Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2009

If….

If you can start the day without caffeine,

If you can get going without pep pills,

If you can always be cheerful, ignoring aches and pains,

If you can resist complaining and boring people with your troubles,

If you can eat the same food every day and be grateful for it,

If you can understand when your loved ones are too busy to give you any time,

If you can take criticism and blame without resentment,

If you can resist treating a rich friend better than a poor friend,

If you can conquer tension without medical help,

If you can relax without liquor,

If you can sleep without the aid of drugs,



...Then you are probably “The Family Dog!”

What were you looking for? A compliment?


I received this in an e-mail last week. such silliness LOL


I'm in sunny Mariposa, California outside of Yosemite tonight- readying myself for the start of the LONG drive home tomorrow . Hope everyone is enjoying good weather like I am. I hear Ohio is getting rain, and we'll most likely hit some bad weather in tornado alley along the way.

I'm suffering from a cold that I am attributing to the germ filled air on the planes I flew on. I'm wondering now if wearing one of those blue medical masks would have helped prevent those nasty little germs from settling in my lungs?! And even in light of the swine flu epidemic, I think I would've felt a little weird sporting one of those things! So now I'm coughing; I feel like there is an anvil sitting on my chest; and I'm self-medicating with decongestants, cough syrup and cough drops . Plus, I'm getting weird little side glances from people who are probably wondering if I might potentially be infecting THEM with the pandemic flu bug.

This little health aggravation could make this trip a longer haul than I expected. That is unless the cold medicine finally kicks in and knocks me out for 4 days straight. But I'm not counting on it... Anytime a medicine warning label says it can make the user drowsy, this user ends up more on the hyper side! What gives? Well, at least I could be so hyped up with energy that I'll be able to drive 12 hours a day and get home a day ahead of schedule. I'll let you know if my speediness hurts or helps me. Because I need to stay on the good side of the law... More updates later. Sue

20 comments:

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Hope you feel better soon so your drive home won't be so bad. I just drove back from Sarasota , Fl and that is one long drive and I can't imagine doing it sick. Feel better!
~Patti

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Hi there! Thanks for visiting my blog this morning. :) I think we will have to invest in a toilet lid lock at this point...my oldest never got into the toilet. Also, I don't know if I can stand the wait to see how Izzie fares on Grey's!!! :)

Susie Q said...

Dang buddy! I hate that you feel so bad. Yuck. I always seem to pick up a germ of some kind on a plane. I hope the trip home is easy on you both...long I know but with lots ot see along the way of interest! Remember that ball of twine! Or the Cadillac Burial ground! You coud stop at every touristy spot along the way!
Or not...just sayin'.

Kip is SO impressed with your Dog Night post! His has NOT even been posted! Darn dog has been so lazy and just lying around scratching and NOt writin'! I will get in him today!

Be safe and feel better.

Love,
Sue

Laryssa Herbert said...

Sue,
Thanks for leaving a comment on the Funny Cat Story post.
I really like clean, funny stories! There's so much bad news that we hear everyday,so it's nice to be able to laugh.

blondiensc said...

hi Sue! hope you enjoyed your vacation despite the coughing, Have a safe drive home!

Manuela@Pleasures of Homemaking said...

That was soooo funny! I was going along quite seriously saying to myself well I can't go without coffee but I can do this this this LOL!

Hope you're feeling better soon. My husband always takes some Airborne as soon as he gets to his hotel room (he flies every week for his job).

Manuela

Rue said...

Sounds like a great time LOL Sorry you're sick... yuck.

Oh and lurking instead of commenting doesn't get you any farther in the blogging world missy ;)

xo,
rue

Brenda said...

Hope you get home safely. Drink lots of liquids and rest yourself thoroughly once home. That means pamper yourself with lots of magazines!
Brenda

Beverly said...

Good morning! Visiting from SITS and just have to say I love the background of your blog. Can't stay long right now, but I'll be back to explore further!

It's All Good said...

haha, I love your list! visiting from SITS, have a wonderful day!

Vivienne said...

Have a safe trip. I swear by Airborne (Lemon-Lime) or Emergen C (tangerine)
Good luck!
Thanks for stopping by to visit me.

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

LOVED IT. And anit the truff...lol

lagirl said...

Hi Sue!
I found your Blog through SITS, but sorry I found you sick. Hope you're feeling better and can enjoy your drive home...I signed on as a Follower, so I'll be back.

Barb said...

In regard to top article that was sent to you:
Wish i was the family dog!!! =0

Thanks for coming by.

Blessings on your week.

barbara jean

Joy said...

Oh to be the family dog! They don't know how good they've got it. ;o)

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Oh no! I Had that same cold a few weeks ago and I was hoarse for two weeks..I felt bad as I had to go to Denver at the end of the cold, but thankfully no one caught it from me.

I hope you feel better soon -- drink lots of warm fluids and take zinc lozenges if you can find them.

Drive home safe and enjoy the view!

Loved the "If" piece .... it's so true..lol!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I read that and laughed. I am afraid I am guilty of some of them! Darn it! I am late getting here so you are probably home safe and sound by now.
Maybe I should be glad I'm not the family dog...then again... :)
Hugs,
Mona

Lou Cinda said...

Sue, I am so sorry you aren't feeling well! I wish you good health really, really soon!

Yeah, kids...gotta love'em! If we can make it through the teenage years!!!! The terrible twos have NOTHING on this!

What can I do for $$$$! hmmmmmm.......I type really fast, but I am already doing that.....I decorate, but no one would pay me for that....I practice law without a license, but that's illegal.......Girl, I'm toast!
Have a great day and feel better!

Lou Cinda :)

The Muse said...

Hello, it is nice to meet you. I love the shot of the Irish homestead!...

My fingers are crossed that you dont get too jazzed...!

The Muse said...

:) Please feel free to visit me anytime..and of course, you may simply buzz by and alert me to a new blog here... As I would be delighted to sing an Irish tune with either Sullivan or Murphy (wink) LOL