Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Eye Candy

Click on any picture to enlarge.
















Anxious for the awakening of Spring, I decided to dress my dining room table with an oversized Chocolate Easter Egg and several cartons of smaller Chocolate eggs on a silver platter atop a lace tablecloth.


































Yummy white, dark, and milk Chocolate eggs decorated with even more swirls of the decadent stuff..... Little Chocolate bunnies ready to be nibbled upon......








But Look Closer.... they are not the real Chocolate eggs and bunnies that you buy in the store.



THEY ARE FAKES!
.....Which is good for me, 'cause I gave up these sweet treats for Lent!


I am anxiously awaiting Easter Sunday when I can take a big giant bite out of a REAL Chocolate Easter bunny!! Until then, I continue to crave what I cannot have. I make it point to bypass the candy aisles in the discount stores and the grocery store.
















But this afternoon I could simply not resist picking up this small box of Chocolates at TJMaxx. It reminded me to be a good person and Hear No Evil, See No Evil, and Speak No Evil. And the only way to do it would be to bite off the parts of that DARN Chocolate Easter Bunny!!!!




And as much as I would've like to have bought these little guys, taken them home and partaken of their goodness,

I did No Evil whatsoever.




If you want to see more goodies, go check out Rhoda and her Eye Candy



Southern Hospitality: Spring Fluffing Highlights


I will be in sunny California until April 2nd. so I bid you good blogging until then. ~ Sue

17 comments:

Mumzie said...

Your page is so beautiful. I love the homestead picture. We are going to Ireland in June and hope to enjoy the countryside. Beautiful! Mumzie

Country Romantic said...

Hi Sue,

Your chocolate eggs look so real. They fooled me. :) They look good as a centerpiece.

Hugs & Blessings,

~Katherine~

Rue said...

Hi Sue :)

Those chocolates look so real that I would have put one in my mouth before realizing they were fakes LOL

Have a great time in my home state!

hugs,
rue

K said...

I could never keep real chocolate on my table. I would eat it instantly.

Very cute centerpiece.

So Not Mom-a-licious said...

Um I heart you and all of your chocolate goodness...even if it is fake. And I totally love the Sullivan Homestead picture! I can't begin to imagine how awesome it is in Ireland. Also, my brother-in-law in a Sullivan. I hope that someday he will be able to travel to his homeland!
I am stopping by to give you a warm welcome to the SITS community! Glad you joined us and hope to see you around!

Barb said...

Sue,
Your centerpiece is lovely, and my first thought was that i could never resist all that chocolate laying around, but since it is not 'real' chocolate, I'd be safe too. =0)

Blessings on your day,
Barbara Jean

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Sue, thank you for linking up to the party! Oh my, I thought this was real chocolate too until I read further. I would be in big twuuble with those around if they were real. So nice ot meet you, come back & see me often. Your DR is beautiful!

Jane said...

Those eggs certainly do look very real, and what a beautiful centerpiece as well!

Jane

Karen Brown Letarte said...

What a gorgeous creation you have made! If I were at your house right now, you'd be doing the Heimlich maneuver because I would have tried to eat of the "chocolates."

I admire you for practicing a Lenten discipline. Ok, this probably makes me a bad person, but from one SITSta to another, do you know about the Lenten loophole? ALL SUNDAYS ARE FEAST DAYS. That's because we celebrate the resurrection every Sunday. We are not supposed to FAST on FEAST DAYS. Which means.... you can eat chocolate on Sundays without breaking your Lenten discipline! I am a huge supporter of chocolate. We go waaaaaayy back.

Saw some of your comments on Welcomista blogs and figured you are new to SITS too.

Hope your trip is wonderful, and I look forward to reading more of your blog in April!

Cheers!
-Karen :)

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Oh Sue, your pretty table centerpiece looks so real! I'd be tempted to try an "chocolate egg," too, if I were visitng you!

Susie Q said...

Glory be dear Sue! I LOVE all of these fabulous fakeries! It looks so, so pretty and so, so real. I could actually decorate like this and not kill off my fur babies whne they snoop! *smile*

Oh my goodness but your ining room is so elegant and beautiful! I will, of course, be
embarrassed when you see mine though! And you WILL see mine right?? : )

Have a wonderful trip...talk to you when you return!

Love,
Sue

Haven and Home said...

Yum! Real or not this making me want chocolate! What a cute centerpiece, I am going to have to try this out!

Julie said...

I love the fake egg arrangement! Good thing it is fake because I would defiitely make it much smaller in no time if it was real.

Joy said...

This is such a pretty centerpiece! If it were real, there wouldn't be anything left of it in my house. ;o)

Allidink said...

Hi I love your blog! You can't even tell the eggs are fake it looks great! And TJ Maxx is wonderful isn't it? lol

All the best,
Allison

Barb said...

Sue,
Thanks for coming by and your congrats on my 200th post.

I'm looking forward to giving away lots of prizes on my giveaway!!

Blessings Barbara Jean

PS That chocolate is still just too much temptation, even if it isn't real!!

A Cottage Industry said...

What an adorable centerpiece! I love the giant half egg shell!!!! Thanks for sharing,
Tracey