fart away with confidence.

Moderately priced at $9.95 for a package of 5, the Subtle Butt is perfect for your bean loving, brussel sprouts eating, chile-chowing farting boyfriend/husband/co-worker. Each pad comes with two "strategically placed" adhesive strips making installing them a breeze. The strips not only secure the product to your clothing, but also tell you which side should be against your skin.

So pick up a pack or two today at garmentguard.com and don't let flatulence blow you or your friends away. 

Warning:  Best used against SBDs. Subtle Butt makes no claims to muffle the sounds that accompany farting so although your friends won't smell that you farted, they may still hear it. 

This is the marketing video of their product: 

~ don’t forget to turn off my playlist before starting this video ~

 

Now, if they had only made a Subtle Butt  product for dogs,  my life  would have been  a lot more complete when I still had my Cairn terrier, Dickens. He was one stinky little animal.

But  I  still   have a few relatives who could benefit from this product.  Or would I  be the one to benefit from their using it?  

And how does one leave a subtle hint without offending ?

7 comments:

Housewife Savant said...

Two words; Stocking Stuffers.
If that's not subtle nothing is.

I loved SLASH read-with-mouth-hanging-open.

Bizarre.

Heidi Pocketbook said...

Oh. my. goodness. I now know what dh will be getting his posse of brothers for Christmas. And he thought the Anti-Monkey-Butt powder was unique.....I didn't notice this last night when I stopped by for WW.

Lori E said...

Oh Ethel you are so practical. I suppose these may even help if a little more than air comes out.
I don't think they make one that could stand up to my dog. She can clear out an entire house. Ask me how happy I am that she sleeps in our room.

Manuela@Pleasures of Homemaking said...

Oh Stop It!!! That's too much and too funny! Yes my dog Maxie could use such a product LOL!

Manuela

sue said...

OMG! Stocking stuffers! The perfect holiday gift. I can see it now...their little eyes will just glow! Such a silly Ethel today!
Love,
Sue

Tee said...

That is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time! Can't wait to show the hubs and my 2 teenage boys.

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

That was hysterical! Thanks for the laughs! laurie