Pages

Friday, April 17, 2009

Sue, Rue, and Sue

Thanks, Rue. Nothing like a little pressure for me to pound out this post…. how come I knew you would be the first one to post about our little outing yesterday? Okay, so I did start writing a post when I got back home yesterday, but then I got side-tracked eating checking out some of the food goodies that I bought for myself the family. By the way, that caramelized onion spread is great on Triscuits!

my goodies A few jars of what is left of my goodies.

Attention to readers- if you’re here on my blog for the first time, you are probably here because you linked in from Rue or Susie Q. I’m pretty new to Bloggy World, so I don’t have the multiple readership hits that they get. So until I get famous for my wit and stylish room settings- tee hee hee, it’ll make me feel popular (even if only for a day) if you leave me a comment…. so thanks in advance for making the trip over here.

Sue and Rue are two awesome bloggers that I had the funnest (I don’t think my journalism professor would say that is a word, but I kind of like the sound of it) time with yesterday on our little foray of shopping and eating. It started out as an adventure because Susie Q’s husband, who was once a Navy navigator, didn’t give her the right directions to where we were supposed to meet. I had taken along my GPS just for good measure, but not even that miraculous little tool could have led us to the correct destination if the correct address isn’t entered! Yup. Bill had given her the wrong name of the road, too. Sue, are you sure he has never gotten you lost before? LOL

Oh well, we were only a little ? late in meeting Rue, and I never once had a thought in the back of my mind that she might have

A. thought that we may have bailed on her.

B. thought that she thought she may be at the wrong place.

C. thought that she thought that meeting new people from cyber-space could be dangerous.

It all turned out okay, though. The other Sue and I apologized for our tardiness, we hugged, we laughed and commiserated, we shopped, and then we ate! Courtesy of Rue’s blog, you’ve seen Louella, the restaurant’s patron “saint.”

IMG_0709Louella

IMG_0704-1

I think this is the farm’s resident cat. Cute, huh?

You’ve seen Rue’s lunch. You’ve seen her gifts. You’ve seen the tops of our heads.

Alas, I don’t have too many pictures to show because I was too busy eating--at the store and at the restaurant. When I see free stuff, I have a tendency to go a little nuts. I flitted from one sample to another while Rue and Sue spent time getting to know one another. I’m also sure that I had the freshest of breath after eating the multiple sample spoonfuls of the caramelized onion dips and the garlic spreads…. At the restaurant, Sue even had to take a picture of my prime rib sandwich because I was too busy chowing down to take out my camera. It might be posted for posterity on her blog. By the way, I got gifts, too. But I think you now know what I was doing instead of taking pictures……

IMG_0706-1 I can attest that this is a good tasting bottle of wine. No, I didn’t drink it while I was here; I’ve had it before. Sheesh……..

IMG_0710This is the restaurant where we ate.

sue and rue Rue and the other Sue

( I changed the caption so people wouldn’t think Rue had gone blonde… It used to say, “Sue and Rue.” )

After lunch we stepped outside of the restaurant to pose for more pictures. I even took a few. Some guy drove by and honked at us, most likely wondering why three crazy women were hugging and laughing together like old friends do. And it was as if we had always been friends, not as if we had just met. It was a blast and the time went by so very fast. I would have liked to have had more hours to spend with these two girls. Thanks, Rue and Sue. We’ll do it again, and I promise that I’ll behave and won’t get us into any trouble. Really….

xoxo Sue

22 comments:

Rue said...

hehehehehe.... you really are hilarious Sue. Still laughing.... Thank you for showing us from the neck up... ALWAYS appreciated ;)

I had the best time and you didn't get us into toooooo much trouble LOL

Oh and just HOW did you know I would be the first???? LOLOL

xoxo,
rue

Rue said...

Oh and btw, that's rue and then sue... people are going to think I went blond and poor Susie will get stuck being called "bucky". Could my teeth BE any bigger?! LOLOLOL

xoxo,
rue

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time together! I think you do have a good wit with your blogging and your pictures are great too. Enjoy this fabulous weather!
~Hugs, Patti

salmagundi said...

Congratulations on posting the first picture of Susie Q I've seen - she is always hiding behind the camera!!!! You must have had a great time. I've followed Rue & Sue for quite awhile, and now I've found you, too. Great post! Sally

Rue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Utah Grammie said...

OK, so I'm a Sullivan and my Mother's maiden name was Sullivan! Their roots are Strokstown, Ireland. Maybe we're related! Anyway, found your blog by way of Rue's and wanted to tell you the last time I was in Urbana Ohio I picked up some of the Rothchild's Wasabi Sweet Mustard (I think that's the name - I'm at work now and can't check the fridge...and yes..I should be "working")

Anyway, is "Robert's" In Urbana? We ate at a wonderful little restaurant and then went into a darling shop (about 2 years ago) and I've slept since then so I can't remember.

So, I'll be back - I'm now a follower ;-)

Susie Q said...

And I am SO behind!!! You guys are too fast! And this made me laugh and cry and giggle...you silly girl you. I had the BEST time. We must do it again SOON! Real soon!
And who does not love a lady who inly shows me from the neck up? But i will say it here....YOU and Rue are gorgeous! yes folks. They are!!!

Love,
Sue who better get to posting!

Mumzie said...

What a GREAT time! I so enjoy seeing these adventures. Lovely post. Mumzie

deardaisycottage said...

It is so nice to meet YOU, Sue!!!

I love Rue & Sue and I'm so happy that you had such a great time! Welcome to Blogland! I'm adding your beautiful site to my Blog Candy roll now.

xo,
Kim

Life on Bonnie Lane said...

I found my way here from Rue's blog, then the other Sue's. Lucky you to be meeting them, thought I am only familiar with Rue. I am also an Ohioan, but up in the northwest part of the state. Looks like you had a fantastic time!

I'll be back for more blog visits!

Kady

imjacobsmom said...

Glad I followed you over here from Rue & Sue's. It sounds like you guys had the best day! ~ Robyn

Rich said...

I told the "other Sue" that you all should have called an Army Transportation husband for the directions :) After all WE are the ones on land...

Glad you all had fun.

Helen said...

Rich is just too funny ~ pricless comment. How fun it must have been for all of you to have this time together. Now, I've seen a full length shot of Rue, so I know she has 'legs.' My sister lives in Albany OH close to Athens. Glad I've had the chance to meet you. P.S. I am wondering (you don't have to tell me) if you sat around talking about the blogs you read. I know I would if I had the chance to have lunch with blog friends I had never met.

bj said...

Thanks much for coming by my place today...I am so so glad you three gals had such a great time. It sounds just wonderful..
I want to meet with a fellow blogger SOOOOO bad...maybe someday.
xo bj

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Looks like a wonderful time, Sue! Those are two great gals. Isn't it great how blogging has introduced us to so many wonderful new people?

Jennifer Juniper said...

Great start to your new blog! Thanks to sits for introducing me to you :)

Manuela@Pleasures of Homemaking said...

Rue and Sue are the nicest bloggers so I'm not surprised you guys had the best time!

Manuela

Country Romantic said...

Hi Sue,

You always make me laugh when I read your posts. You would be so much to go visit or shopping with. Those gals are blessed to be your friends. :) It looks and sounds like ya'll had a great fun time.

On a different note: Just letting you know that I'll be away a few days...my blog's on auto pilot posting...my Grandma passed away and I'll be busy with the funeral and family for several days. I'll be back soon and we'll catch up. :)

Hugs & Blessings,

Katherine

blondiensc said...

What a lovely time you three had!! isn't it fun meeting bloggers... and becoming sure friends to boot?

Have a lovely day~

Tara

Susan S. said...

Hi Sue....welcome to blogging. I haven't been at it that long....7 months or so...but it sure is fun. It sounds like you had a blast with Rue and Sue. I follow their blogs so it was fun to see all the perspectives. But you've got to agree...you all had a blast! I'm sad I don't live closer...getting together with ya'll would be fun...I would even Shorten SUSAN down to Sue...if I could "get in the club"!

Michelle@Fromhousetohome said...

How fun to meet bog buddies for shopping and a meal! Welcome to the blogging world, I look forward to your upcoming posts!
~Michelle

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

Hello Miss Sue~I've just strolled into your blog for my first visit from Rue's. Your girls had quite the adventure.
Any wine tittle *layer cake* has my stamp of approval and would be promptly purchased. I must put an APB on that one.
Rumor has it... that pic of Sue-too, is the only one that exists in all of blogland...that's quite an accomplishments in an afternoon of many.
I've enjoyed taking a peek at your past posts.
I look forward to coming by your charming blog again.
Come by for a visit. The company would be nice.

Sweet wishes,
Sara